Thinking of adding a signature

jonnyghost

Reaction score
So I like this forum and enjoy posting here but I have auditory processing disorder and although it is like being hoh it is not. Sometimes I post on subjects where it could be assumed I am deaf or hoh so I usually point out that I am not so I'm not misrepresenting myself.

Do you think if i put something in my signature people would read it?

Some people might. I don't see anyone's signature because I have my settings set to off for avatars and signatures.

So I like this forum and enjoy posting here but I have auditory processing disorder and although it is like being hoh it is not. Sometimes I post on subjects where it could be assumed I am deaf or hoh so I usually point out that I am not so I'm not misrepresenting myself.

Do you think if i put something in my signature people would read it?[/QUOTE

I'd read it, I read everything :lol:. Certainly wouldn't do any harm.

I have sigs and avatars turned off too, but for anyone who doesn't, they'll probably read it. Certainly wouldn't hurt to put something in if you wanted, Jonny.

Intersting. I didn't realize people turned that stuff off. I think you guys are right about it not hurting, so I will add one but remain open to any suggestions.

Some people might. I don't see anyone's signature because I have my settings set to off for avatars and signatures.

:hmm: I'm curious as to why you turn off avatars and sigs. You have them for yourself. I like seeing all of them. There's probably a good reason. I have a pretty Merry Christmas one, I know you can't see it so I described it. :lol:

:hmm: I'm curious as to why you turn off avatars and sigs. You have them for yourself. I like seeing all of them. There's probably a good reason. I have a pretty Merry Christmas one, I know you can't see it so I described it. :lol:
So that I can scroll thru and read the posts more efficiently.

I think they add some personality.

I think they add some personality.

:wave: Yes they do! And I think most of the regulars here know about your APD.

Passers by don't really need to know. I always find the people who come in asking questions who demand hearing status annoying. Like the deafer you are , the more you know.

But then I am old and grumpy, and I find a lot of things annoying. :P

Oh, and my oldest kid has APD, although she is HOH also.

Passers by don't really need to know. I always find the people who come in asking questions who demand hearing status annoying. Like the deafer you are , the more you know.

I for one am totally deaf and I know nothing.:giggle: Plus, I think Botti's avatars and signatures are amazing. It took me a long time to figure out how to change my avatar, so I do appreciate how artistic some people can be.

Well for people who have sigs turned off I chose

"I have auditory processing disorder so I hear you talking but you don't make any sense :lol:"

I feel that it can be interpreted a couple ways :D

I for one am totally deaf and I know nothing.:giggle: Plus, I think Botti's avatars and signatures are amazing. It took me a long time to figure out how to change my avatar, so I do appreciate how artistic some people can be.

Yea, she gets the award!

Can't hurt to add it.

I turned signatures off (for a few reasons lol) but still have avatars on- it helps me id quicker when I can match up name and pics.

Too bad I can't figure out a way to turn off pics that stretch the forum even wider that I have to scroll lol.

Botti I love your avatar and signature! They are cute!

they are good wish knew how she did it..i assuming go to website and downloads them...I look at people sigs do one

For those who can't view signatures-Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah!!

Back