My future CI plan

Finally! It's good news!

I got a called from ENT for CI appointment on April 14th. Yayayaya!!!!! What I will do at first step??? Please help me! I want to learn from your experience at first day at CI appointment. Please give me a tip. :ty:

Have you research pro and con?
You know how much time to training what is sound of words?
Any risk in sport with CI? Still can't use scuba.
That's why I still enjoy snow ski, lacrosse, snorkel and scuba.

I know 3 people got CI. I won't say good news or bad news.

Wish you good luck.

Wish you good luck.

Actually that is incorrect. I am an advanced scuba diver and this was one of my concerns. Cochlear Co. did testing up to 99 feet (which is WAY more than divers usually go) but my surgeon wants me to be on the safe side and go no deeper than 66 feet (3 atm), which is perfectly fine by me! :)

Daredevel.... Thank you for information. I know one of other my friend (has CI) gave up his hobby as scuba because can't go deep than 15 feet. Yes, we are very sad for one of our best friend. That's why we learned his experience (before and after). I prefer not discuss about this subject.

Daredevel.... Thank you for information. I know one of other my friend (has CI) gave up his hobby as scuba because can't go deep than 15 feet. Yes, we are very sad for one of our best friend. I prefer not discuss about this subject.

Alright, that's cool. That sucks about your friend, though. Just making sure that people know that scuba diving is still possible with the CI.

That's why I still enjoy snow ski, lacrosse, snorkel and scuba.

Wish you good luck.

It hasn't stopped me from skiing, Scuba dive, snorkelling!!! I even ride horses, sail boats.

Like daredevel7 said it only goes to certian depth. I don't go that deep anyway i go at 25 feet thats all.

I got a called from ENT for CI appointment on April 14th. Yayayaya!!!!! What I will do at first step??? Please help me! I want to learn from your experience at first day at CI appointment. Please give me a tip. :ty:

Hey pinks, thats fantastic!!! phew... Umm.. Keep your expecations low, no high hopes. Good luck

That's great, Pinky! I'm so happy for you! Anytime you have questions about CIs, feel free to send me a PM. :D

HA, Thank you. I will ask you the questions at PM or email.

Overthepond, I will ask you the question on MSN IM

Darkrage, I don't really play in any sports. It's not my things to do. But I like to do jogging and swimming for work out that all. I am interesting into music and arts.

To CI or not to CI is a personal choice, not right for all. If that is road you have chosen, than those that don't agree should just accept that fact and move on. Good luck with your plan Pinky. I hope it all works out for you. As others have said, when you go for you eval, make sure they know that you are not expecting too much. If you plan for the worst, but hope for the best, you can't go wrong...:fingersx:

To CI or not to CI is a personal choice, not right for all. If that is road you have chosen, than those that don't agree should just accept that fact and move on. Good luck with your plan Pinky. I hope it all works out for you. As others have said, when you go for you eval, make sure they know that you are not expecting too much. If you plan for the worst, but hope for the best, you can't go wrong...:fingersx:

Thank you! Let me tell you. I have been go different ENT doctors in my whole life. They suggest me get CI when I was 7 or 8 years old. I didn't want to. Until I was 18, the doctor offered me to get CI. I told him I was against CI. I made a wrong decide to get hearing aids. When I moved back to my hometown from other city in 2000. I had a sinus surgery. Then I got a new hearing aids from VR bought it for me. The ENT doctor offered me to get CI in 2000 and 2004. Now, I changed my mind and want to get CI for my new life. I want to hear! :) I hope it's good candidate.

"Don't try too hard" is my only tip for your evaluation. Do not guess at what you are hearing in the sound booth. Raise your hand only when you actually hear the sound, and only repeat words/sentences if you actually understand them. I mimicked a lot and this made insurance said I hear too well with my 90 decibels hearing loss in one ear. I have to wait six months to get re-tested so I can go for insurance approval. At least this way I will be eight months post-activation with my other ear (110 decibels loss) and I will have an idea of whether I want to be bilateral right away or wait.

"Don't try too hard" is my only tip for your evaluation. Do not guess at what you are hearing in the sound booth. Raise your hand only when you actually hear the sound, and only repeat words/sentences if you actually understand them. I mimicked a lot and this made insurance said I hear too well with my 90 decibels hearing loss in one ear. I have to wait six months to get re-tested so I can go for insurance approval. At least this way I will be eight months post-activation with my other ear (110 decibels loss) and I will have an idea of whether I want to be bilateral right away or wait.

No I don't guess. I have 110db since in 2004. I will go to appointment for candidate. How long do you have been implanted?

I have been activated for two months now. I wanted to start speech therapy too but I do not hear enough at this time to benefit from speech therapy.

I have been activated for two months now. I wanted to start speech therapy too but I do not hear enough at this time to benefit from speech therapy.

Really? In my hometown have a new build for ENT with speech therapy near the hospital campus. It take me there about 6 min drive. It not bad. My mom in the law will pay me a speech therapy. I have a friend who is a speech therapy suggest me go to ENT for CI with speech therapy. I was alike okay. Don't you mind can we talk on PM?

This post makes #49 for me. I think one more and I have ability to PM? I checked the FAQ but I was not able to verify. Certainly we can talk. I updated my profile to include YM if you want that option also. Send me a private message and I will try to have a conversation without too much technical difficulty.

This post makes #49 for me. I think one more and I have ability to PM? I checked the FAQ but I was not able to verify. Certainly we can talk. I updated my profile to include YM if you want that option also. Send me a private message and I will try to have a conversation without too much technical difficulty.

Maybe 50 to 100 posts to open the private message. Yeah, I have Yahoo messenger.

Back