paid your taxes? these ten companies didn't

Surely a corporate citizen should pay taxes. They consume resources just like everyone else does.

Simply another way of saying corporation.

Have you ever read in the media a story describing a company that supports charities? Or a company that does "green" things to minimize its impact on the environment? They can be described as a good corporate citizens.

Simply another way of saying corporation.

Have you ever read in the media a story describing a company that supports charities? Or a company that does "green" things to minimize its impact on the environment? They can be described as a good corporate citizens.
Citizens are individuals, and they do pay taxes. They are citizens of our country, not a corporation.

Citizens are individuals, and they do pay taxes. They are citizens of our country, not a corporation.
I didn't say anyone was a citizen of a corporation.

Do you know what corporate citizenship means? It is the role a corporation plays in society, which could include paying taxes like citizens. It could include other things too.

Here ya go........

Corporate citizenship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I didn't say anyone was a citizen of a corporation.

Do you know what corporate citizenship means? It is the role a corporation plays in society, which could include paying taxes like citizens. It could include other things too.

Here ya go........

Corporate citizenship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes, I understand corporate citizenship but you mentioned corporate citizen which is not the same thing. That's why I asked what you meant.

FairTax would solve that. :D

Surely a corporate citizen should pay taxes. They consume resources just like everyone else does.

And from whom would the corporation get the money to pay those taxes??

Yes, I understand corporate citizenship but you mentioned corporate citizen which is not the same thing. That's why I asked what you meant.

FairTax would solve that. :D

I don't see FairTax as actually fair tax because everyone will have pay flat tax rate (23%), even poor and rich and everyone will get prebates too.

I'm favor rich people and large corporations to pay in highest tax bracket since poor people and small businesses to pay in lowest tax bracket.

I don't see FairTax as actually fair tax because everyone will have pay same tax rate (23%), even poor and rich and everyone will get prebates too.

I'm favor rich people and large corporations to pay in highest tax bracket since poor people and small businesses to pay in lowest tax bracket.

We have given you the math several time to show that the poor don't pay the same % as the rich under the fair tax. The poorest would still pay zero.

Walmart, your favorite company, is huge.....should they pay a huge amount of tax?

We have given you the math several time to show that the poor don't pay the same % as the rich under the fair tax. The poorest would still pay zero.

Walmart, your favorite company, is huge.....should they pay a huge amount of tax?

I don't agree about how FairTax works so both of large corporations and rich people should pay tax at more than this percent. FairTax is just flat sale tax with prebates so still not fair to me.

No, Walmart isn't my favorite company and rarely shop at this place and of course, they should pay a lot of taxes.

I don't see FairTax as actually fair tax because everyone will have pay flat tax rate (23%), even poor and rich and everyone will get prebates too.

Rich people buy more things, so they would pay more sales tax under the FairTax.

The prebate check would cover basic expenses for poor people, so that would compensate for the sales tax.

It would be more fair for more people than the current tax system.

I don't agree about how FairTax works so both of large corporations and rich people should pay tax at more than this percent. FairTax is just flat sale tax with prebates so still not fair to me.

The math doesn't lie

No, Walmart isn't my favorite company and rarely shop at this place and of course, they should pay a lot of taxes.

I was kidding about it being your favorite company.... So, where would walmart get the money to pay those taxes?

Rich people buy more things, so they would pay more sales tax under the FairTax.

The prebate check would cover basic expenses for poor people, so that would compensate for the sales tax.

It would be more fair for more people than the current tax system.

Well, If rich people buy less things so won't make any difference and FairTax does cover anything is new and services too, it means 23% will add to new house, new car, mortgage payment, car payment, medical cost, etc. It seems worse than GST that Canada is using.

Most Americans said current taxes that they pay is fair.
Most Americans Say Taxes They Pay Are Fair: Poll

FYI, The percent in link doesn't represent about number of support FairTax and some people want some of tax codes to reformed.

The math doesn't lie

I was kidding about it being your favorite company.... So, where would walmart get the money to pay those taxes?

Walmart made a lot of profits so they can afford to pay a lot of taxes.

And where did they get that profit?

from anyone who buy their stuffs.

We had high tax bracket under Clinton Admin and cost of products are just same as now that based on inflation.

from anyone who buy their stuffs.

We had high tax bracket under Clinton Admin and cost of products are just same as now that based on inflation.

So, it is really the customers paying the tax then..... It's not like Walmart will decide to stop making a profit. So in essence you are taxing Walmart customers......BTW are Walmarts customers mostly comprised of the rich,middle class or poor?

Interesting to say, most GOP wants Bush tax cut to be permanent instead of switch to FairTax.

FairTax is just part of dream like legalize of gay marriage in all states and free college for everyone so won't going happen in anytime soon.

So, it is really the customers paying the tax then..... It's not like Walmart will decide to stop making a profit. So in essence you are taxing Walmart customers......BTW are Walmarts customers mostly comprised of the rich,middle class or poor?

Walmart is comprised for everyone, regardless on income but I have say that most poor and middle class are usually shop at Walmart and Target.

I don't think so because Walmart will still have a lot of profits after pay a lot of taxes but just less profits than before and we had highest tax bracket in past so won't see cost of products to increase due to high tax, however I do agree if it is for small businesses.

Walmart is comprised for everyone, regardless on income but I have say that most poor and middle class are usually shop at Walmart and Target.

I don't think so because Walmart will still have a lot of profits after pay a lot of taxes but just less profits than before and we had highest tax bracket in past so won't see cost of products to increase due to high tax, however I do agree if it is for small businesses.

Trust me they will raise their prices. It won't seem like much because they have so many products. But to the poor every penny counts.

Back