paid your taxes? these ten companies didn't

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Boooooo! Too much tax refunds, but I think they paid lot of taxes and they fet a refund? I dont know for sure. Something to investigate.

Not that I support any of these companies or think they are paying their fair share, because I absolutely don't, but this list is such a misleading crock of shit.

Those banks did not receive trillion dollar bailouts. That is absolutely absurd. The entire TARP program was less than 300 billion. Where in the world did Moveon pull those numbers???? Furthermore, almost ALL of the TARP money has been repaid, much of it with interest...

What pisses me off is that these clowns over at Moveon are hurting the credibility of a legitimate argument: that businesses like GE and BoA are not paying their fair share. Yet when Moveon throws about faulty information like this, it makes me really want to buy an SUV, vote republican, and join the Tea Party, just to spite their dumbasses.

Or that list was designed to piss off democrats. :lol:

Boooooo! Too much tax refunds, but I think they paid lot of taxes and they fet a refund? I dont know for sure. Something to investigate.

yes they paid billions in taxes 2 years ago. Trust me - there's nothing to investigate.

Not that I support any of these companies or think they are paying their fair share, because I absolutely don't, but this list is such a misleading crock of shit.

Those banks did not receive trillion dollar bailouts. That is absolutely absurd. The entire TARP program was less than 300 billion. Where in the world did Moveon pull those numbers???? Furthermore, almost ALL of the TARP money has been repaid, much of it with interest...

What pisses me off is that these clowns over at Moveon are hurting the credibility of a legitimate argument: that businesses like GE and BoA are not paying their fair share. Yet when Moveon throws about faulty information like this, it makes me really want to buy an SUV, vote republican, and join the Tea Party, just to spite their dumbasses.

I agree.

I have a problem with people demanding that these companies should pay tax. They've already poured in billions of dollars for investment, jobs, and public service that led to steep tax write-off. They've made a progress.

Since these companies have already paid tens of billions dollars in tax couple years ago... where did that get us? a continuing federal budget deficit.

At this point right now - I no longer support government's, politicians', citizens' demands for companies and rich people to pay up. I support tax cut for the riches because it goes back to us.

The government is misusing our tax money. Barry Bonds investigation? good gracious....

Got proof they paid "tens of billions of dollars in taxes two years ago?"

Probably to other governments other than the USA?

I should have checked the link out some more. It's not credible. More of a hoax than anything.

I agree.

I have a problem with people demanding that these companies should pay tax. They've already poured in billions of dollars for investment, jobs, and public service that led to steep tax write-off. They've made a progress.

Since these companies have already paid tens of billions dollars in tax couple years ago... where did that get us? a continuing federal budget deficit.

At this point right now - I no longer support government's, politicians', citizens' demands for companies and rich people to pay up. I support tax cut for the riches because it goes back to us.

The government is misusing our tax money. Barry Bonds investigation? good gracious....

I am completely for taxing the shit out of these companies. You're dead wrong if you think they are paying their fair share. What's going on is they're writing off all their expenses for R&D and corporate vacations and whatever else to the point where their tax liability is 0%. Well, NEWSFLASH: R&D is part of owning a business! You don't get to use it as an excuse not to pay any taxes on the profit you make. There should be a certain limit for how much these companies can write off their taxes. Also, they get all sorts of grants and allocations and no-bid contracts from the government. That's MINE AND YOURS tax dollars that they are getting in an uncapitalistic non-free market way. Nothing fair about that.

I am just ticked off about those stupid granola chompers at Moveon trying to pass along misinformation. Dumb hippies.

Sounds like you want the tax code for corporations to be re-written.

But that will be tough because they can afford to hire high-powered lobbyists to block any proposals that would increase their tax liability.

Sounds like you want the tax code for corporations to be re-written.

But that will be tough because they can afford to hire high-powered lobbyists to block any proposals that would increase their tax liability.

Yeah, I've wanted that for a long time. Corporate Welfare is disgusting.

Tax on business is pretty silly. One of 2 things occurs...either cost cutting which means reduced labor or poorer quality products or an increase in price as the tax bill is passed on to the consumer.

Tax on business is actually an unfair tax on the poor. We pay different amounts based on income as individuals.....however when the tax is passed on to the consumer the rich and poor pay equally. ie if Valero raises the price of gas to cover it's tax burden the prices goes up for everyone equally. Not to mention that the largest corporations would tend to cater more to the poor. People who buy their clothes at walmart would see their clothing go up more than people who buy their clothes at Nieman's simply because walmart is much larger.

As for R&d blame obama.....he is big on r&d being the focus of our recovery.

Back