Rio 2016

Unable to watch Fuzzy's clips. Keeps saying: "This Content Not Available in Your Country" Oh, well. Bummer. :(

Unable to watch Fuzzy's clips. Keeps saying: "This Content Not Available in Your Country" Oh, well. Bummer. :(

Being in Southern Illinois while Cappy is shown as Central Illinois I decided to try this to compare. I did make sure Adobe Flash was set to allow. Then it tried to load an ad then came up with this on a black background where the video would have played. 'Video is not working or is not available in your region". So, Canada what do you have against the United States?

Being in Southern Illinois while Cappy is shown as Central Illinois I decided to try this to compare.
Thanks for checking. And, YEAH! What does Canada have against the USA?

Thanks for checking. And, YEAH! What does Canada have against the USA?

I filled out a contact forum on the site and already got an automated reply. Now we will see if anything changes because of it.

I filled out a contact forum on the site and already got an automated reply. Now we will see if anything changes because of it.

This is what I got as a reply. It seems we can blame the International Olympic Committee.

"CBC Audience Services (CBC)

Aug 9, 12:46 COT

We're not against anyone. We don't know who posted the link to your forum, but anyone outside of Canada would not be able to access it because of International Olympic Committee regulations. Each official broadcaster must block users from outside its home country from accessing digital Olympic content. In the same way, people in Canada cannot stream NBC Olympics videos, or BBC Olympic videos.

We hope this is helpful.

Naill Cameron
CBC Audience Services

Interesting. Learned something new.

I did also. But I am not surprised because of the way only one network has rights to the TV broadcast of the events in real time. You will notice what the others have on has the notation of used by permission of the one that won the broadcast rights.

You will notice what the others have on has the notation of used by permission of the one that won the broadcast rights.
Yes, you make perfect sense. Broadcast rights, each entity takes bids for certain events and owns it, or something along those lines. And can only be viewed in certain areas pertaining to the winning bidder.

Yes, you make perfect sense. Broadcast rights, each entity takes bids for certain events and owns it, or something along those lines. And can only be viewed in certain areas pertaining to the winning bidder.

but in this day and age how successful is this?
i mean anything you want to see it obtainable online almost instantaneous now
particularly with events such as olympics

but in this day and age how successful is this?
i mean anything you want to see it obtainable online almost instantaneous now
particularly with events such as olympics
Yeah, we would like think it would be easier because this is the Olympics! But, no...bec money talks. Everyone is out to make money via viewership and advertisements. You may or may not have a choice to "buy in" and if one chooses not to, then you are "blacked out". It may be successful for the media corporations, but not for us viewers.

Yeah, we would like think it would be easier because this is the Olympics! But, no...bec money talks. Everyone is out to make money via viewership and advertisements. You may or may not have a choice to "buy in" and if one chooses not to, then you are "blacked out". It may be successful for the media corporations, but not for us viewers.

yep

i was actually surprised to see this for the olympics..i knwo hollywood and all that do the blackout by nation thing when they can

but
the olympics?
lol

funny

Back