Netflix CC-NO, Subtitles-YES

He's just not happy with people calling SDH "CC". They both are technically different (but same purpose), so he wants us to be "aware" that SDH and CC are different things. Apparently, he is promoting awareness by calling everyone lazy.

Yup, this person is just ignorant so we can't fix it.

Let him says whatever he wants.

Oh no, you said CC on Netflix. WRONG! Why can't you just say "subtitles on Netflix"?

No, I'm not wrong. ;)

Netflix referred English [CC] under subtitle button.

Subtitle + audio descriptive = CC/SDH

Period.

No, I'm not wrong. ;)

Netflix referred English [CC] under subtitle button.

Subtitle + audio descriptive = CC/SDH

Period.
Yes, I notice that but Netflix knows no shit about what CC is. I posted somewhere about Neflix's announcement about subtitles, not CC. I bet a captioning programmer for Netflix doesn't know the difference. If it says CC, then where the hell is a CC official logo?

I am curious to know what you think about the 3-lines subtitles on Netflix streaming compared to the 2-lines subtitles on DVDs or BDs. Doesn't it look weird to you?

It's weird to see 3-line CC.

Are you playing around with me? CC? You mean subtitles or SDH. Don't you?

I'm usually to see 2-line caption. I can see there are CC and subtitle on Netflix. But I didn't ever think by see different. When I see "CC".

"Oh! I must to see what sound on background!"

Yes, I want to play with your pony.

Are you playing around with me? CC? You mean subtitles or SDH. Don't you?

Stop calling it subtitles. It is "subtitles for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing". English subtitles do not have the descriptive audio. Get it right!! Stop being so damn lazy and just say "subtitles for the Deaf or Hard of Hearing". It's not that hard!!!

BOY, I sure wish *I* had the kind of life where I had nothing better to do than go on a deaf forum and pick on people about using the wrong terminology for words on a screen. :thumbd::crazy::squint:

BOY, I sure wish *I* had the kind of life where I had nothing better to do than go on a deaf forum and pick on people about using the wrong terminology for words on a screen. :thumbd::crazy::squint:

Why are you so lazy? You shouldn't use emoticons to describe your feelings, you should write them in a detailed manner.

Dammit!

*I'm just joking around with you*

You're never going to win this one, dude, because nobody cares as much as you do.

Oh, well, I will try to explain it better this time.

When you tell any deafie who hasn't joined Netflix that it has CC, then he/she's thinking " Oh, great, my TV has a built-in CC decoder as well as Netflix app so no problem for me, I want to join in".

After the person joins in, then finds out CC is not working while watching a streaming movie from Netflix, even TV's CC is turned on. He/she wonders why you say Netflix has CC. Eventually the person asks you again about CC, you would say "Oh, I mean subtitles". That's called misinformation. That's not right to misinform deafies like that before they join Netflix. When they hear or see "CC", they think it means a CC decoder is required. Hope you understand what I mean. I guess maybe I care too much.

Oh, well, I will try to explain it better this time.

When you tell any deafie who hasn't joined Netflix that it has CC, then he/she's thinking " Oh, great, my TV has a built-in CC decoder as well as Netflix app so no problem for me, I want to join in".

After the person joins in, then finds out CC is not working while watching a streaming movie from Netflix, even TV's CC is turned on. He/she wonders why you say Netflix has CC. Eventually the person asks you again about CC, you would say "Oh, I mean subtitles". That's called misinformation. That's not right to misinform deafies like that before they join Netflix. When they hear or see "CC", they think it means a CC decoder is required. Hope you understand what I mean. I guess maybe I care too much.

So.. you're saying... there are deaf people out there who join Netflix only to find out that they have subtitles, but not CC, and... get upset about it? Why? They prefer the black background? Or does anyone actually go out and buy a CC decoder for TV?

I must be missing something...

CC has stuff that is not in subtitles like [door bell] or [loud crash]

No, I don't think that's it. He said to differentiate between CC and SDH. CC and SDH are the same thing when it comes to the context, which includes the descriptive audio. In my experience, it's actually quite rare to see English subtitles that did not have descriptive audio if it's an English movie. If they did have it, they also had SDH.

Also, CC doesn't ALWAYS show the descriptive audio...

No, I don't think that's it. He said to differentiate between CC and SDH. CC and SDH are the same thing when it comes to the context, which includes the descriptive audio. In my experience, it's actually quite rare to see English subtitles that did not have descriptive audio if it's an English movie. If they did have it, they also had SDH.

Also, CC doesn't ALWAYS show the descriptive audio...

True....and I edited as I had only read page 2 before my post. :Oops:

Back