Tooth fairy's going rates?

Buffalo

Reaction score
I just watched "Tooth Fairy". I notice that the kids got a dollar for the tooth in that movie. In my time, it was a quarter or maybe two. The question is how much did you get it for your tooth or how much did you decided on your kid's tooth??? Just curious about the 'inflation'.

I just watched "Tooth Fairy". I notice that the kids got a dollar for the tooth in that movie. In my time, it was a quarter or maybe two. The question is how much did you get it for your tooth or how much did you decided on your kid's tooth??? Just curious about the 'inflation'.

woah! i put a heafty ransom demand out taped to the tooth. What a bratty little child, huh

I can't remember how much I got but probably less than a buck...

for my kid, 1st tooth loss, he got DVD then rest of is 1.00 to 2.00.

I got 50 or 1 dollar in late 1970's. Now my kids got the first tooth fairy small toy with 50 cents. After the first toy, the second or third and go on, 1 buck with quarter or 1 buck with 50 cents.

When I was a kid I used to get any amount between 20p and £1. Mostly 20p, 50p or £1

Here in Finland ther's no tooth fairies or something like that.
Sorry. :aw:

I used to get a quarter in the 1960's. My kids got one dollar.

I remember one time when BOTH my parents gave me money by accident, like 2$ each. I thought I was rich!

Currently, the going rate is a couple of dollars. Most parents I know like to use the dollar coins. This may be a local thing.

We do a golden dollar plus a quarter, dime, nickel and penny. What's that add up to? $1.41? So, she gets one of each coin.

My daughter left the 'tooth fairy' a note saying this was her last tooth and could she get a $1.00! Her wish was granted! She got 50 cent for her other teeth. I dollar is not enough in today market , $1.50 better! You can't buy a comic book for a dollar today!

I got a quarter for good teeth (no fillings) and dimes for teeth with fillings.

My daughter is about to lose her first tooth and it will be a gold dollar. not sure if we'll do a lesser amount for fillings.

The small toys/DVD surprised me. If Finland has no tooth fairy, what about the rest of the Europe besides England?

I got a quarter for good teeth (no fillings) and dimes for teeth with fillings.

My daughter is about to lose her first tooth and it will be a gold dollar. not sure if we'll do a lesser amount for fillings.

I never had a filling that young and my daugther had no filling for years,

Back