Pro & Cons

Status
Not open for further replies.
The group who works with the Lead-K, who are supporting the ASL for age 0 to 5 to make a law which California did pass. However other states don't.. It is pretty complicated for me to explain, because lots of hearing parents of deaf children that aren't into this kind of law. like I said, both of them are battling over Lead-K that are ugly.

Thank you! I am not from that area, don't have kids and thus had never heard of it. Hope this helps others in a similar situation understand as well.

Please quit taking it for granted that everyone wants and is on facebook!

It is not a matter of if a person has or does not have facebook. Most of the time links posted here go to a global page or profile so that everyone can see it including guests and people who do not have FB. Going off of what Hoichi said that he's not quite tech savvy- the link he posted must have come from a person or group where they set it to a limited group or to just friends only. Give people slack- FaceBook has a really really weird way of how people can share things- drives me nuts.

I think hoichi is banned now. uh oh! hope he returns and get better behavior. eh..

It is not a matter of if a person has or does not have facebook. Most of the time links posted here go to a global page or profile so that everyone can see it including guests and people who do not have FB. Going off of what Hoichi said that he's not quite tech savvy- the link he posted must have come from a person or group where they set it to a limited group or to just friends only. Give people slack- FaceBook has a really really weird way of how people can share things- drives me nuts.

If it drives you nuts as a member/user, or whatever the correct term is, it is no wonder that it drove me nuts to the point of complaining after I kept coming to ones I could not see. Thank you for what clarification you could offer.

The group who works with the Lead-K, who are supporting the ASL for age 0 to 5 to make a law which California did pass. However other states don't.. It is pretty complicated for me to explain, because lots of hearing parents of deaf children that aren't into this kind of law. like I said, both of them are battling over lead-k that are ugly.

I see what you're saying now.

Not sure if it is a friend only video... I could see it and FB is kept off my phone... right about FB having weird set up of how people share things... do you (or anyone) know how to unattach a video from FB?

Not sure if it is a friend only video... I could see it and FB is kept off my phone... right about FB having weird set up of how people share things... do you (or anyone) know how to unattach a video from FB?

I think there is a way to be able to save the video to your own PC (not sure with mobile- haven't tried it) then be able to reshare it either on your own timeline on FB or on a forum. I was able to do it once but can't remember how the heck I did it now- when I'm more alert and eyes aren't being little pain in the butts I'll hunt that down.

I think there is a way to be able to save the video to your own PC (not sure with mobile- haven't tried it) then be able to reshare it either on your own timeline on FB or on a forum. I was able to do it once but can't remember how the heck I did it now- when I'm more alert and eyes aren't being little pain in the butts I'll hunt that down.

Ah cool... if you ever remember, would appreciate it :) sorry about your eyes; hope they are behaving for you.

Cochlear Implant Activation with a accurate view of the experience.

Too many people whine and cry because they lack the understandings of science and making someones life better ( such as getting prosthetic legs / arms ) but no one bitches about that, hmmmm. Oh yeah, because you dont need/want them.... gotcha ! Its our choice if we do or dont, whine about something else. Love my CI !

That is a seriously douchy article. He/she is taking their experience and extrapolating to EVERYONE's experience. Notice they did not note that this was their individual experience, their anecdote, but insinuated that its's the same for everyone. Pfffft

So this person was hearing but it took them 2 months to understand speech. Yet the way they wrote this they imply that this is how it is for everyone. Good tunnel vision there.

I was hearing. I understood speech right away. Yet when I talk to people about this I note that everyone's experience is different. Because it IS, just because I had speech right away doesn't mean everyone will. What a douche.

And the while "what it means to be deaf".........like there's one way to be deaf and everyone thinks the same about it. Puhlease

Last edited:
That is a seriously douchy article. He/she is taking their experience and extrapolating to EVERYONE's experience. Notice they did not note that this was their individual experience, their anecdote, but insinuated that its's the same for everyone. Pfffft

So this person was hearing but it took them 2 months to understand speech. Yet the way they wrote this they imply that this is how it is for everyone. Good tunnel vision there.

I was hearing. I understood speech right away. Yet when I talk to people about this I note that everyone's experience is different. Because it IS, just because I had speech right away doesn't mean everyone will. What a douche.

And the while "what it means to be deaf".........like there's one way to be deaf and everyone thinks the same about it. Puhlease

I do not know why I keep expecting you to be mature... you look old enough of be a grandmother so I assume that you are an adult... there is no reason for the attitude...

As for the article... hmm... well we are all have our own options... yet you seem to latch on to a very minor aspect of her article... it was not about her... yes, she did make mention of her experience... but reading the whole article... that is not her target... nor was her target only about CI effectivness.... rather the larger of the whole... but I understand... here nothing bad is permitted to be said about the CI...
You completely ignore aspects of her argument... but you are one of the mercilessly cured ...oh so quickly... congrats... can everyone say that? Or does all these suddenly able to hear videos misrepresentating things, especially for the young deaf childern... sure they hear a beep or something else but is it usable hearing?

How is her stating:

Cochlear implant activation is the start of a long and hard journey, but these activation videos give the impression that it is instead the end of one.

Tunnel vision? Her words have been backed by the very company and organizations that provides them...

That it is hard work, it does take time and dedication to it, and that “Hearing is not a switch you can just turn on. It takes years of hard work, therapy, and effort.”... this is about more then just her... sorry... be rude and foul about it if want... but these videos do in fact provide a misrepresentation of the fact of how much time, energy, struggles, and the like that it take to gain usable hearing... if they gain it at all... almost every hearing person I have taken time with have also said the same... go get a CI and be cured... yet... is it that simple for everyone... or even anyone? No... but it is what these videos will lead people to believe...

I agree that we keep seeing "the miracle of hearing" when someone is activated but nothing about the fact that that hearing is not "normal" or even close (for most) and that it is only the beginning which is misleading. The general public seem to think CIs are like eye glasses. Put them on had wa-la you have normal hearing (equivalent to 20/20 vision)

my friend had CI for 6 years then removed it due to health issue. she felt much better! oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back