Netflix.... is it worthy to subscribe?

Last week I was house sitting for a friend (for 4 days) and she does not have cable so my entire time was spent watching Netflix. I enjoyed immensely!!! Frankly I was surprised by the number of movies Netflix does have captions for/ I'm talking about movies that are available on DVD and Blu-ray with no caption/subtitle option.

Later today I'm purchasing a Roku 3 and will likely subscribe to Netflix by the end of the year.

My stepdaughter have Netflix and one day I thought I give a try and I was looking up Star Trek; Into Darkness and it's not there. With my Verizon Fios that have On Demand and indeed that it have Star Trek and CC ready. It's only under 5 bucks more and I find that On Demand the new movies are out much earlier than Netflix, even along with CC ready you know?

I did away with cable and got Netflix. To be fair, it's not that bad. However, it's not that good.

You can't use one tool for video content. You must use every tool at your disposal Youtube, Hulu, direct channel videos and even going to the library for films. With very little effort, you can save a lot of money compared to cable. It's criminal what cable charges.

Last week I was house sitting for a friend (for 4 days) and she does not have cable so my entire time was spent watching Netflix. I enjoyed immensely!!! Frankly I was surprised by the number of movies Netflix does have captions for/ I'm talking about movies that are available on DVD and Blu-ray with no caption/subtitle option.

Later today I'm purchasing a Roku 3 and will likely subscribe to Netflix by the end of the year.
:confused: Can you give examples of movies you saw via Netflix with subtitles and that are available on the discs with no subtitles?

My stepdaughter have Netflix and one day I thought I give a try and I was looking up Star Trek; Into Darkness and it's not there. With my Verizon Fios that have On Demand and indeed that it have Star Trek and CC ready. It's only under 5 bucks more and I find that On Demand the new movies are out much earlier than Netflix, even along with CC ready you know?
Yeah, I know. No wonder why Netflix costs $8/mo. If Netflix launches new releases at the same time as VOD, it would cost at least $20/mo and might limit up to 5 movies per month, you know?

:confused: Can you give examples of movies you saw via Netflix with subtitles and that are available on the discs with no subtitles?

Everything they have by Troma (Entertainment). So a buttload of obscure B-Movies under their banner. There's also a monster load of documentaries available.

But as already stated on this site, by Oct 2014, Netflix will have captions for EVERYTHING.

Everything they have by Troma (Entertainment). So a buttload of obscure B-Movies under their banner. There's also a monster load of documentaries available.
PFFFT! Oh, that's what you talked about. Actually you said it all. B-movies = low-budget = no money for subtitles on DVDs. What's more, there's no way Redbox or VOD has them available for rent because they suck.

But as already stated on this site, by Oct 2014, Netflix will have captions for EVERYTHING.

Sweet! Where did you hear that? That was the reason I canceled my Netflix when only 5% of the online movies had any captions.

I like Netflix because I can't find as big a selection on foreign films anywhere else and most of the movies/TV shows I've streamed do have captions. The unlimited streaming option is also very cheap so I'm obviously happy with it. It'd be nice though if they expanded their Asian film selection, but other than that, I can't complain.

Laura

I like Netflix because I can't find as big a selection on foreign films anywhere else and most of the movies/TV shows I've streamed do have captions. The unlimited streaming option is also very cheap so I'm obviously happy with it. It'd be nice though if they expanded their Asian film selection, but other than that, I can't complain.

Laura

There's a few Asian channels you can add via Roku that look impressive.
I.E.
DramaFever on Roku
Kdrama | Roku Guide

I have Comcast and some networks would show the same movie back to back! What a rip off it was so I got rid on the second level and I save about $360 a year. I was paying $30 extra and was only watching about 3 networks in the package. I never used Netflix but I have two neighbors in my building the think it worth it but they're not deaf or HOH and do not need CC . I asked my neighbors about there being any CC on the movies and they had no idea , I thought of trying Netflix too.

I have Comcast too and yes, their movie packages are expensive. I can rent a new release DVD from Redbox for $1.30 a day, I also a member of Netflix unlimited 2 DVD at a time cycle plus unlimited streaming for $20 a month which is not bad. I like to see some old classic or foreign movies and Netflix made it easier to rent it. There has been more captions in the streaming movies and Netflix stated that they will have captions on all streaming movies next year so we'll see and so far I am not complaining about Netflix's services.

I have Comcast and some networks would show the same movie back to back! What a rip off it was so I got rid on the second level and I save about $360 a year. I was paying $30 extra and was only watching about 3 networks in the package. I never used Netflix but I have two neighbors in my building the think it worth it but they're not deaf or HOH and do not need CC . I asked my neighbors about there being any CC on the movies and they had no idea , I thought of trying Netflix too.

I'm member of Netflix since last year. I like it all. Mostly all movies has subtitles.

I've had Netflix for about 5 or 6 years and love it. There have been very few DVDs that I had to return unwatched because of no captions or subtitles. Sometimes they're a little slow in getting the newest films out, about a month sometimes, after Amazon has them. It's a wonderful change from the old days at the video store when only foreign films had captions or subtitles. I don't watch much network TV except for news and talk shows, some PBS, get the old TV shows from Netflix. Right now I"m waiting for the first season of Breaking Bad -- a very long wait.

Rival war? ha http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/06/netflix-blockbuster_n_4228022.html

IGLJe.jpg

I've had Netflix for about 5 or 6 years and love it. There have been very few DVDs that I had to return unwatched because of no captions or subtitles. Sometimes they're a little slow in getting the newest films out, about a month sometimes, after Amazon has them. It's a wonderful change from the old days at the video store when only foreign films had captions or subtitles. I don't watch much network TV except for news and talk shows, some PBS, get the old TV shows from Netflix. Right now I"m waiting for the first season of Breaking Bad -- a very long wait.

Ha ha same here!!! I'm dying to see the last season of Breaking Bad.

I saw the writing on the wall when the local blockbuster closed several years ago and there's a Panera restaurant instead.
BB stores were closed in two cities, Lakewood and Long Beach near my home and my ex-workplace respectively. Know what business moved in? Chase Bank in both cities!

Back