The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Why is Monday called "Blue Monday" in America?

A Because a new work week has begun.

B Because people feel tired and sad.

C Because the weather sometimes is not good.

D Because blue is a sign for peace and calmness.

Answer?

I still wait to listen someone s answer. Guess what?

I still wait to listen someone s answer. Guess what?

Hope there is a good prize?

It is for a day in January with bad weather and lots of depression.

Or it is from the Southwest USA where people drank so much on the weekend they were hung over and sad on the Monday.

There does not seem one exact explanation for the origin. :dunno:

Hope there is a good prize?

it is from the Southwest USA where people drank so much on the weekend they were hung over and sad on the Monday.

There does not seem one exact explanation for the origin. :dunno:

:laugh2: good answer! I now explain why.

For the average American worker, Monday and Friday are work days with a special meaning. The former is often referred to as Blue Monday because another work week has begun after two days of time off for oneself. The Monday morning blues often mean that the worker must face another five days of getting up early, putting up with rush hour crowds, taking orders from demanding employers, meeting important deadlines on schedule and fulfilling job responsibilities. It is no wonder that the trek to work may not be a cause for great joy. The average worker may feel a bit depressed over the prospects of beginning another week and stressed out before it has begun.

If one enjoys his work, then Blue Monday may not be so traumatic. Yet, if one is not happy on his job, Blue Monday can be a cause for great pain and anxiety with the hope that Friday may not be very far away. Hopefully the week's routine may offer few surprises and if all goes well, there may be no major problems or conflicts to upset the work equilibrium.

It is for this reason that a Friday morning is greeted with warm anticipation and an upbeat attitude. T.G.I.F. stands for the words "Thank God It's Friday." At the office or workplace colleagues will greet each other with these four letters and everyone knows what they mean. This expression will elicit a great smile of satisfaction from most office workers. They soon think of how they might spend the weekend, since most offices and schools are not opened on Saturdays and Sundays.
Closing time on Friday, therefore, brings in the pleasure of a two-day weekend. For Americans, this is a time to go off somewhere with friends or by oneself to recharge one's batteries and renew one's energy.

When Friday does come around, the excitement which it engenders becomes contagious as co-workers and colleagues get together and brace themselves for their weekend plans. Perhaps they will take off into the country for an overnight stay at a mountain resort, or go skiing at a nearby lodge or better yet, stay at home and do absolutely nothing at all.
When Sunday night approaches, they are sufficiently refreshed or totally exhausted. Most, however, are sufficiently invigorated to get up on Monday morning and trudge off to work renewing the week's cycle. If the mood on Monday is a bit more subdued, it is because everyone knows another Blue Monday has begun.

In recent years some places of employment have begun to initiate a four-day work week and the computer age has even made it possible for many jobs to function from the home without the need to commute. Even some holidays which used to fall in the middle of the week are now moved to Monday guaranteeing a longer weekend. Perhaps the traditional attitudes towards Mondays and Fridays may soon be a thing of the past.

I am usually with you guys on the "Monday sucks" type dealio, but tomorrow is a holiday for us Canucks! Up here we have Victoria day tomorrow. :)

This is the last Monday before the offical summer season begins!

Wow time flies!

Ahh, Have you guys ever been so stressed and hectic lately at one point in your life?

For the past 2 weeks - It's been so overwhelming.

I've been staying in Indiana for the past 10-11 days being by my grandmother's beside at the hospital the whole time. It's been exhausting with these long days/nights. Her health was deteriorating slowly and as each day goes by, she became worse and worse. She was at the point where she could not even respond and to move at all. Her mentality was off as well. She even thought that I was her mother at one point.

I had planned on staying there in Indiana until she dies but, this past Friday, I got word that my oldest son was sick with pneumonia. So, I had to drive all the way back home to take care of my son. Before I made my drive on the way back home, I went to the hospital to say good bye to my grandma knowing that it would be the very last time I'd see her being alive. It was so hard and of course I bawled my eyes out while driving on the way back home.

This morning, I got word from my sister that our grandmother finally has passed away. And here, I am at home only to pack it up again to make another trip to go back to Indiana sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening.

It's just been one crazy emotional roller coaster ride!

But, soon, I know that it will settle down in a while.
i pray for u and ur family!!! :hug:

Just finished working out for 90 minutes...iam going to start pushing myself harder from now on cuz my workouts are becoming too easy. Hope to get that rock hard body next year! :)

Did everyone have a good blue Monday?

My day wasn't too bad.

I had a bad day at work, urgh! So, glad the day is done. I will briefly surface on it , the teacher accused my deaf student (adult) of talking(to me) and not doing the work.

The student needs their hands to communicate with me (interpreter). It was class related stuff:roll:

I miss my hubby! He is out of town to get tires for his baby Jeep! BIGGER size! GRIN! :lol: He likes bad ass Jeep with big tires, and all that stuff!

So I'll see him in few more hours, but I may be sleeping when he's home!

We have a bird in our roof in the offices. :shock:

always knew there were few little birds flying around my home area mall about few years now

In some way I do want bigger. I can't go as big as I'd like it to be due to fact that my baby needs to be lifted first. I just want to get rid of stupid aliuminum alloy wheels, they are pain in rear, always leaks air! I gave up after trying to fix it. Nothing wrong with tires itself. Oh well.

Now that I have steel wheels, just like old days, not going to worry about air leaks, period.

I miss my hubby! He is out of town to get tires for his baby Jeep! BIGGER size! GRIN! :lol: He likes bad ass Jeep with big tires, and all that stuff!

So I'll see him in few more hours, but I may be sleeping when he's home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back