'Social Security Changes' Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelEler

Reaction score
Hey, I'm not sure if this is true. I got this petition through email from a deaf friend of mine, and I don't really understand this petition very well. I searched for this in snopes.com and couldn't find anything related to this. Anyone know and understand about this? I appreciate if anyone would share more information about this with me.

SOCIAL SECURITY CHANGES

It does not matter if you personally like or dislike Bush. You need to sign this petition and flood his e-mail box with e-mails that tell him that, even if the House passes this bill, he needs to veto it. It is already impossible to live on Social Security alone. If the government gives benefits to 'illegal' aliens who have never contributed, where does that leave those of us who have paid into Social Security all our working lives?

As stated below, the Senate voted this week to allow 'illegal' aliens access to Social Security benefits. Attached is an opportunity to sign a petition that requires citizenship for eligibility to that social service.

Instructions are below. If you don't forward the petition and just stop it, we will lose all these names.

If you do not want to sign it, please just forward it to
everyone you know.

Thank you!

To add your name, click on 'forward'. Address it to all of your email correspondents, add your name to the list and send it on.

When the petition hits 1,000, send it to comment@whitehouse.gov

PETITION for President Bush:

Dear Mr. President:
We, the undersigned, protest the bill that the Senate voted on recently which would allow illegal aliens to access our Social Security. We demand that you and all Congressional representatives require citizenship as a pre-requisite for social services in the United States

We further demand that no amnesty be given to illegals: NO free services, no institutional or government funding; no payments of any kind to and for illegal immigrants.
It has 954 names already in the petition (I removed them to reduce the scrolling). Thank you for your attention and possible feedback.

It does not matter if you personally like or dislike Bush. You need to sign this petition and flood his e-mail box with e-mails that tell him that, even if the House passes this bill, he needs to veto it.

How about working on the House of Reps and the Senate rather than demanding the President of these United States to veto it? Flooding his e-mail box? Letters work far better than an e-mail and a tele/videophone call.

If you do a Google search for "Social Security changes petition" you'll find a variety of websites which contain information about this particular issue.

Online petition wouldn't help.

I wouldn't trust online petitions because one time there was a PETA petition, and I asked PETA directly if there was such a thing going on that was from their organization. They said they had no such thing going on. I asked them because I could identify where I could ask for credibility on the petition.

See, they say that when they reach their number of petition to forward it to that e-mail posted. It's probably someone who wants your e-mail and send you junk mail. Maybe they get paid for selling e-mail addresses.

Hey, I'm not sure if this is true. I got this petition through email from a deaf friend of mine, and I don't really understand this petition very well. I searched for this in snopes.com and couldn't find anything related to this. Anyone know and understand about this? I appreciate if anyone would share more information about this with me.

It has 954 names already in the petition (I removed them to reduce the scrolling). Thank you for your attention and possible feedback.

It's just junk email that has no basis in reality. I usually send stuff like this to my trash folder.

Well the thing has merit, i woudlnt want to share my social security for people who dont deserve it either.

Well the thing has merit, i woudlnt want to share my social security for people who dont deserve it either.

Oh yes, because people who work hard to put food on their tables don't deserve social security any more than Deaf people who are physically able to work and still collect SSI/SSDI.

Not if theyre not citizens. Fuck that shit. Become a citizen and im all for it. Simply put.

The social security taxes we pay now goes for people that are on it now.

Not if theyre not citizens. Fuck that shit. Become a citizen and im all for it. Simply put.

Be a little more respectful, will ya?

After all, immigrants (illegal and legal) do work that you probably wouldn't be interested in doing. How'd you like to work 3rd shift cleaning toilets? If you answered "no" to this, then stfu because someone else is doing it.

Be a little more respectful, will ya?

After all, immigrants (illegal and legal) do work that you probably wouldn't be interested in doing. How'd you like to work 3rd shift cleaning toilets? If you answered "no" to this, then stfu because someone else is doing it.

What about the ones that don't work? They deserve our hard earned tax money that is meant for our citizens that worked all their lives?

Majority of illegals use a false social security number and ship their income to their families back in their countries or get paid cash and do so. Should we pay him and his family?

What about the ones that don't work? They deserve our hard earned tax money that is meant for our citizens that worked all their lives?

Majority of illegals use a false social security number and ship their income to their families back in their countries or get paid cash and do so. Should we pay him and his family?

Blah blah blah.

Did you even bother to read what I said? If no Americans are willing to step forward and pick cotton and fruit or clean toilets or do other physical labor, who's going to do it? You get rid of all the illegals and you hurt the industry because then you have no one to do undesirable tasks.

I suggest you consider the idea that there are Deaf people who don't work and collect SSI before you start attacking immigrants. The argument is old and it ignores the real problem (employers that take advantage of immigrants).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back