TV tuners for PC

Someday VP will use component cables for HD quality. ;)

But PCI tuner card doen't include audio/video component video loop? Sorenson VP200 includes a/v component hook up only. What is model of your TV card?

I use WinTV-GO. Yes, it does have yellow, white and red plug use for the TV card you can plug from VP200. It works fine and still using it since. :D

I use WinTV-GO. Yes, it does have yellow, white and red plug use for the TV card you can plug from VP200. It works fine and still using it since. :D

WinTV-GO is no longer for sale in the United States. It has been replaced by the WinTV-HVR-1250.

I know it is no longer on sale but I still have it for long time and still runs good. If it runs good, there is no need to throw it out.

I had bought Hauppauger USB 950Q TV tuner at MicroCenter store today and tried it for test. Picture is very good in analog cable only but it don't support closed caption, and won't work to connect to PC with digital cable and clear QAM, unfortunately. I will return it back to store tomorrow. I think that i should get another HDTV receiver and Hauppauge HD-PVR for PC.

Hello folks,

TV tuners were great until Cable TV went digital and encrypted (not good due to anti-piracy practices).

I have Pinnacle Systems USB TV tuner for my laptop. It worked great but can't watch all cable channels but only OTA channels due to encryption.

Sword7

I recently bought Hauppauge 950Q last Wednesday. I tested it on my laptop. Technically, it is working. I launched the Windows Media Center and it scanned their channels from the cable company. I did look at how the picture are doing. It is very good. Guess what? The closed captioning had appeared fully on Windows Media Center. Also, I can record any TV shows on WMC(Windows Media Center). After completed to record any TV shows, I did watch TV show and yes, CC did showed up there. I am very happy about this and love it.

Chevy57, Will you trying on Windows Media Center from your computer?

Why not get one for your Macbook? :D There's some HD tuners for them.

I currently use Hauppauge HVR-1250 HDTV Tuner. It works very well with Linux when coupled with MythTV. MythBuntu is good for a start for those who are interested.

TV tuners for PC
I still thinking for the cheapest way to record TV shows with my PC or LCD monitor is to use a TV tuner from my cable TV. Either, an internal PCI card or an external USB box which includes closed captioning. Foxrac or other ADer, do you know about it? Help me?

this above too many add device for pc... i purschase a westinghouse hdtv- lcd 26' all in one- build in for1 cable,2 hmdi,vga for pc ,1 video, 1 compose, two usb for ipod or other device etc.. into my pc that it so easy.. better than monitor lcd have dvi and hmdi no cable..waste money..have add tv tuner pci for pc

Back