Vibrating Alarm Clocks & Mattresses?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
I was at a local mattress store looking around and wondered this...

Are there mattresses that drown out the effects of the vibrating alarm clock?

I'm sure it isn't a problem for regular mattresses, but what about mattresses such as Tempur-Pedic (or other memory foam mattresses) and Sleep Number?

Anyone have any experience?

I have no idea, Perhap you might bring over your alarm clock with vib pod and ask salesperson if you can experiment to see if you can feel vibrate or not on top of mattress. If you do then you can buy it but if not then try other brands. It's not embarrassing but you want to be sure that you get right mattress for it..:dunno:

My son put vib pod inside pillow case with wire poked through on end of pillowcase. He said it work effectively. Much better than under the mattress.

Try it

Catty

Hello,

I owned a sleep nature memory foam queen 12inch, and have alarm system as well. I noticed it does drowning small effort of vibrating but it isn't big impact, though. I put the vibrate near to between my.shoulder to head, it's helpful!

P.s I am heavy sleeper and haven't had problem with it, if u wondering.

I just got my sonic bomb alarm clock few weeks ago and i just taped it to the top of the mattress right under the pillow, works very well!

I just got my sonic bomb alarm clock few weeks ago and i just taped it to the top of the mattress right under the pillow, works very well!

You can put under mattress, just top of box spring so it will works.

Long time ago, I lived in the basement at my parent house. I put the grinder motor with a board under the mattress and appliance timer would wake me up when the grinder motor way too powerful I saw my basement lights flickered after the timer kicked in. Right now I own a hospital bed, the vibrator pod tucked into pillow.

Like some of the above posters, I prefer to put the vibrating pad inside the pillowcase rather than under the mattress which cancels out the danger of the mattress absorbing the vibrations

I can't put mine in the pillowcase as I move around too much. I have mine under the mattress on my side basically at chest or waist level. It wakes both of us up and freaks the cat out. We have a pillowtop mattress and an egg crate mattress cover on it as well.

I'm amazed people can sleep with it under the pillow. :shock: It was just too painful for me so I sleep with it under the mattress closer to the front where my head rests. Works like a charm....

Laura

put mine under pillow aswel,it ok,but then i dont sleep what ever i do

I put mine under pillow as well. I have too much riding on me getting up on time that I'm nervous to try the usual under-mattress option.

As for the shock absorption for tempur-pedic, I would imagine it'd absorb some of the vibrations, but not all. It can be easily bypassed if you can sleep with it under the pillow (inside pillowcase). Though I do have trouble with that method because I move around in my sleep and sometimes end up flinging the vibration disc against the wall; always wakes me up when I hear it bang on the wall.

(I also have those flashing lamp things for alarms. I never use it except to play a prank on my buddies by manually flicking the lights off/on from a different room while they're sleeping. They usually just come barging in wondering why the lamp is malfunctioning, not knowing that I have such equipment :naughty: )

Back