Pregnant teenagers

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
What you react when your 15 years old child tell you that she/he become parent to be?

What do you do with that situation?

Would you support her/him with that situation? If no, why? – If yes, why?

Would you force your daughter to abort or give her child up for an adoption?

Would you give your job up to watch your grandchild to let your child to go to school?

The reason I bring that subject to ask you all out of curiously because I was learned from my friend last Saturday that they become Grandparents to be. Their 15 years old daughter expects her baby from schoolboy. Her baby will be due in January 2005. She rejected their suggestion to have an abort & want to keep her baby. That situation upset them because she goes to gymnasium school & brings good report, which it’s great for her future.
I suggest my friend to look after her baby to let her to carry on with school but she said that she would not give her job up because they have debts to pay off.
It’s not possible of me to influence her decision & can’t make her to give up her job over that situation, that’s why I suggested her to go to see counseling or Youth Welfare Service for the advice.

Its not first time I ever heard.

1. My sister fall in pregnant when she was 19 years old & receive no support from my Dad & his wife. The reason she receive no support is because she rejected their suggestion to give the baby up for an adoption. My Dad & his wife rejected to accept her to live with them with that situation because they said it’s her fault. She should look somewhere to live. She found a 2 bedroom apartment with the help from Social Worker. I told my Dad that I think what he do is too far. My Dad said back to me that it’s her problem, because she is choose to keep her baby. He would not give up everything to sit her baby for her. That’s how her situation goes worst & neglects her 3 kids a lot. She told me that she doesn’t feel being mature to mother to her kids. (I didn’t say anything to her but I guess her life would be great if she received Dad’s support, don’t you think so?)

2. My friend’s 15 years old daughter Sabine was pregnant by 29 years old man whom she love very much. They are happily married for 10 years now & have 2 beautiful children. My friend support everything what she can for her daughter Sabine. Sabine is grateful what her mother does for her with that situation because she wants to keep her baby.

3. My good friend’s 16 years old niece Alina had baby boy last October & live together with 21 years old man whom he is father of her son at roof of her parent’s house. Her mother changed her job into part time to watch her grandson to let Alina carrying to study at gymnasium school.

Come to share your opinion/discussion with us.

A friend of mine who had a grandson few years ago. Her daughter had another baby boy last year. First one was keeping him which she constantly goes to College. Second one is putting for adoption. Of course, it is very painful for rest of her family.

Teenager pregnant cause grandparents alot of stressful to focus on their own lives. Grandparents want to retire early but they may force themselves to become part-time or give up their jobs to watch over grandchildren.

When you took care of your children being single parent all of the years. Then, your children become teenagers and told you that they become parents. It is very difficult for all of young grandparents to become more burden to take care of grandkids while their kids are not completed their education.

It is very scared to think about teenager kids who become pregnant at 14 to 18 yrs old. I had a long good talk with my two teenager sons because they have girlfriends for years ! Girlfriends's parents had a good talk with their daughters too.

I keep to remind my sons to focus on their education, friends, entertainment as much as they can.

Important, you sit down and will have a long good talk with your teenager kids. Explain them, how important their education, career, finance, etc... It is not fair for the grandkids because they become victim to see low income very young parents. Collect food stamps, WCI, etc... Social Worker, couneslor, etc... Oh dear.. I hate to seeing young parents go through like that !

Always support your children ! No matter what !!

Last edited:
Ya know...

I'd have to say that it's much, MUCH easier for me to answer these when I'm NOT keeping my own daughter in mind. :/ I honestly don't know how I would react if she were to approach us and tell us she was pregnant at 15.

Personally, I don't believe in abortion - I think it's wrong. The fetus, or baby, whatever you perceive it to be, even at the earliest stages, is still a living thing. To KILL it before it has a chance to thrive, to become something, is wrong IMO. The only cases that make it right are those rare instances where having the baby would put the baby and mother at risk of losing their lives. For other reasons (don't want the baby, etc) there are other options. Adoption being the number one. Even if a young mother does not want to raise a child, her carrying the baby to full term would still benefit another woman who for whatever reason, can't have a baby. One person's nightmare might just be another person's blessing.

