My most theaters won't care about me

CCfan, I found a CC showing of Iron Man. It's at the AMC Eden Prairie Mall 18 - I don't know if that is a far drive for you, your location only says St. Paul. They have lots of showtimes today and I would guess more tomorrow and later.
MovieTickets.com AMC Eden Prairie Mall 18 . Movies, showtimes and tickets.

I prefer Regal Entertainment Group. It's better and rocks my world.

All list of state include city on date and schedule. Of course, it's limited available.
Regal Entertainment Group: Open Captioned & Descriptive audio showtimes

I am bothersome with rear-window captioning, because it get shaken when
my mother sat near me. I don't like that. I wish they would give
with open captioning at least 2 screening. Oh well.

I like rear-window (RW) better than open captioning (OC) during the clear readable. OC appear about 70% readable while rest are miss. That's so screw.

That is how they do the captioning at theaters.

Most theaters will pick one screen for OC movies. That room will be modified with a second window for use of the captioning.

I've been to a few OC theaters and they are all set up that way... all in the same room.

What they do is deliver the captioning from theater to theater, not the whole movie.

I went to one OC movie once and the captioning didn't show up. They forgot to turn it on. I told them about it and they apologized... then immediately turned it on. I could see it appear without even having to adjust the movie. ;)

Maybe, some theaters do it differently... this is just what I've noticed myself.

It does happen several time to anyone, include me being victim. Isn't that sad?

I am urging to boycott these theaters in your area if you are hearing, you should not going to theaters. We will blaming theaters for not providing closed-captioning.
My mother is hearing and already boycotted for this!

In Dallas, they have like one night a month or so that all the movies are CC. But otherwise, there isn't any CC movies. :[

I like rear-window (RW) better than open captioning (OC) during the clear readable. OC appear about 70% readable while rest are miss. That's so screw.
How is RVC better than OC?

With RVC, don't you have to use a small reflector and adjust it every time you move?

In Dallas, they have like one night a month or so that all the movies are CC. But otherwise, there isn't any CC movies. :[
Where in Dallas?

There is a movie theater in Dallas that has OC movies every day. The movies are usually scheduled 3 ways: Friday to Thursday, Friday to Monday, Tuesday to Thursday. The current movie is The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. On Tuesday, it will be Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. :)

How is RVC better than OC?

With RVC, don't you have to use a small reflector and adjust it every time you move?

RVC have shadow background on plastic transparent. It make text more clear to READ-ABLE. OC have cross with bright object motion that make difficult to read. Understand?

RVC have shadow background on plastic transparent. It make text more clear to READ-ABLE. OC have cross with bright object motion that make difficult to read. Understand?
Well, I've never had problems with OC. :)

Are you sure?..... ;)
Yes...

I've seen RVC, but never used it. Everyone I know who has used RVC complains that it's a big hassle.

Since you have to adjust the reflector, you have to make sure you don't move in order for the viewing to be perfect. If you decide to move a bit to get comfortable, you have to move the reflector again. That's the hassle.

Yes...

I've seen RVC, but never used it. Everyone I know who has used RVC complains that it's a big hassle.

Since you have to adjust the reflector, you have to make sure you don't move in order for the viewing to be perfect. If you decide to move a bit to get comfortable, you have to move the reflector again. That's the hassle.

I do complain that it's hassle to carry the device while OC is free-hand. So... both have CON and PRO.

I had captured the words on the open captioning about 95%.
I had captured the word on the rear window captioning about 85%.
Open captioning is winner!

I like any caption better than ZERO caption.

So I am not going to complain as long I got caption.

in my theater we have these adujstable mirrors and you can put the end in the cup holder. and you can read captions because the captions are read backwards. so the mirror helps you read it the right way.but i find the captions on the mirror makes my eyes dizzy alot. I'm used to reading captions on the television instead of mirrors.

in my theater we have these adujstable mirrors and you can put the end in the cup holder. and you can read captions because the captions are read backwards. so the mirror helps you read it the right way.but i find the captions on the mirror makes my eyes dizzy alot. I'm used to reading captions on the television instead of mirrors.

That's the RWC (Rear Window Captioning).

This week as Tuesday, I went to the movie called "The Strangers" with
my aunt and my sister. They have RWC captioning. I liked that captioning,
I am happy with the captioning did not went to disappearing during between this movie from last time! :) But, a few or last year had problem with RWC captioning such as: Chocolate Factory and Poseidon from that years ago because missing
captioning during between movie. Dang it! Oh well.

That's the RWC (Rear Window Captioning).

Ohh so thats what they call it..RWC..hmm. I gotta learn more about the theaters captioning. The RWC made me dizzy one time. I guess because I wasn't used to it. But i pefer the captioning to be on television..oh well

Back