what is the best type of hearing aid, if ur getting them for the first time

MVP262

Reaction score
Im getting my first pair hearing aids in 3 weeks if i go.
but im just wandering wot type of hearing aids are the best, if ur getting them for the first time?
1 or 2?
wots the pros and cons about the different type of hearing aids?

Im getting my first pair hearing aids in 3 weeks if i go.
but im just wandering wot type of hearing aids are the best, if ur getting them for the first time?
1 or 2?
wots the pros and cons about the different type of hearing aids?

It really depends on the person and the type of loss you have. I have only ever used BTE's because that is all I can use and I am happy with them. Again, I have always used two because I have hearing loss in both ears. It is like saying why don't I only put on prescription lens in my glasses and only actually see from one eye. Doesn't make sense right?

As for your question about the pros and cons of different types are you talking about the different styles, like BTE, ITE, ITC, CIC? or the different brands/models like Phonak, Oticon, Siemens, Unitron,etc?

Jenny is right. It depend on your hearing loss. How many you have hearing loss? Don't you mind I asking?

In my opinion, I like BTE, Open Fit BTE brand of Oticon and Phonak. They have any color bte available. You can find a favorite color or find a match on your hair.

All of the above is true.

I do know this from experience: BTEs last way longer than CICs. Best brand? Depends on your loss. I have been finding starkey is good cuz they are powerful..

All of the above is true.

I do know this from experience: BTEs last way longer than CICs. Best brand? Depends on your loss. I have been finding starkey is good cuz they are powerful..
I don't remember which hearing aid I had, but it was an old analog BTE hearing aid. I got it in 1993 and it lasted me until 2007. It went through rain, jumping in the pool, taking a shower, chewed by a dog, left in a parking lot overnight during a rainstorm, etc... and it still worked... until it finally died last year.

Now, I'm wearing a digital BTE hearing aid. I wouldn't mind getting another one of the same hearing aid I had before since I find that one reliable. :)

I don't remember which hearing aid I had, but it was an old analog BTE hearing aid. I got it in 1993 and it lasted me until 2007. It went through rain, jumping in the pool, taking a shower, chewed by a dog, left in a parking lot overnight during a rainstorm, etc... and it still worked... until it finally died last year.

Now, I'm wearing a digital BTE hearing aid. I wouldn't mind getting another one of the same hearing aid I had before since I find that one reliable. :)

Wow! I think that is so cool that they lasted that long. :)

I am inclined, by habit, to have analog BTE hearing aids. These days, digital is the way to go.

shy girl: update?

Back