Netflix.... is it worthy to subscribe?

Royale

Reaction score
Hey folks

I want to have your feedback and comments on Netflix because I am seriously considering to subscribe it before I will make a final decision in a few days ago.

I have talked to several friends about the pros and cons of Netflix. Interestingly they have told me that Netflix is much better now than in the past but they have not gotten all movies and shows CCed and/or subtitled yet.

One of my closest friends told me that his wife and he wanted to watch one movie specifically several months ago, but it was not CCed or subtitled yet. They kept checking on this movie occasionally until it became CCed last month. It is obvious Netflix keeps putting CC and subtitle on movies and shows for a long while.

I have been tired of seeing the networks showing same movies twice of thrice every month and it has been a waste of time and money for me.

Should I determine it is worthy for me to subscribe Netflix, I will change my cable packages to a different, lower level.

Your feedback and comments would be very much appreciated. :)

Netflix agrees to subtitle all films by 2014 - CNN.com

That's also important to know.

The company has also agreed to speedily caption new content. The agreement says that Netflix will put captions on new content within 30 days by 2014; within 14 days by 2015; and within 7 days by 2016, "and shall strive to reach a point at which Conforming Captions are provided simultaneously with launch at all times."
In other words, if you have no patience waiting for a film you want to see to be captioned, then Netflix is not for you yet.

I've had Netflix for over a year, I've only had one movie not have captions, Snatch, and it's a British movie so I think that might have something to do with it. I've only had one episode of one tv show not have captions as well. The first one of Breaking Bad, but that was AWHILE ago, and they got it eventually.

I don't think it'd be that much of a problem really.

I've had Netflix for over a year, I've only had one movie not have captions, Snatch, and it's a British movie so I think that might have something to do with it. I've only had one episode of one tv show not have captions as well. The first one of Breaking Bad, but that was AWHILE ago, and they got it eventually.

I don't think it'd be that much of a problem really.
Let's see...

World War Z, Iron Man 3, and The Great Gatsby

Are they captioned currently?

(I am no longer a Netflix member)

I've had Netflix for over a year, I've only had one movie not have captions, Snatch, and it's a British movie so I think that might have something to do with it.

I think the issue is the streaming content, NOT DVDs. I had this problem when I tried out streaming movies, barely any movies had any captions at all and yet the DVD version has captions.

Netflix will let you try them for free for a month. That's what I did and I decided to get it because cable is too expensive. Netflix to me is a cheaper form of cable and I don't watch that much tv. $8.00 a month. Can't beat that.

I think the issue is the streaming content, NOT DVDs. I had this problem when I tried out streaming movies, barely any movies had any captions at all and yet the DVD version has captions.

Yeah, I stream it through the xbox, granted my kids use it more than I do, but I've only ran into 2 things I wanted to watch that didn't have captions.

Netflix will let you try them for free for a month. That's what I did and I decided to get it because cable is too expensive. Netflix to me is a cheaper form of cable and I don't watch that much tv. $8.00 a month. Can't beat that.

Exactly the reason I have it :D it's a bummer waiting fir new seasons though. I can never get cable again, I'd be two seasons behind everything.

One thing in its it's favor, the captions for tv shows on Netflix is far superior to the captions on cable.

I have no idea about it.. I see that my hubby and daughter are using it a lot!! sorry i am an useless informtant. :lol:

That is great. What about old movies? I do like to watch old movies. reruns of old TV shows from 1970s and 1980s?
Get a free 30-days trial and find out for yourself. Don't like it?, cancel it before the trial expires. No harm done!

Hey folks

I want to have your feedback and comments on Netflix because I am seriously considering to subscribe it before I will make a final decision in a few days ago.

I have talked to several friends about the pros and cons of Netflix. Interestingly they have told me that Netflix is much better now than in the past but they have not gotten all movies and shows CCed and/or subtitled yet.

One of my closest friends told me that his wife and he wanted to watch one movie specifically several months ago, but it was not CCed or subtitled yet. They kept checking on this movie occasionally until it became CCed last month. It is obvious Netflix keeps putting CC and subtitle on movies and shows for a long while.

I have been tired of seeing the networks showing same movies twice of thrice every month and it has been a waste of time and money for me.

Should I determine it is worthy for me to subscribe Netflix, I will change my cable packages to a different, lower level.

Your feedback and comments would be very much appreciated. :)

lol it's only $8 a month. you can cancel it at anytime. no big deal.

CrazyPaul's right. for first-timer, it's 30-days free.

yeah give the free trial a go. i mostly use streaming, but some things have bad captions (mostly british tv but not all) and a lot of content from before the lawsuit still hasn't been captioned. having captions for songs is hit or miss. basically the quality/amount of captions depends on what you like to watch.

Hey folks!

Last night I subscribed Netflix for the first time and I got pros and cons.

I like what I have seen there; however, they got a lot of old TV series unavailable online. Every movie and TV show that I checked is closed captioned or subtitled which is real nice. The video quality is very good and of course, I do not care about the audio quality. LOL In addition, they have not added some old movies that I wanted to watch yet, so I hope they will add them soon or later.

In overall, since I liked what I saw there, I will most definitely subscribe it on monthly basis. I could save a lot of money on it from buying DVDs.

Hey folks!

Last night I subscribed Netflix for the first time and I got pros and cons.

I like what I have seen there; however, they got a lot of old TV series unavailable online. Every movie and TV show that I checked is closed captioned or subtitled which is real nice. The video quality is very good and of course, I do not care about the audio quality. LOL In addition, they have not added some old movies that I wanted to watch yet, so I hope they will add them soon or later.

In overall, since I liked what I saw there, I will most definitely subscribe it on monthly basis. I could save a lot of money on it from buying DVDs.
Glad to hear that you like it. As you mentioned that you like to watch 70s/80s TV reruns and old movies (classics), you can try Hulu which is free for PC use only with alot of commercials. I believe that most of them are captioned as well. Better than nothing, right?

Glad to hear that you like it. As you mentioned that you like to watch 70s/80s TV reruns and old movies (classics), you can try Hulu which is free for PC use only with alot of commercials. I believe that most of them are captioned as well. Better than nothing, right?

Yup.

It means I will need to set up VPN in order to get access to Hulu which is not available to Canada. No big deal. I will get it done next month.

Netflix rolls out Super HD to all customers and capable devices

Netflix US & Canada Blog: Highest Quality HD Now Available To All Netflix Members
It's about time. However, due to internet traffic, your ISP has to have a direct connection to Netflix only.

We initially rolled out Super HD in January only through ISPs with a direct connection to Netflix.
We continue to encourage ISPs to adopt Netflix Open Connect, our highly optimized video content delivery network. Open Connect is available at no cost to ISPs and is designed to deliver the best possible Netflix experience by storing the TV shows and movies Netflix members want to watch as close to them as possible.

Back