What are you doing right now? Part II

They are perfect if you like a real flat, crisp cookie. I've been trying for years to get a cookie like this. You'll notice...no egg, that's not a mistake. I thought that rather strange and maybe a mistake when I first saw the recipe. Do give them a try!

I do like thin crispy stuff. I'll try this this weekend.

Trying not to hurt my poor head in banging my head against the desk...

banging-head-on-the-wall-smiley-emoticon.gif

Had a wonderful day with my daughter. Took her to lunch in exchange for her setting up my phone.HAHA Spoke with my oldest daughter and she is finally getting tired of Irelands cold, wet weather. I doubt she will be returning home but I do like to share our weather page with her. 76º this weekend.

Had a wonderful day with my daughter. Took her to lunch in exchange for her setting up my phone.HAHA Spoke with my oldest daughter and she is finally getting tired of Irelands cold, wet weather. I doubt she will be returning home but I do like to share our weather page with her. 76º this weekend.

What a tease you're . :giggle:

Hoping you feel better soon. My hubby and I had the flu earlier this winter, we were miserable. Finally feeling well again.

Do take care!

Thank you! My husband, son and I are all sick. My daughter has yet to be sick. Lucky kid.

I'm currently curled up on couch reading a steamy romance book. :)

Aww. :) my mother is a quilter. She just loves quilting all the time.

Oh, so glad your mom likes to quilt. Do you have lots of quilts she's made? There is nothing like wrapping up in a cozy quilt and watching tv or reading on these cold winter nights. Also, when your not feeling well, to wrap up in a quilt and lay on the couch or a recliner, soo comforting! That's what the hubby and I did a few weeks ago, spent a few days wrapped in quilts while we were sick. I've lost track of how many I've made over the years, 100's!!

I recognize what era that sewing machine comes from! You or you and the previous user have taken care or it and are sure getting good service from it.

Yes, that's an early 50's Singer Featherweight, a lovely little machine. Sews like a dream. Quite valuable today to quilters as they are light and easy to carry, especially to quilt classes and retreats. My husband bought that for me a few years ago. I use several different machines as I work. I really like the older, well made machines.

Yes, that's an early 50's Singer Featherweight, a lovely little machine. Sews like a dream. Quite valuable today to quilters as they are light and easy to carry, especially to quilt classes and retreats. My husband bought that for me a few years ago. I use several different machines as I work. I really like the older, well made machines.

One of my aunts had one of those and I used it at times. It did have problems with doing heavy weight fabrics especially where more than one layer met. I can't remember who it was that reported that their Featherweight did not have that problem. So it may vary from machine to machine.

There was a time when I switched machines and she wanted the one I was upgrading from (also a '50s Singer but heavier duty) and loaned the Featherweight to the sewing group at church. Then later, after that aunt's death, my mother discovered that another of their sisters did not have anything and arranged to have it sent to her. I do not know if her daughter, my cousin, still has it or not. This is only one of the times we switched different machines within a group of family and friends. At one time I bought a machine from a friend and some years later sold it to another friend that had a cabinet machine and wanted a portable to take to a sewing group.

I am currently involved with a group from several towns that evolved from a Linus group. We needed to change leaders a few years ago and were also getting requests from agencies for sizes other than what Linus does. We are now called Blankets of Love and do whatever size is requested. MOST are done the same way Linus does theirs but the sizes vary.

We meet at my church with me being in charge of unlocking and locking up afterwards and another gal in charge of what we make, with what, for whom. The church has allowed us to use quite a bit of storage off of the Fellowship Hall where we work. We have been given a number of portable machines (no Featherweights though) and may have as many as a half a dozen of different brands and models. Then there are those like myself that take our own over. I currently have Singer's model 6234. What I really like about it is the way you wind a bobbin without taking it out of the machine.

My oldest sister sews too and did it for living for awhile . She will go to a store and look for clothes she like then go home and made it . She saved a lot of money this. She made my daughter and me some nice stuff too.

I am trying to think of some place to walk my dog , we still can't park our cars at any parks yet. I think the parking ban will go on the whole winter in my city. Damn!

