What is your nationality ?

I probably mentioned in this topic or so.. but anyways I can do this again...

I'm Ukrainian but my great grandpa and his family came from Poland (which at the time was part of Ukraine long before the Soviet Revoltion) so I know this for a fact...

I was adopted so not sure what I am by blood...but I have dual citizenship with Canada and Switzerland

Blue/Green eyes are my weak spot

Ditto,

My hubby's dark hazel of blue and green. I got dark brown eyes. My kids both got hazel of brown and green. I think my girl got more soft brown than green while my boy got more green than brown but they look like they have brown eyes. If you guys get close to see their eyes then hazel of green and brown.

After reviewing this thread, it appears that most ADers are "foreign"--there are very few American posters. Very surprising.

After reviewing this thread, it appears that most ADers are "foreign"--there are very few American posters. Very surprising.

One of the many reasons I love coming to AD - very rich culture experience.

I would prefer sharing experience with others on a global scale as I can relate with others knowing we all do share similar life experiences; Deaf or hearing.

One of the many reasons I love coming to AD - very rich culture experience.

I would prefer sharing experience with others on a global scale as I can relate with others knowing we all do share similar life experiences; Deaf or hearing.
Oh, I find other people's heritage stories very interesting also. I enjoy genealogies. But there is a difference between heritage and nationality. Nationality is the country to which one belongs now. I find it hard to believe that all these ADers live in all these different countries. :lol:

Oh, I find other people's heritage stories very interesting also. I enjoy genealogies. But there is a difference between heritage and nationality. Nationality is the country to which one belongs now. I find it hard to believe that all these ADers live in all these different countries. :lol:

When I was in SLC UT, I had the chance to go into the Genealogy museum but I didn't. Oh I am kicking myself for not going into the Genealogy museum as it's rich in information & artifacts.

I am just glad that this site is more broader in other countries ie Deaf culture, CIs, Deaf Education and so on.

Culture and its backgrounds; always fascinating to learn.

Well, the original poster wanted it to be about genealogy-- not surprising since asking about nationality in ASL usually provoke "what makes up your blood?!?"

Well, the original poster wanted it to be about genealogy-- not surprising since asking about nationality in ASL usually provoke "what makes up your blood?!?"
This thread is actually at least three threads merged, so finding all the original posters was tricky. :giggle:

Back