Students Looking for ASL buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday will be the very first webcam event, so if you join, it'll be new to all of us! :)

hey everyone,

i think i will try to make the hangout tomorrow, but i'm usually asleep 30 minutes after the chat starts, haha. is anyone in the mood for signing via skype now? i start asl 3 next week.

I'm sure if you come early there will be someone in the group there to chat with you. :)

Wirelessly posted

I'll have to check this out too! I'm in my 2nd term of ASL, but getting frustrated most with grammar use :P

Grammar is a very difficult part about ASL. You pretty much have to wipe everything out that you know about English Grammar. Definitely come check out our page. It's a great group of people that are willing to help each other. :)

Wirelessly posted

Awesome, thank u very much Silent! And totally agree about wiping out what I know about English Grammar. The only 'good' practice I get in is w/study group of classmates once a week. It's rough working on it solo when not in class :)

Skype I have want Skype cool..help me too signing. Drop hearing 3yrs back.

Wirelessly posted

josh add me on Skype and we can try. I have to do the dishes but I'll sign on shortly.
hokuahi12

Wirelessly posted

HokuAhi said:
Wirelessly posted

Joshg0807 said:
anyone willing to skype and try and only converse using ASL?

I'm on now if you can get on

something came up. we'll have to try another time. Sorry dude, but I like your idea. we'll try again, I promise. just add me and I'll find you...
hokuahi12

Hey, I am new to this site and just learning how to use all the threads. I took ASL. A few years back but would love to get back into it. I saw that y'all sometimes video chat? That sounds like fun! How do I do that?

Looking to Skype

Hello,

I'm brand new to this site and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to have a signing conversation via skype? I am beginning to get a lot of signs down pat, but I am awful at grammar. Also, reading fingerspelling is really difficult.

Thanks!

Drew

If you look a few posts up theres info on joining a student google+ page where we sign via webcam. It's the same as skype but using google+ instead.

How is Google+ different from Skype? Just curious. I have tried Skype and it was so frustrating.

Google+ is more like a facebook page. The link I provided is to a "community" which is similar to a Facebook Group. The reason we are using Google+ is because its easier to have more than one person join in on the webcam sessions, and we can also have requests for webcam chats sent out to multiple people if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back