Anyway, back to the pregnancy issue...I wouldn't push abortion on my daughter, no matter how old she was. Adoption would be up to her, of course...and personally, I would definitely help her out with the baby if she decided that she wanted to keep it and play a vital role in the baby's upbringing. The child would still be a family member - and family helps one another out....correct? We cannot expect a 15 year old to maintain a good-paying job in which she would support herself and her child, but we can help her in any way possible. She, like all of us other Moms, will learn the ropes eventually. She will just have to give up some things that kids her age are doing, and "grow up" quicker. Of course, if she didn't want to do this, then I would definitely help her look into adoption.

Honestly - not sure what else to say on this topic! :aw:

:gpost: MalfySis!

I Thinks the Major thing is being 15 and Pregnant can scare a lot of Parents because, First of all they are still in School and we all are hoping for a better Life for them possible College and finished Up High School.. But, if that ever happens of Course, Hope that any 15 yrs old pregnant women would stand up for their Responsible and do the right thing for themselves rather it is to give the baby up or keep the baby even through they are young to get a better paying Job like Malfy just stated, but Parent should Help and Support their Daughters if they happen to become Pregnant that is why it is important to teach our children about protections and the Risk involved that could happen and how their Life changes when a baby is made. That would help them have thoughts about having sex with Protection. I do not have Daughters therefore, I am speaking of all teenagers Girls out there in the world today.

I know it sucks to be a teenage mother or young single mother. I have a lot of friends who have had this happen to them. So far, they've been getting a lot of good support.

Oh Dear, ummm......

I'm not sure what I would say, but to be honest, I'm pretty much glad I don't have a daug....If I do then Malfoyish had said what I would have done ....:mrgreen:

Last edited:
Oh, I sure wish I had a say in this but I just know it'll be a waste of time.
There's this girl who's 14...(a friend of mine's friend) and I heard that her mother's been encouraging her to find boyfriends and having sex! :shock: The girl has told me in the past that she wants to be exactly like her mother -- be on disability pension, have babies and stay home. Never work, etc. :roll:
I won't be surprised if she falls pregnant now. Not my problem anyway!!

Last edited:
I don't know how I would react to my child telling me that they were going to be a parent. Hopefully something like that would never come up. If I have kids I am going to raise them to realize what a healthy relationship is. I will raise them with a healthy respect for sex. Many if not most teens don't have the emoitional maturity to handle sex....and then there are so many ditzy brainless people out there who don't realize that love is a nautrual outgrowth of friendship, and that in order to have a healthy romantic loving relationship with someone you have to be best friends with them. There are still so many dim bulbs out there who think that a romantic relationship is completely unrelated to friendship/relationship skills. My mom sees SO MANY girls who think that having sex with a guy is the way to true love.
There's also the fact that a large percentage of teen pregnancies are fathered by older males. Not nessarily Lolita style relatationships, (much older guy with younger girl) but twenty something guys dating teen girls. I forget the exact stats, but it's quite high. I have to say...I am twenty-three and young for my age (still act like I am a teen) and I cannot see myself having sex with a young teen. The idea just grosses me out....I would also make sure that my kids knew that relationships with twenty something guys aren't a good idea. I'm not saying that slightly older (intergrade) relationships wouldn't work out....but there's a HUGE difference between a teenager and a twentysomething!

The fetus, or baby, whatever you perceive it to be, even at the earliest stages, is still a living thing. To KILL it before it has a chance to thrive, to become something, is wrong IMO.
Malfoy, Yes, good point...and yes it is wrong to kill a living thing. However, I know that early term abortions are performed even before genetic concerns can impact the fetus. An aborted fetus might have a fatal chromosome disorder like complete Trisomy 16,(which ALWAYS ends in miscarriage) but the mother might have an abortion before the cells could cause a "nautral" death. I think that most early term abortions are simply "super Morning After Pills" getting rid of the potential for a pregnancy, rather then infantcide. Am I making any sense? I am falling asleep here.

You know what instead of 15 yrs old being Pregnant how strange is a 12 yrs Old Young girl who is at her third Pregnancy Now and she is also a Student at my Younger Sister's School. I am so Surprise that she is carrying her 3rd Child even through she is so Young and don't need that much Responsible. :crazy:

I don't know how I'd react, if I had a daughter. I wouldn't force abortion on her, and not adoption either cuz I don't mind helping her out and be there for her for support while she finishes school, goes to college, etc. But if i do have a daughter, I'll have a talk with her before all that and make sure she knows that finishing school is important, and going to college.. will talk to my 2 boys about that too so they can be more careful and finish school aand go to college.

