Subaru BRZ

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

It doesn't appeal me. Hyundai Genesis coupe is the way to go!

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

It doesn't appeal me. Hyundai Genesis coupe is the way to go!

I4 2.0L with turbocharger and only 0-60mph in 6.8 seconds? BRZ H4 2.0L made 6 seconds without turbocharger. Genesis is poor performance.

RG400 0-60mph 3 seconds flat...its motorcycles and way way cheaper than those cars..too bad its banned from the roads now (2 strokes).....
dont need a ferrari or porsche for that but its alot more dangerous lol (lots of wheelies)

I like Subaru Impreza WRX STi as AWD sportcar use for any weather as dirt racing, street racing and snow condition street.

2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI tS Sedan 0-60 mph 4.8 Quarter Mile 13.2

I4 2.0L with turbocharger and only 0-60mph in 6.8 seconds? BRZ H4 2.0L made 6 seconds without turbocharger. Genesis is poor performance.

0-60 times doesn't matter for these cars. These are for drifting not acceleration from 0-60 times. You should look in 40-70 mph times in general. The Scion/Subaru rwd coupe is ugly in my opinion. You constantly have to keep it above 6000 rpm to get peak torque on the Subaru BRZ. They are designed for drifting around the corners, not for drag racing. That's why 0-60 times don't really matter for these cars. You have to keep up with speed during cornering almost without slowing down.

Speaking of BRZ - does it look similar to Toyota FT-86?

Based on vehicle weight, numbered gears (6 gears) in tranny and 16" wheels. RWD are faster than AWD. My old school......

Subaru BRZ is 2,690 lbs and Hyundai Genesis 2.0T with MT is 3,294 lbs. Big difference, that's why it's only .8-.9 secs faster. Good luck crashing it, you probably won't survive. The gearing ratio also makes the difference, too. The 2.0 turbo in the Hyundai is twin scroll type and gets the peak torque at only 2,000 rpm. The BRZ gets peak torque at 6,300 rpm. Not fun trying to get there to get the instant torque on hill climbs.

My car is 2,400 lbs and it's only 127 hp. It can get to 60 in about 8-8.5 secs, while the Civic Si has 160 hp and get to 60 in 7.1 secs and that's close to the 3,300 lb Hyundai Genesis. The cars today are heavier than in the past due to more safety features, oh well.

Based on vehicle weight, numbered gears (6 gears) in tranny and 16" wheels. RWD are faster than AWD. My old school......

RWD are faster than AWD? That's silly. Care to make a list that RWD are fast than AWD?

Impreza Sti made 4 seconds so easy and Impreza STI is very heavy than BRZ. Impreza have AWD.

Subaru BRZ is 2,690 lbs and Hyundai Genesis 2.0T with MT is 3,294 lbs. Big difference, that's why it's only .8-.9 secs faster. Good luck crashing it, you probably won't survive. The gearing ratio also makes the difference, too. The 2.0 turbo in the Hyundai is twin scroll type and gets the peak torque at only 2,000 rpm. The BRZ gets peak torque at 6,300 rpm. Not fun trying to get there to get the instant torque on hill climbs.

My car is 2,400 lbs and it's only 127 hp. It can get to 60 in about 8-8.5 secs, while the Civic Si has 160 hp and get to 60 in 7.1 secs and that's close to the 3,300 lb Hyundai Genesis. The cars today are heavier than in the past due to more safety features, oh well.

Hyundai Genesis still suck again, I don't care about weight, It's design issue.

The BRZ gets peak torque at 6,300 rpm. Not fun trying to get there to get the instant torque on hill climbs.
You don't even try it before and quit make it up.

:laugh2: You think lightweight vehicles are very risk for Death? That's myth! Nothing do with weight. It's about design of body frame.

You remembered about Chevy Malibu vs Bel Air and Bel Air was worse crash than Malibu but Bel Air was heavy than Malibu? Can you explain about it?

Hell, your Civic SI is lighter than Subaru BRZ and Civi SI's rate is very good from IIHS. Can you explain about it?

Again, Subaru is always top safely for IIHS for many years.

2,690 lbs is wet weight I think. (Wet weight is gasoline, coolant, or all fluids). Good luck crashing? No, they pass NHTSA exam..... Twin scroll type is applied to supercharger. Turbocharger uses impeller and turbine.
My Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV weighted about 2,500 lbs with a 119 hp and lousy torque output but she is a good mountain climber, thanks to 4 barrel throttle bodies with 4 butterfly plates. Slow in 0 to 60 mph run like 9.3 seconds. If my time permit then I would restore my sick 71 AR GTV to bring back on the road (has been sitting since 1983). Oh my heartbroken.

RWD are faster than AWD? That's silly. Care to make a list that RWD are fast than AWD?

Impreza Sti made 4 seconds so easy and Impreza STI is very heavy than BRZ. Impreza have AWD.

No silly lol....Yes, they have turbo and AWD, can outpace BRZ. If they (Japanese maker) considers to drop flat 6 engines in BRZ and market in US. Are you exciting to see a pancake 6 engine? But to CARB... dang...

:laugh2: You think lightweight vehicles are very risk for Death? That's myth! Nothing do with weight. It's about design of body frame.

You remembered about Chevy Malibu vs Bel Air and Bel Air was worse crash than Malibu but Bel Air was heavy than Malibu? Can you explain about it?

Hell, your Civic SI is lighter than Subaru BRZ and Civi SI's rate is very good from IIHS. Can you explain about it?

I recall the 1959 Chevy vs 2009 Chevy in old thread by Jiro, real gross sick to me... You see why the engineers at the automobile makers in 1950's or 1960's has no safety technology in their brains cuz of no NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) founded in 1960's. You know they were equipped with no safety seat belts till about 1965. Why? My 63 Nova was came with no belts when its new car. Still have safety seat belts when I bought it.
I rode in my uncle's old Chevy sedan ( I think 1952 sedan) when I was a kid, my uncle showed off me his risk driving habit (I recalled him as like Elvis cuz of his hair style), changed gears thru the shifter on the steering column, spinning the rear wheel. What I remmber is I see no safety seats and standing on the front seat during driving. He grabbed my hand and pull my hand on the steering wheel, he said hold. I hold the steering wheel as he lited up his cigarette. Fun and good kid experience.

Don't care for Subaru because of the expensive maintenance costs. My friend's 2008 Subaru Outback, it cost him $1,600 for just a few things and it's not even more than 60k miles on it.

Back