Welcome a new member:

Snowball

Reaction score
I came to the US 8 years ago, hoping to find a therapy for my hearing condition that appeared 10 years ago. I did not find neither a therapy, nor friends (people did not find interesting a foreigner with a heavy accent who could not hear at them, and I did not find time to drive one to two hours a day to partake in ASL chats in the surrounding area). I was lucky to find a lot of comfort in books, studying, and so on, till one day I started writing my own stuff and publishing it. Sometimes I feel that the hearing loss gave me the chance to see my life (and the world) from a different perspective, but sometimes I feel that it would be good to socialize with people. As a matter of fact, even if I return to my country I may feel a foreigner again, due to my hearing condition. Anyway, I just discovered this forum today and I am sure that this might be the only place when I will not be seen as a foreigner/awkward/stranger/mute and so on :roll:

I am 32 years old male (let's hope that I am not too old for this Forum :ty:)

Welcome to allDeaf..
Where are you originaly from?
How has your ASL come along?

I came to the US 8 years ago, hoping to find a therapy for my hearing condition that appeared 10 years ago. I did not find neither a therapy, nor friends (people did not find interesting a foreigner with a heavy accent who could not hear at them, and I did not find time to drive one to two hours a day to partake in ASL chats in the surrounding area). I was lucky to find a lot of comfort in books, studying, and so on, till one day I started writing my own stuff and publishing it. Sometimes I feel that the hearing loss gave me the chance to see my life (and the world) from a different perspective, but sometimes I feel that it would be good to socialize with people. As a matter of fact, even if I return to my country I may feel a foreigner again, due to my hearing condition. Anyway, I just discovered this forum today and I am sure that this might be the only place when I will not be seen as a foreigner/awkward/stranger/mute and so on :roll:

No, we have many members of all ages. You will be fine here.

Welcome to allDeaf..
Where are you originaly from?
How has your ASL come along?

Thank you for your reply!

I am from Albania. I have been living 10 years in Greece, one year in Italy and there would have been more countries if I did not appear with hearing loss (moving has become more difficult now :)

I have no ASL skills. I would like to learn, but I am always busy to drive to Rochester and Saratoga NY, where ASL chats are offered for free :)

Hi! I'm in Arizona. I welcome new friends! I just set my Skype up again too! I love people from other countries! [emoji274] [emoji631] welcome!

Welcome to AllDeaf. Members here are all ages and all countries. I hope you will find friends here so that you will feel you have a place to socialize. Let us know what you need and we will try to help.

This is Senior Citizen forum, would you like to play bingo with us? :lol:

:welcome:

I love PF Changs in Albany! There are few members that are in 30s and I am 33. You fit in here. How did you end up in Albany?

oaudlp611db.png

I love PF Changs in Albany! There are few members that are in 30s and I am 33. You fit in here. How did you end up in Albany?

oaudlp611db.png

What is PF Changs? :hmm:

I came here for a graduate program, but I can't say that it was a smart choice :) I lived in NYC before, 2 years. The only good thing here is that I find more free time than in NYC...

What is PF Changs? :hmm:

I came here for a graduate program, but I can't say that it was a smart choice :) I lived in NYC before, 2 years. The only good thing here is that I find more free time than in NYC...

It is a chinese restaurant. I miss living near NYC too.

Back