What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck Shel! I'm sure you'll do great :P

Thanks CSign. Spent most of the night last night polishing up my resume. Now, I am in need of 5 cups of coffee to wake up and I am not a coffee drinker!

Had an unexpected visitor last night... Let's see if he'll sabotage my move.

Thinking I need to get off my mini-soapbox and go fix lunch.

ticks found a safe place to survive in this cold weather... on your cats!

True dat.....no ticks on my doggie or cat....but I keep Advantage on them, use it every month. Fleas are the problem here....seem to be year-round. Whenever I call in the exterminator,,every few months, he sprays for all insects (even fleas)....I hate them with a passion!

Saw a stray cat once, who was infested with fleas. Horrible sight! And also by the River, we have a lot of Geese and Cranes, and they carry fleas also....

Im thinking about the Deaf Coffee Social I found. No one has answered my question from their site. I want to know if it's any benefit to me to go to if I don't know how to sign??? I also placed a few ads for ASL tutor on different sites, but no answers. Probably a bad time of year. Everyone is so busy!!!

I think I have the laptop I wanna get picked out. Sony. Been playing with different customizations on their site, so have 2 different laptops with similar configurations, and a laptop carrying bag picked out as well. Just a matter of E or C series.. I'm leaning more towards C, cause they have a nice bright RED laptop that I keep drooling over haha. Still waiting to get the check from my grandma (hopefully it'll be waiting in my mailbox when I get home today). I'm so ridiculous excited and geeky about this!

Im thinking about the Deaf Coffee Social I found. No one has answered my question from their site. I want to know if it's any benefit to me to go to if I don't know how to sign??? I also placed a few ads for ASL tutor on different sites, but no answers. Probably a bad time of year. Everyone is so busy!!!

One of the Deaf Socials I had here in town originally told me not to come if I did not know ASL, but then relented as they found more and more new people who did not know ASL and needed or wanted to learn. Now we are all allowed to go and everyone gets to learn while there.

I also just found out last night that there will be a new Deaf Coffee Chat here in town and have been told that even if I don't know ASL, I am more than welcome and they will all help me. It is being started by a user here on AD but she hasn't checked in for a while. Shoshanna. First night for it is on Jan 13th.

True dat.....no ticks on my doggie or cat....but I keep Advantage on them, use it every month. Fleas are the problem here....seem to be year-round. Whenever I call in the exterminator,,every few months, he sprays for all insects (even fleas)....I hate them with a passion!

Saw a stray cat once, who was infested with fleas. Horrible sight! And also by the River, we have a lot of Geese and Cranes, and they carry fleas also....

It would be nice if the Advantage would get rid of the alligators permanently. :hmm:

Am thinking of the Hospital bill I got from my Insurance company....$65,450.50......:shock:

Hospital bill

Am thinking of the Hospital bill I got from my Insurance company....$65,450.50......:shock:

God, I sure hope you don't have to pay this. I can just imagine what my bill was. 24days regular room, 10 days ICU, plus a private ambulance drive, wirh nurse to a hospital for a special test that they couldn't do at the facility I was at. Multiple MRI's, CT's and EEG's.. Plus numerous other tests and then home health. I'm just guessing but I'm sure over a million +??? Thank god for insurance.:angel:

Deaf Coffee Social

One of the Deaf Socials I had here in town originally told me not to come if I did not know ASL, but then relented as they found more and more new people who did not know ASL and needed or wanted to learn. Now we are all allowed to go and everyone gets to learn while there.

I also just found out last night that there will be a new Deaf Coffee Chat here in town and have been told that even if I don't know ASL, I am more than welcome and they will all help me. It is being started by a user here on AD but she hasn't checked in for a while. Shoshanna. First night for it is on Jan 13th.

Thanks for the information. Date of event is Dec. 23rd. I really wanted the chance to meet someone to teach me ASL. I think I'm going to pass on this event. Hopefully someone will respond and I'll go to the next one after the holidays. Good luck with your new group.
I really can't believe how hard it is to find someone to teach me ASL. This is my only means of communicating besides pen and paper. I'm willing to pay, but still no help. I sure wish some of you lived closer and could help me.:angel:

I am now thinking about totally deleting my FB account. I hate the new Timeline version and there's no way I can see to go back to the original layout.

Biggest issue I see is, all the friends I have between AD, Deaf church, 2 high schools and all my relatives. Why oh why did I have to click on that stupid "Learn More" button?

I am now thinking about totally deleting my FB account. I hate the new Timeline version and there's no way I can see to go back to the original layout.

Biggest issue I see is, all the friends I have between AD, Deaf church, 2 high schools and all my relatives. Why oh why did I have to click on that stupid "Learn More" button?

I'll ask my friend if it's reversible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back