One of my aunts had one of those and I used it at times. It did have problems with doing heavy weight fabrics especially where more than one layer met. I can't remember who it was that reported that their Featherweight did not have that problem. So it may vary from machine to machine.

There was a time when I switched machines and she wanted the one I was upgrading from (also a '50s Singer but heavier duty) and loaned the Featherweight to the sewing group at church. Then later, after that aunt's death, my mother discovered that another of their sisters did not have anything and arranged to have it sent to her. I do not know if her daughter, my cousin, still has it or not. This is only one of the times we switched different machines within a group of family and friends. At one time I bought a machine from a friend and some years later sold it to another friend that had a cabinet machine and wanted a portable to take to a sewing group.

I am currently involved with a group from several towns that evolved from a Linus group. We needed to change leaders a few years ago and were also getting requests from agencies for sizes other than what Linus does. We are now called Blankets of Love and do whatever size is requested. MOST are done the same way Linus does theirs but the sizes vary.

We meet at my church with me being in charge of unlocking and locking up afterwards and another gal in charge of what we make, with what, for whom. The church has allowed us to use quite a bit of storage off of the Fellowship Hall where we work. We have been given a number of portable machines (no Featherweights though) and may have as many as a half a dozen of different brands and models. Then there are those like myself that take our own over. I currently have Singer's model 6234. What I really like about it is the way you wind a bobbin without taking it out of the machine.

Hey, Jane, so glad to meet up with a fellow quilter,seamstress here on AD. I enjoyed reading your info. Didn't know you were a quilter. I do lots of work for Project Linus now too.

Oh, so glad your mom likes to quilt. Do you have lots of quilts she's made? There is nothing like wrapping up in a cozy quilt and watching tv or reading on these cold winter nights. Also, when your not feeling well, to wrap up in a quilt and lay on the couch or a recliner, soo comforting! That's what the hubby and I did a few weeks ago, spent a few days wrapped in quilts while we were sick. I've lost track of how many I've made over the years, 100's!!

Yes, I have several quilted blankets, including one that I did when I was around 18 or 19, and never finished. She surprised me last year on Christmas with that blanket, completed. :D

had one to many port lemon to do much so will go bed soon...Husband gone theatre see 'The hollies'i never go with him when it music no hear it and strobe lighting makes me ill

Hey, Jane, so glad to meet up with a fellow quilter,seamstress here on AD. I enjoyed reading your info. Didn't know you were a quilter. I do lots of work for Project Linus now too.

I am not really a quilter as the only time I do anything close to it is with the Blankets group. There what I do most is the stitching around after the top, back, and batting have been pined together and roughly cut around. Since you work with Project Linus you probably know what i am trying to describe.

I tried hand quilting back in the 1990's when we had a group that did sewing & quilting. The only one that I ever worked on for me was with that group in putting together an old top. My mother was widowed at the time one of her sisters broke a hip and she moved in with that sister and one of their brothers to keep house for them after Lulu came home from the hospital. A number of years later my mom turned out to be the last one in what had been the home they grew up in. When I cleared things out after her death I found a couple of tops that were probably pieced in the 1950's (but which of my aunts did them is unknown). I decided to have our group (different one than I currently work with) quilt one of them. I was able to find fabric for the back that was a perfect match to one of the colors in the top that many years apart. Slightly later I did try working with a quilting group at another church but found that it takes too much attention looking down to converse as well when I have to supplement what sound my hearing aid gives me with lip reading.

I did more sewing of garments back when I was in grade and high school because I had my mother has my housekeeper.

What I have done the most of in the last few years is take tucks in full size fitted sheets to use on a 3/4 size mattress. I also made curtains for my kitchen window out out a king size sheet when I didn't find fabric I liked as well. The fitted sheet from the set I took tucks in both lengthwise and sidewise to reduce for my 3/4 bed. The pillow cases were then used as pillow cases.

Using an old desktop computer and an old zip drive, both of which are going to the electronics recycling event tomorrow, to copy files off the zip disks onto an external hard drive. Then reformatting the disks (yes I know that does not necessarily wipe everything off) and putting them in a box to go to recycling too. Later I'll go through the copied files on the external hard drive and determine what I want to keep.

Back