What type of hearing device do you use?

What type of hearing device do you use?

• Hybrid cochlear implant(s)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bone anchored hearing aid(s)

• Over-the-counter amplification device(s)

• Total voters

hearingtracker

Reaction score
I have noticed a lot of threads in this forum about cochlear implants, and I was wondering how many people in this group actually use hearing aids vs cochlear implants vs bone anchored hearing aids, etc. Thanks for sharing your response!

My hearing devices are my sweetie :kiss:who signs to me, texts, or speaks in short, clear, easy-to-read sentences.

My other hearing devices are closed captions on commercial TV :applause:and SDH subtitles on DVDs :giggle:.

The CC been horrible lately when watching the news , it seem like whole sentences are being left out. I can hear what being said but I can't understand what was said.

No option for.... NONE?

I apologize for leaving out the "None" option. My assumption was that people in "Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implants" were using one or the other. I tried to add the option, but it looks like the survey is not editable. Again, sorry about that!

My hearing devices are my sweetie :kiss:who signs to me, texts, or speaks in short, clear, easy-to-read sentences.

My other hearing devices are closed captions on commercial TV :applause:and SDH subtitles on DVDs :giggle:.

Good way of looking at it :giggle:

What is SDH?

I rely on Widex Clear 440 and yes, subtitles too. I often wish when people speak to me that I could read the subtitles coming out of their mouth but it has yet to happen....

Laura

I rely on Widex Clear 440 and yes, subtitles too. I often wish when people speak to me that I could read the subtitles coming out of their mouth but it has yet to happen....

Laura
:rofl: I had said this too about people having CC on their forehead when talking !

Back