My birth mom was careless and got preggy when she was 17 yrs old and had me..
I got first preggy when I was 20 Not that bad..
All I'm hoping for my daughter stay wait until get married first.. If she careless.. I'll have her return her Adult School Program instead High school which isn't proprite for her attend that place conflict preggy term.. I would be very dispointment w/her having preggy early age. I'm praying that she can wait until get married and older enough being responbile.. I cannot see the prediction future.. Sorry! All In my mind just quite sorta of imagation.. (chuckles) btw *knock the wood*

I ll teach my daughter to wait til she s married to have sex or have a baby. I ll do the same w/ our future son. :) it s hard to teach them so we ll do our best.. cuz our tv and media is full of sex. young people thought it s accepable and cool to do same as for drugs use in 80s..

GeorgiaDeaf said:
I ll teach my daughter to wait til she s married to have sex or have a baby. I ll do the same w/ our future son. :) it s hard to teach them so we ll do our best.. cuz our tv and media is full of sex. young people thought it s accepable and cool to do same as for drugs use in 80s..
Sometimes, it's best to teach them about sex when they are younger. Suppose you have a swimming pool, are you going to be keeping an eye on your kid all the time? No. What's better? Teach them how to swim. That way, if they do fall in the pool... they can get out. The same goes for sex. We can't keep our eyes on our kids all the time. The best way around this is to teach them, explain to them what it is. You can also warn them about STDs, AIDS, etc... as well as teaching them about condoms. That will help! :thumb:

how strange is a 12 yrs Old Young girl who is at her third Pregnancy Now
WHAT?!?!?! A 12 year old who is pregnant for the third time? HOLY SHIT. Someone has to call Child Protective services. I know in the gross majority of cases when a 12ish year old gets pregnant or has sex it's usually b/c of being sexually abused. I'm sorry, but a twelve year old is a KID...God when I was twelve I thought I knew everything...and I look back and realize how little I knew about things like sex and love and everyhting like that.

deafdyke said:
WHAT?!?!?! A 12 year old who is pregnant for the third time? HOLY SHIT. Someone has to call Child Protective services. I know in the gross majority of cases when a 12ish year old gets pregnant or has sex it's usually b/c of being sexually abused. I'm sorry, but a twelve year old is a KID...God when I was twelve I thought I knew everything...and I look back and realize how little I knew about things like sex and love and everyhting like that.
Well something is wrong here...If the 12 year old child is having sex with a guy who gets her pregnant might get in trouble with law! If he is like 18 years old then its against the law to be having sex with a minor!! Im surprised that he was not reported to the police!! we need more details here..Cheri.

Defee said:
Well something is wrong here...If the 12 year old child is having sex with a guy who gets her pregnant might get in trouble with law! If he is like 18 years old then its against the law to be having sex with a minor!! Im surprised that he was not reported to the police!! we need more details here..Cheri.

My sister told me that the 12 yrs old slept with a 27 Yrs old guy :-o That is all I know about this at this moment I will have to ask her More Details on the Guy. She told me all this at the Rib Cookoff in North D. So I am suppose to see her today and I will get more Information on this Case.

:-o :-o :-o What a :crazy: world.

I'm sure you heard that 9 years old girl had a baby at few years ago in Mexcio.

Perhaps you also heard that many kids under 13 years old married & have babies in Africa accord reglious. :o

The parents gave their kids to priest of villiage (different belief of villages in Africa) for "check" either they are virgin or not before give them the permisson to marry & produce more babies. The priest is one who break every kids's virgin. :o

Cheri said:
My sister told me that the 12 yrs old slept with a 27 Yrs old guy :-o That is all I know about this at this moment I will have to ask her More Details on the Guy. She told me all this at the Rib Cookoff in North D. So I am suppose to see her today and I will get more Information on this Case.
:jaw: 27 year old man??? OMG! he SHOULD be reported to the police!! he is raping a child, for God's sake!....mercy, mercy!! *thud*

Back