There Will Be Blood

August

Reaction score
i can't believe there's not a thread for it.

the 2nd best film of last year, not to mention a major character being deaf.

I was not aware that there was a deaf character but even so, I don't think I would be interested in seeing this historical movie, with the oil barons at each others' throats. I've read that it's an overly long and drawn out film, with too much drama and not enough action. I go for adventure/action movies with not much talking involved. But that's my opinion, everyone has their own favorite movie genres. :)

I watched it two days ago, because I was bored. I think the movie is overrated. It is not to say that it is a bad movie. I just didn't see anything special about this movie, at least not until towards the end.

Yes Ozzie, there is a lot of drama, but with some interesting twists. :) I also prefer action movies, so I guess this might be why I can't understand why people speak so highly of this movie.

This is a great film to watch. It is nearly 3 hours long, so be warned those who plan to watch it. It is worth it, it won Oscars for Best Actor and Best Cinematography.

I'm not a big fan of westerns. That's why I'm not sure if I want to see the movie. :dunno:

I don't see what would make this film appear as a western to anyone. Sure, the time and setting is western, but not with cowboys and guns blazing if that's what you have in mind. It is a epic story of Daniel Plainview and his lust for oil, and relationships he has with the people around him.. It is nearly 3 hours at 2 hours 38 minutes, so set aside some time to watch this film.

I got the movie but havent seen it yet. I will plan on watching it tomorrow. I will let you know what I think of the movie. :)

The movie is western yeah.. but not like gun killing etc.. nothing like that.. but one of the character became deaf after the accident. later the guy married the girl that he grew up with next door.. funny thing is that the girl is hearing but the lady in the movie is deaf.. its Shoshern i cant spell her name.. me bad.. LOL..

its not a good movie for kids to watch due to few violent stuffs.. it was a good movie..

"I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!"

god i loved that line.

and yes the movie pwns. Not as good as "no country for old men" though.

Back