Wells Fargo Discrimination!!

I'm sorry but I don't understand. Why should they notify you by email if the bill is due or late? I've never heard of this. The only time I talked to them via IP RELAY is when I wanted to ask about its rate and coverage.... and then I signed up. that was the first and last communication I had with them.

all other matter like billing.... it's done by mail. no problem.

They have ALWAYS notified me by email. For four years. It was on file to send me an email.

They have sent me mail that went missing (put in neighbor's box). I straightened that situation out with them four years ago. I never got a bill sent by mail, it was always sent by email.

When they stopped doing this, they also cancelled my policy without any notification.

You cannot ID someone based on their voice anyway.

Actually, you can. Search for "voice biometrics."

I participated in a test situation at work along with one of my sisters because we sound alike and work at the same company.

While in theory, I agree with voice identification, I see how this could be a big problem for passing account security for anyone who does not use their own voice to communicate.

Hello all, I have good news for all Wells Fargo deaf customers who weren't treat fairly from Wells Fargo who were not accept relay calls, and denied to other disabilities who cannot access Wells Fargo branches. Wells Fargo company agrees to pay $16 millions compensation to individual deaf customers who experienced over discriminatory Wells Fargo services. Compensation were established on settlement agreement. If you are customer claimant and you can fill the claims. Settlement agreement will end on Jan 29th, 2012. Look in the website to look up. Finextra: Wells Fargo compensates deaf customers over discriminatory phone services

more insurance companies agents emailed now. ask for the agent's email. use the local office email. put your vp number and let them figure out. Most young workers are technological oriented.

wells Fargo, even after the the law suite against them, told me today they are NOT taking video relay calls... isn't this in direct violation of the DoJ rulling?

wells Fargo, even after the the law suite against them, told me today they are NOT taking video relay calls... isn't this in direct violation of the DoJ rulling?

ommgggggggggg id love to see this.. yes it is.

thank goodness Convo has recording feature, you can record your calls - do that everytime you call wellsfargo, please.

wow that omg I am :shock:

serious wow!

I am an interpreter for VRS (can't say which one) and I have noticed the change in Wells Fargo policies. I get so frustrated too! I am also a Wells Fargo customer myself. In my position, I can't do anything about it, but YOU CAN! Please consider taking this up with the Dept of Justice (DOJ) in the Fed Govt and file an ADA discrimination case.

Companies need to be made aware that VRS calls are different than TTY or IP relay calls. Anyone can type and so it is easy for anyone to use relay to place fraudulent calls. They have ruined it for those who legitimately need to use a relay service. But many companies fail to realize that VRS is different because someone would have to actually be fluent in ASL to use it. Wells Fargo (and a few other banks as well) have tried to solve the problem by getting rid of relay by providing a TTY line, where TTY users can call directly to a WF rep who has a TTY. But most deaf people who use VRS have gotten rid of their TTYs and so no longer have access to telephone banking services with those banks having this new policy.

I would suggest that you ask that Wells Fargo do one or more of the following to fix this situation:

1. Allow VRS relay calls, but not any other kind. (No typing based relay calls)
2. Give deaf customers the option of filling out and signing a form which will be kept in their file giving banking reps permission to accept relay calls from that particular customer.
3. Set up their own VRS call center. This is probably too expensive, though. They would have to hire interpreters to staff it.

Whatever they do, they need to do something! YOU have the power to ask Wells Fargo (and other banks) to change their policies. Don't just complain or take your business elsewhere. Make a difference for the Deaf Community! Stand up and say something!

We VRS interpreters are behind you!

Love you!

These people are fukken morons and they need to be clued in. Only we can educate them and whip their asses while we are at it. I have gotten the line that TTY lines must be used, too, and believe me, I gave the so called customer service a nice education on VRS and keeping up with the times...

ommgggggggggg id love to see this.. yes it is.

thank goodness Convo has recording feature, you can record your calls - do that everytime you call wellsfargo, please.

oh I will be... I even told them about the lawsuite... and the settlement... they told me too bad... that the supervisors still say they can't take the calls...

you figure out strong otherwise right to human, Hope be resolve not work or sometimes continue! problem

Many Wells Fargo banks and other banks don't even have TTY installed. How do they receive TTY calls anyway?

Yes, it is.

Inform them that you will be filing a complaint with the DOJ. I'll be more than happy to help you with it, if you want.

I was slightly annoyed to re-register with Wells Fargo for online banking. I previously had an account with Wachovia, but I also have a mortgage with Wells Fargo. Now when I look at my bank statements online at Wells Fargo, I am a bit depressed. I see the money I have (yay!) then the money I owe (aww....) all on the same page!

I was slightly annoyed to re-register with Wells Fargo for online banking. I previously had an account with Wachovia, but I also have a mortgage with Wells Fargo. Now when I look at my bank statements online at Wells Fargo, I am a bit depressed. I see the money I have (yay!) then the money I owe (aww....) all on the same page!

God, that's depressing!

Mmmm.. I am 16 years old guy, I had nothing idea about... I am very sorry for you. I hope you can fighting to hearing people for deaf rights. :D XD

Sir,
I know that this one is very old. (TTY/711) I am looking for video phone under Wells Fargo. I don't want to call the interpreter videophone with Zvers or Sorenson. I rather that interpreter who work for the Wells Fargo Company only. I want the secure line. I could not find the video phone number? Thank you.

Back