What do you want in a movie theater?

Since he says it is "reopening a small historic movie theater" I doubt that the sofa seating would fit in with the rest of the decor.
Unfortunately the old seats were not salvageable, so new seating coming next week.

I like captions with either yellow or white font with black backgrounds. My theatre has horrible captions - they were very faint and I had to complain and get a refund for it. It still has the horrible captions. They need to change them! And I wish that every single theatre were required to provide captions so I wouldn't have to take the bus across the city just to go to the only theatre just to benefit from their captioning. There are so many theatres in this city (San Antonio) and I want to be able to go to the nearest one a few minutes away so I can enjoy the movie. I just wait for the DVD to come out, instead, which takes about 6 months to a year.

I like captions with either yellow or white font with black backgrounds. My theatre has horrible captions - they were very faint and I had to complain and get a refund for it. It still has the horrible captions. They need to change them! And I wish that every single theatre were required to provide captions so I wouldn't have to take the bus across the city just to go to the only theatre just to benefit from their captioning. There are so many theatres in this city (San Antonio) and I want to be able to go to the nearest one a few minutes away so I can enjoy the movie. I just wait for the DVD to come out, instead, which takes about 6 months to a year.
thanks for the input. do you also use a loop or or other audio device with your CI? not judging just trying to plan for people that might want to use both.

hated RWC as well.. you have to be careful not to move the stupid thing, and its just not comfortable and up and down from the screen.. but it "does" work and provide more access.. but I love open captioning but wish the words would be black.. seriously... white or yellow can be difficult to read.. and I think there should be captioning of each showing at least once a day or twice a day for fair access. Too many times I've had friends ask me to go to a movie but I can't because the CC isn't that day or whatever.. the RWC does offer more flexibility but it's a PITA (pain in the Ass)

Make it accessible so that people can bring their deaf cats on leash to enjoy a movie night out. Cats do need break from cat nips. I think movie nights would be great if you showed cat movies and got cats perked up. Those deaf cats would love CC on big screen. They think that 3D glasses are retarded. I know. I thought that 3D glasses were retarded. If I thought that they were retarded, then cats would think the same.

Are you actually serious with these posts?

Laura

Hi All,
I am a hearing person and I have joined your forum to ask a question of a lot of Deaf/HoH people at one time. My wife is in the process of reopening a small historic movie theater. It is time to select assistive devices for the facility and I would like some input from the people who actually use these technologies to best determine where to invest the funds of this small nonprofit.
I am currently looking at a T-Loop for the entire theater with receivers for those who don’t have Tele-Coil compatible Hearing Aids.
In addition I am hoping to offer captions. I have looked at the Rear Window System and the Sony system with glasses. I would appreciate any input from people who have used any of these systems. Please give pros, Cons, and or other suggestions. What type of products would make you want to come to a small town movie theater?
Thanks in advance for your time and input.

Personally, I love foreign films: Hong Kong, Korea, Thailand, Argentina and Spain. I never see cinemas that offer a variety of foreign films and that would be nice.

I like Sony system with glasses. It's best than either on screen or rear view. Why? It's very compatible like hearing when you laugh off your ass like LOLOLOLOLOL as you turn head around from screen to your friend next to seat. While the subtitle is still there!

FM is better than T-loop?

Though I haven't had the opportunity to use a looped room, I would say the t-loop is at least comparable to the FM System.

Unfortunately, everyone does not have t-coils in thier hearing aids.

Do the t-coil receivers have a way to plug headphones into them? If so, those without t-coils in their HAs may have other ways to get the sound (I could use my ComPilot streamer, though I do have t-coils).

If you do go with something other than t-loop, make sure the receivers use plug in head/ear pieces, so those of us with neckloops can use them.

Thank you for taking this effort to meet our needs. :)

Hi All,
I am a hearing person and I have joined your forum to ask a question of a lot of Deaf/HoH people at one time. My wife is in the process of reopening a small historic movie theater. It is time to select assistive devices for the facility and I would like some input from the people who actually use these technologies to best determine where to invest the funds of this small nonprofit.
I am currently looking at a T-Loop for the entire theater with receivers for those who don’t have Tele-Coil compatible Hearing Aids.
In addition I am hoping to offer captions. I have looked at the Rear Window System and the Sony system with glasses. I would appreciate any input from people who have used any of these systems. Please give pros, Cons, and or other suggestions. What type of products would make you want to come to a small town movie theater?
Thanks in advance for your time and input.

I wouldn't go with anything Sony makes. Most of their stuff either goes obsolete or unsupported really fast.

Closed captioning has always been the best way to watch a movie.

But the most important thing : good movies :)

Back