Subaru BRZ

2,690 lbs is wet weight I think. (Wet weight is gasoline, coolant, or all fluids). Good luck crashing? No, they pass NHTSA exam..... Twin scroll type is applied to supercharger. Turbocharger uses impeller and turbine.
My Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV weighted about 2,500 lbs with a 119 hp and lousy torque output but she is a good mountain climber, thanks to 4 barrel throttle bodies with 4 butterfly plates. Slow in 0 to 60 mph run like 9.3 seconds. If my time permit then I would restore my sick 71 AR GTV to bring back on the road (has been sitting since 1983). Oh my heartbroken.

The specs say twin scroll turbo, not supercharger.

Don't care for Subaru because of the expensive maintenance costs. My friend's 2008 Subaru Outback, it cost him $1,600 for just a few things and it's not even more than 60k miles on it.

$1600 for what?
Subaru is pretty cheap than Mazda and VW for maintenance even I own them. I never spend more than $100 for maintenance till 100k miles. I own Subaru for over 10 years. Your friend must bs talking.

$1600 for what?
Subaru is pretty cheap than Mazda and VW for maintenance even I own them. Your friend must bs talking.

He's not bs. I know him for more than 20 years. My parents told me the same thing, too. They ARE expensive to maintain, period. End of discussion.

He's not bs. I know him for more than 20 years. My parents told me the same thing, too. They ARE expensive to maintain, period. End of discussion.

Now you just add about your parent. You still dont answer my question about type of maintenance and you avoid my question which you are bs talking. :roll:

Subaru maintenance schedules and new car break-in period- 2000 through 2009, links for 2010, 2011...

No way to spend more than $1600 for mainteance till 100k miles or more.

$1600 for under 60k miles due mainteance Really? Yeah right. :roll:

The specs say twin scroll turbo, not supercharger.

Gottha, I googled it. you're rite. I didn't know the turbocharger have dual scroll type. New to me. I know the supercharger uses two scrolled rotors. I should read it first before post it, I misread it. My bad.

Gottha, I googled it. you're rite. I didn't know the turbocharger have dual scroll type. New to me. I know the supercharger uses two scrolled rotors. I should read it first before post it, I misread it. My bad.

That's alright, not a big deal. It is sort of a new thing with turbos.

Back