What Are You Reading Right now?

I remember Shakespeare reading :D

But right now is what Alex wants to know.. Go to the library and get a new book. It is great for your English skills when you read books.

I'm currently reading my two favorite authors of those books are John Steinbeck and Joseph Heller. Now, I am reading the best-selling books such as East of Eden and Catch-22. Catch-22 is my first purchase of reading book to be fascinated on every chapter.

But right now is what Alex wants to know.. Go to the library and get a new book. It is great for your English skills when you read books.

I agree with above the statement. Dixeboy, how much you see my English grammar made itself very improved? Keep reading more and over and over like articles, magazines, newspapers, and books to loan from the Library or buy a new cheap best-selling book from the Barnes and Nobles. I'm not sure if Canada has Barnes and Nobles or Border bookstores.

I believe you are correct It important to reading help learn words and develop your mind because grow words :D

Currently reading The Fallen: LEVIATHAN by Thomas Sniegoski.... and Gwenhwyfar by Mercedes Lackey.

LEVIATHAN (or rather, the Fallen series) is of fallen angels, a newborn angel, and the Powerful Angels who has come to stop the newborn angel from letting the fallen angels back into Heaven.

GWENHWYFAR is her side of the story from King Arthur's side. The author decided to follow Marion Zimmer Bradley's storytelling of the women of Avalon, and is now presenting the story of King Arthur from Guinevere's perspective. Ive liked Bradley's stories of the women of Avalon, like... how it came to be that Morgaine became sister of Arthur Pendragon, and how her life in Avalon entwined with her brother's kingdom in Camelot, alongside with Lancelot, Galahad, Mordred, etc...

AND...

The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter. Her books are something I'd strongly recommend reading if you're into fantasy romance that borders a bit on softcore erotica (then again, most romance books are softcore erotica.. hmm).

Im aware I multi-read books. :)

I agree with above the statement. Dixeboy, how much you see my English grammar made itself very improved? Keep reading more and over and over like articles, magazines, newspapers, and books to loan from the Library or buy a new cheap best-selling book from the Barnes and Nobles. I'm not sure if Canada has Barnes and Nobles or Border bookstores.
Thank I am appreciate to you i am study reading understand improve successfully I understand grammar and also more improve best hard work! best hard work! I have proud of best my skills book I know best impressive.i am very wonderful!! :D

Thank I am appreciate to you i am study reading understand improve successfully I understand grammar and also more improve best hard work! best hard work! I have proud of best my skills book I know best impressive.i am very wonderful!! :D

Yes, I love encourage those deaf people to read a lot. I support our deaf community have share with hearing community. It doesn't matter to do it!

Yes, I love encourage those deaf people to read a lot. I support our deaf community have share with hearing community. It doesn't matter to do it!

Of course I do it best effort to learn community and reading skills best hard work! I try best hard work :D i learn it respect to each other member forum is! I hope be forum reading on study learn how better improve! I do it help people don't understand or reexplain to understand help better if you effort and best hard work! :D

day-by-day-armageddon.jpg

Started last night before I went to sleep. I didn't really plan on going deep into it, and next thing I know I'm 50pages deep. Pretty good so far.

Also, I checked out on "The zombie survival guide by Max Brooks" at book store it's very interesting and definitely my next purchase!

Right now I'm reading "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Neffenegger, it's pretty good so far. I just finished "Room" by Emma Donoghue...amazing book where a mom overcomes imprisonment. I'll also recommend anything by Augusten Burroughs, amazing, humorous author.

Thanks for reading,

iacobus

Just started Talk Talk, by TC Boyle. I've tried reading this book two times before but got bored a few pages in. Now I'm going to force myself to finish it. It's about a deaf woman whose identity is stolen. I am interested in seeing how Boyle represents ASL and Deaf culture, since he's hearing and doesn't really have any connection to the Deaf world. Needless to say, I will be holding the book to a high standard.

Just started Talk Talk, by TC Boyle. I've tried reading this book two times before but got bored a few pages in. Now I'm going to force myself to finish it. It's about a deaf woman whose identity is stolen. I am interested in seeing how Boyle represents ASL and Deaf culture, since he's hearing and doesn't really have any connection to the Deaf world. Needless to say, I will be holding the book to a high standard.

TC Boyle's books are full of unheard-of, multi-syllabic words so I am wondering how the deaf character talks. That ought to be a hoot.

I just picked up the first book of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. SO far seems to be good.

I am reading The Narnia Chronicles to my kids - about halfway way through the 1st book - The Magicians Nephew.

I finished reading "My Sister's Voice" when I was in FL. It was good.

Synopsis:

Every love leaves an echo...

What do you do when you discover your whole life was a lie? In Mary Carter's unforgettable new novel, one woman is about to find out...

At twenty-eight, Lacey Gears is exactly where she wants to be. An up-and-coming, proudly Deaf artist in Philadelphia, she's in a relationship with a wonderful man and rarely thinks about her difficult childhood in a home for disabled orphans. That is, until Lacey receives a letter that begins, "You have a sister. A twin to be exact..."

Learning that her identical, hearing twin, Monica, experienced the normal childhood she was denied resurrects all of Lacey's grief, and she angrily sets out to find Monica and her biological parents. But the truth about Monica's life, their brief shared past, and the reason for the twins' separation is far from simple. And for every one of Lacey's questions that's answered, others are raised, more baffling and profound.

Complex, moving, and beautifully told, My Sister's Voice is a novel about sisterhood, love of every shape, and the stories we cling to until real life comes crashing in...

"At once a story about love and loss, family and friends, the world of the hearing and that of the deaf, My Sister's Voice satisfies on many levels." —Holly Chamberlin, author of The Family Beach House

"Gripping, entertaining and honest. This is a unique, sincere story about the invisible, unbreakable bonds of sisterhood that sustain us no matter how far they're buried." —Cathy Lamb, author of Henry's Sisters

Publishers Weekly
Carter’s talent continues to evolve, as evidenced in this solid offering about deaf artist Lacey Gears, whose happy life—good boyfriend, rising career, faithful dog—is upended when she receives a mysterious note informing her that she has a twin sister she didn’t know existed. Lacey soon discovers the message is true and that she’s not an orphan as she had thought: her parents put her up for adoption and kept her hearing twin, Monica. As she comes to terms with this, she reconnects with her sister, but the secrets kept by her birth family could have dire consequences. Though the plot is limp in spots, Carter’s command of deaf culture is superb, and Lacey is a charismatic heroine—a nice contrast to her unstable, clingy twin. The unique spin Carter (Accidentally Engaged) takes on the familiar theme of self-discovery gives this a welcome, fresh feeling. (June)

Wirelessly posted

I finished reading "Deadman Wonderland" and now waiting for new next chapter this December.

Now I read a book, IT, that you may already watched the movie about demonic clown man and six kids. :)

Back