NY Deaf "ASL" expo cancelled- any one know why?

yeah the long island ny was canceled on may 3rd and they didnt give us a reason it was on deafnyc.com though and i found out from one of my old asl 1 professors from 4 yrs ago who im closed with. i was so mad!! that they cancelled it then i foudn out this is not the only 1 they cancelled.

Yea, I heard from a friend last night that some people went to the expo without knowing that it was canceled and they felt it was a waste of trip.

I am not surprised about this, Wokamuka!

Everyone: forget ASL Expo, go to DeafNation Expo, which is run by highly-respected people. DeafNation Expo has been around for several years and still going strong.

Excuses

I am wondering about excuses...

Columbus Ohio was canceled due to SNOW storm. It was a perfect blizzard. Started with rain sleet then frozen then piled up with 18 inches of snow. Colombians had no chance of clearing snow for everyone. So weather prevented ASL expo from running. I flew there into snow storm and sat in my hotel room until Sunday to fly out. No fun but it was a wonder to watch snows.

Now I am scared to go to any ASL expo. We are not impressed with the process. Recently went to ASL expo of Wheaton IL... I talked with other booths and learned they did not receive the ads until 5 days before the event. It making me wonder. Now that leads to canceling a perfect good weather NY expo. Umm...

Deaf nation is far superior to ASL expo. So encourage you and others to go to Deaf nation as its a good way to build your networking and unite with your old friends. Than goof with ASL expo.

Here is the truth:

The program book (ads) was not printed and not distributed. The money was not returned.

The $5,000 door prize is never distributed to the real winner. The winner is always "one of the group." The game is rigged.

ASL Expo is a scam.

It making me wonder about that. I watched Wheaton IL's drawing for 6 prizes. I saw the real cash given to each winner. I know a lot of them are local and talked with them as well. It appears local do wins, not insiders...

I am not surprised about this, Wokamuka!

Everyone: forget ASL Expo, go to DeafNation Expo, which is run by highly-respected people. DeafNation Expo has been around for several years and still going strong.

Not sure if I agree about DeafNation Expo being all that great.....

well I noticed a difference between asl expo and deaf nation cuz asl expo didn't have many booths for me to look around at but deaf nation too many deafies wud be there and alot of exciting booths to look at so go figures :roll:

Not true Wokamuka

ASL EXPO IS NOT A SCAM...My fiance and I works for ASL EXPO, my fiance is best friends with the President and Owner of the Asl expo, they grew up in school together, do you have a proof that Asl expo is a scam, show me the proof ? Yep, right now, give me the evidence if you have it.:ty:

Here is the truth:

The program book (ads) was not printed and not distributed. The money was not returned.

The $5,000 door prize is never distributed to the real winner. The winner is always "one of the group." The game is rigged.

ASL Expo is a scam.

Love is blindness.

ASL Expo promises and does not deliver. As evidence, I have two words: Kansas City. Your so-claimed association with the President and Owner of this event is not evidence.

ASL Expo is a scam.

Heh

I needs a proof of something, indeed you don't have the right to slandered against ASL EXPO and we don't slanders against you or to anybody like that, slandering is totally un-called for, and it isn't nice to puts ASL EXPO down like that especially we don't puts others down either, it's not how you should treats other like that, we all should be treated right not wrong. We respects everybody, here we get some dissin' respectin'.

ASL Expo promises and does not deliver. As evidence, I have two words: Kansas City. Your so-claimed association with the President and Owner of this event is not evidence.

ASL Expo is a scam.

Slander is something untruthful.

This is no slander. Ask about Kansas City. Ask.

Or are you afraid of the truth?

Here is the truth:

ASL Expo is a scam.

I believe that you are definitely right about the little dirty work. I was at the expo in a city, and a team won $5,000. Roll up my eyes.

Maybe, it would be better that way to attract all teams to show up their work, and they care to be there for the lottery games. If there is no lottery, some of the teams wouldn't be there. At the expo, there were 13 booths out of 20. That's 7 booth losses.

I believe that you are definitely right about the little dirty work. I was at the expo in a city, and a team won $5,000. Roll up my eyes.

Maybe, it would be better that way to attract all teams to show up their work, and they care to be there for the lottery games. If there is no lottery, some of the teams wouldn't be there. At the expo, there were 13 booths out of 20. That's 7 booth losses.
The rules should be that only customers, not employees, can win. :)

Back