Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start American Sign Language (ASL) is where i learn a lot of my signing. they have free courses and don't hide information because of it. if you want they have slightly more advanced courses for $10/mo and theres no ads and you can slow down videos so you can catch he signs better. :laugh2:

Interesting. I have not seen that website. That's good you can slow down the videos you watch and there are no ads. I loathe it when ads popup. There are other good websites to use as ASL resources.
  1. • ASL • American Sign Language
  2. ASLPro.com Home

Of course, it is always better to learn from an individual that you can actually interact with. :lol:

Interesting. I have not seen that website. That's good you can slow down the videos you watch and there are no ads. I loathe it when ads popup. There are other good websites to use as ASL resources.
  1. • ASL • American Sign Language
  2. ASLPro.com Home

Of course, it is always better to learn from an individual that you can actually interact with. :lol:

thanks for the additional sites :hmm: I'll have to look into them.

I would love to practice with someone. I have skype as well

are you looking for a more advanced signer or someone that you can learn along with? i know some basic signs if you would be willing to practice with me :D

you can add me on skype or send me a message my username is kierstynh34

Hello everyone. I'm actually in the process (by process I mean just starting) of learning ASL. If anyone is willing to help me or anything please feel free to add me on Skype my username is mabk0211. :D

I am taking ASL 1 in college in the fall but I already know some basic signs and want to make friends and work more on having conversation with others.
My Skype is cashew772
Feel free to add me!

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I need help!

Hey there!
My name is Sara, and I'm from New Jersey. I go to RIT, which is also the National Technical Institute for the Deaf. I attempted to take an ASL course this semester, but it put me one credit over the maximum allowed to take :(
So basically, I want to learn ASL. But there's more to it than that. I have found that I love watching ASL interpretations of songs, so I want to do that! I have tried learning from other songs posted online and have learned quite a bit. However, I have found by looking at the comments that many of these interpretations are not good ASL. So I would like to change that. I want to make high quality ASL videos to songs. I need help though! I am looking for someone that is fluent in ASL to help me interpret the songs and make videos with. I need someone that will teach me, so that my grammar and signing are as accurate as possible. So if you're interested, feel free to message me!

Hey everyone! I have been teaching myself sign for awhile using online courses and books but I would love to be able to practice with a real person lol. My Skype is Rebecca.stalnaker1 if anyone is interested :)

I would love to learn more! However I do not have anyone to practice with...

I've learned at least a thousand signs, but without practice they've all faded away. I'm sure if I tried I could recover them fairly easily. But my biggest problem is when I come face to face with a deaf person... I freeze. Not any fault to their own. But I just get so nervous any signing is stuttered. I guess I'm just afraid of messing up or something. And I want to overcome that. (Same thing happens when I can speak Spanish to an adult Spanish speaker btw).

I would love to learn more! However I do not have anyone to practice with...

I've learned at least a thousand signs, but without practice they've all faded away. I'm sure if I tried I could recover them fairly easily. But my biggest problem is when I come face to face with a deaf person... I freeze. Not any fault to their own. But I just get so nervous any signing is stuttered. I guess I'm just afraid of messing up or something. And I want to overcome that. (Same thing happens when I can speak Spanish to an adult Spanish speaker btw).

If you want I can help you out on signing ? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

I'm in school to be in the medical field and I would love to learn to sign. I believe it would be very beneficial. I try to teach myself words here and there but I would love for someone to help me. I am a beginner so I know very little. Lol but I have skype and I text and stuff too.

Hi. I am just beginning to learn ASL. I basically know the alphabet and a few house hold and family signs. I use different free website to learn, but I think some practice with others would be a help. I can Skype, and any level of ASL skills is fine. We can learn together :D
Email me at kateramm@ymail.com and we can choose what to video chat on. Looking forward to making a new friend(s) and learning to become fluent in ASL.

Also I am trying to start learning Spanish, so if you're a beginning to learn Spanish we can learn that together too!

Wirelessly posted

Hello,
I live near Rutgers, New Brunswick and am looking for people/groups that can practice with me and my children ASL. I would like to be more fluent, and my 2 year old is doing well with the toddler signing, I would like to try to be more fluent.

Anyone interested in practicing signing with a mom and 2 babies? :)

Thanks in advance,
(We are beginners)

Looking to Skype

Hi! I am currently learning ASL because my nephew, who is now 2 months old, is HOH and they believe he will go deaf before he starts talking, or a short while after. I would love to be able to practice my ASL and learn about deaf culture!

Hi :) I'm a relative beginner and I'd love to become conversational. If anyone would be willing to set up a skype time, that would be awesome!

I have both Skype and ooVoo.

I would be more than happy to set up a weekly ASL chat for those who want to practise with an ASL fluent signer.

I would love to take part in video practice. I am self taught except for my first 3 years which I almost forgot all of that because I did not use it. I have to warn you, though, I am bad about English word order. I try not to use non-asl signs but my grammar is needing some help.

Help me.

I have both Skype and ooVoo.

I would be more than happy to set up a weekly ASL chat for those who want to practise with an ASL fluent signer.

I would love to take part in video practice. I am self taught except for my first 3 years which I almost forgot all of that because I did not use it. I have to warn you, though, I am bad about English word order. I try not to use non-asl signs but my grammar is needing some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back