My son gets sick almost every 2 wks

Reba said:
Could it be stress? Shifting back and forth between different homes, different parents, different rules, different schedules, different foods, etc., can be stressful for kids.

Yes, I second that.

Well sound like what I have. :D sorry about that but due to weather changing or the something in the air. Allergy. Depending how far is the father lives. Like I get allergy in the summer and had to take flonase and it help me to get better not to get sick. So if you take your son and ask the doctor about that maybe he will feel better after using the medication. Good luck!! I think it had to do with the air like pollen.

GalaxyAngel said:
Anything update about your son's critial ?

I already gave an update this morning, its on page one. I will give another update later after I see how things works out or not.

Wonder, maybe ur son's dad fed him with old foods after expiration date? Make sure that foods in his refrig are not old or spoiled. U need to sit down and discuss with ur son's dad. Or mold in his house?

Iceriver said:
I already gave an update this morning, its on page one. I will give another update later after I see how things works out or not.

err.. I wasn't refer about 1st page.. I mentioned further anything changes new update..

That would be great and wait til another time to see any changes improve or not..

IcedTeaRulz said:
Wonder, maybe ur son's dad fed him with old foods after expiration date? Make sure that foods in his refrig are not old or spoiled. U need to sit down and discuss with ur son's dad. Or mold in his house?

No Their house is very clean. No Mold. No expired date foods. His father's home environment and mine are completely different. My son probably had hard time adjusting to their rules. I will ask my son's Father to make a shecdule of what their weekend is like with my son, supper, how much he eats, actitivties, and etc.

Iceriver said:
Sorry for not giving the update. My son is better now. He always get better within a couple of days after coming home from his Father's house. It is strange that he gets sick almost every 2 weeks. The longest was a couple of months without getting sick then back to same schedule. His Father and I will try something different before making an appt with my son's doctor.

thats important to have two of you the parents to work out ..

Hope the dr will find why.. :)

Try to tell the father to spray Lysol to kill viruses in the air for a week once a day. Then weekly after. Maybe the father is immune to the viruses that may be present in his house, but not your son. Also, tell him to give the house a thorough cleaning with a disinfectant and vacumm, clean the floors, doorknobs, etc. before your son goes. That's the best advice I can think of. If that doesn't help, I do recommend seeing a doctor.

ClearSky said:
Try to tell the father to spray Lysol to kill viruses in the air for a week once a day. Then weekly after. Maybe the father is immune to the viruses that may be present in his house, but not your son. Also, tell him to give the house a thorough cleaning with a disinfectant and vacumm, clean the floors, doorknobs, etc. before your son goes. That's the best advice I can think of. If that doesn't help, I do recommend seeing a doctor.

Her son's father's house is very clean as always clean. I am sure she and her son's father will disscuss about it for her son to trying to stay out of sick every 2 weeks if not work then will take to the doctor.

If you do not mind my asking...

When your son gets sick, does his throat bother him? If so, you may want to see if he needs to have his tonsils removed.

I ask because one of our kids was sick every two or three weeks until we got hers removed - and since then she's only had a little cold here and there, and she is very rarely missing school by being sick.

Reba said:
Could it be stress? Shifting back and forth between different homes, different parents, different rules, different schedules, different foods, etc., can be stressful for kids.

Some of the fathers pushy to asking all questions to the children about their mother's life to find out whom their mothers hang around with friends, family or boyfriends. It causes children becomes more stressful and nervous to tell their mothers what their fathers did to them.

I know, one of my friend's son becomes very confuse and stressful between mother and father. It is not fair to put the children in the middle and burden to keep things inside their feelings.

Important both of parents becomes in a good term for children's sake.

Remind me of my son always get sick EVERY weekend .... when he get here he dont get sick.. why??? SMOKING... make him SICK... irrirate him and have coughing fits etc.. he cnat be around smoking at all..

does the father smoke??

do he use wood to burn to keep home warm in winter time?? if so.. can get sick from that.. (i was sick alots when i was young finally figured out i am allergic to wood smoke)

mildew in bathroom.. sometimes in dark places.. mildew in closet? not air out??? not vacum good?? have to figure out..

hope dr can do blood test and allergic test to see why your kid get sick alots.. sigh..

Or he misses his dad so much which make him sick when leaving him?

Remind me of my son always get sick EVERY weekend .... when he get here he dont get sick.. why??? SMOKING... make him SICK... irrirate him and have coughing fits etc.. he cnat be around smoking at all..

does the father smoke??

NO, her son's father is not smoke :) as I know him

do he use wood to burn to keep home warm in winter time?? if so.. can get sick from that.. (i was sick alots when i was young finally figured out i am allergic to wood smoke)

Yes, his dad have fireplace but his mommy (iceriver) have fireplace too didnt get him sick from fireplace at iceriver's home.

mildew in bathroom.. sometimes in dark places.. mildew in closet? not air out??? not vacum good?? have to figure out..

His dad's house is very very clean! like a shine!!! :)

hope dr can do blood test and allergic test to see why your kid get sick alots.. sigh..

Yeah :)

Or he misses his dad so much which make him sick when leaving him?

Hes used to custody schedule. sometimes he doesnt want to go to his daddy's but he has to but sometimes he wants to see his daddy, not in demanding way of course.

I posted this for iceriver which she is very busy so I asked her if I post in here and she said okay so I posted for her :)

I know Iceriver and her son too cause we in same school eheheh :lol:

I posted this for iceriver which she is very busy so I asked her if I post in here and she said okay so I posted for her :)

I know Iceriver and her son too cause we in same school eheheh :lol:

No problem. :)

Is he picky eater?

I have two sons, both are opposite, one is picky eater and other love all kind of food and he hardly get sick compare to his older brother who was picky eater got sick easily.

I remmy my own childhood, I always got sick cuz I do not eat alot while I was growing up. Only food I loved was vanilla ice cream that was it.

No problem. :)

Is he picky eater?

I have two sons, both are opposite, one is picky eater and other love all kind of food and he hardly get sick compare to his older brother who was picky eater got sick easily.

I remmy my own childhood, I always got sick cuz I do not eat alot while I was growing up. Only food I loved was vanilla ice cream that was it.

who he ?? her son or his daddy?

Back