resize photos

DeafSCUBA98

Reaction score
care for anyone to help me resize my pictures? i don't have the program yet.. since i removed it :-/

canuckdiver said:
I can probably assist with that.

How many pics, and how big do you want them?

pssssssssssst...just emailed you asking for that help also :) :thumb:

Meg said:
pssssssssssst...just emailed you asking for that help also :) :thumb:
LOL poor guy giving too much work on him :fruit:

lemme know if u got in ur email :D

DeafSCUBA98 said:
care for anyone to help me resize my pictures? i don't have the program yet.. since i removed it :-/
You can get one good program to do it. It is free. It is at: http://www.irfanview.com/

However I am going to help you out but canuckdiver did it before I can even respond.

Good luck, canuckdiver.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
LOL poor guy giving too much work on him :fruit:

lemme know if u got in ur email :D

no problem I don't mind doing it at all!!

I'll let you know when I get home if the email came thru ok, I'm at work right now.

You can actually use the inherent windows utility to resize jpegs, in paint, just play with stretch/skew until the pic is the size you want.

I actually use photoshop to do most of my serious editing though ;)

lol they talkin about "size" :lol: that my aim screen name; size :roll:

canuckdiver said:
no problem I don't mind doing it at all!!

I'll let you know when I get home if the email came thru ok, I'm at work right now.

You can actually use the inherent windows utility to resize jpegs, in paint, just play with stretch/skew until the pic is the size you want.

I actually use photoshop to do most of my serious editing though ;)
I would recommend against using the Window's utility due to lack of Lanczos filter which will aid resizing the picture with bestest quality as possible.

Irfanview offers that filter so therefore I tend to recommend anyone to use it to resize the pictures since it is free and simple for any non-savvy computer users.

I am not here to bash your suggestion, just that I want to share my opinion about Window utility. I sure as hell hope that you didn't take this post any wrong :)

Magatsu said:
I would recommend against using the Window's utility due to lack of Lanczos filter which will aid resizing the picture with bestest quality as possible.

Irfanview offers that filter so therefore I tend to recommend anyone to use it to resize the pictures since it is free and simple for any non-savvy computer users.

I am not here to bash your suggestion, just that I want to share my opinion about Window utility. I sure as hell hope that you didn't take this post any wrong :)

not at all bud!!

I only offer the suggestion of using windows for people who may be using a shared computer, or a work computer, or do not have access to any other software for whatever reason.

If you are downsizing, or shrinking photo's to use in a post, or as an avatar, then the filter is not a big issue as pixel density is actually going to increase, which (I find, at least) does not degrade the picture much if at all.

If you are INCREASING the size of a pic though, then yes, the filter is essential if you don't want the pics to become exremely grainey.

Oh, and thanks Mag, I had not seen that freeware program before!

canuckdiver said:
not at all bud!!

I only offer the suggestion of using windows for people who may be using a shared computer, or a work computer, or do not have access to any other software for whatever reason.

If you are downsizing, or shrinking photo's to use in a post, or as an avatar, then the filter is not a big issue as pixel density is actually going to increase, which (I find, at least) does not degrade the picture much if at all.

If you are INCREASING the size of a pic though, then yes, the filter is essential if you don't want the pics to become exremely grainey.

Oh, and thanks Mag, I had not seen that freeware program before!
Ahh, you have a point there. However I actually think that when downsizing does blur the pixels any more than it should due to poor mathematic algorithm in program like Window's utility? or am I wrong? That classes I took few years ago and I didn't use this knowledge for a while now so please correct my mistake(s) if there is any.

No problem about that freeware program :thumb:

Last edited:
your'e absolutely right. If you massively downsize a pic in windows, you are going to lose definition, and it will introduce some "blurring". Your knowledge isn't rusty, you are right on the money there.

However, what I have found is that for the average user, just trying to add something to their sig line, or what not, the blurring is not noticeable, and the "user friendlyness" of ms paint makes it easy and quick. Basically boils down to quality vs ease.

Back