Music being signed.

Do you like Music to be signed on Youtube?

• Yes- But only if it is in ASL form.

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Yes- I like ALL music in Sign Language even if it is wrong.

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • No-I do not like it

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • No- Because people call it ASL when it is SEE or something else.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
I also love Keith Wann in Honky Tonk badonkadonk, and in My Savior. In honky tonk, he almost loses his watch.. hahaha! I like his asl style. There are lots of good signers, and the one that Missus sent the link for is great.

Wow how rude :ugh: what if there were small children signing in SEE, and having people fell asleep on them must would have hurt their feeling. *smh*

it is because SEE does not make sense in sign language. i would go zzzzzzzzzzz too.

but for the children, i would try my best and keep awake, and give them a big hands wave when they finish!

I supposed I'm the only deaf person who does not care which form of sign language is used in songs rather in Pidgin, Sign Exact English, or ASL. They're all beautiful language. ;)

that is awesome. you are entitled to your opinion.

BUT....pidgin and SEE are NOT considered languages.

I've only seen a few YouTube songs in ASL....mainly I've watched songs at Church in ASL....which left me so "confused"...because the "exact" word is not signed correctly....Just a "made up sign" or a sign with basically the same meaning.....(Hope you catch my drift here!)

I do feel that if all deafies would sign each word as it is written correctly, the language barrier would be much better....as some deafies, I cannot understand what they are trying to say or write.

here is a personal favorite:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKnF9CCYQPQ]YouTube - D-PAN: Waiting on the World to Change[/ame]

I've only seen a few YouTube songs in ASL....mainly I've watched songs at Church in ASL....which left me so "confused"...because the "exact" word is not signed correctly....Just a "made up sign" or a sign with basically the same meaning.....(Hope you catch my drift here!)

I do feel that if all deafies would sign each word as it is written correctly, the language barrier would be much better....as some deafies, I cannot understand what they are trying to say or write.

question: are you fluent in ASL? if not, that is probably why it is so confusing for you. or, maybe the interpreter or person signing the song, is not a fluent ASL user.

it is because SEE does not make sense in sign language. i would go zzzzzzzzzzz too.

Every word in the song would be signed. I never understood ASL in songs, it doesn't even make no sense to me, It's like figuring out a song in English in my own head. But, I don't get bored, I always respect deaf people's signing methods whatever they use. ;)

We can!

Check this out. This video is very touching and emotional.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKnF9CCYQPQ]YouTube - D-PAN: Waiting on the World to Change[/ame]

copy cat. i posted this in another thread by CBE. lol.
this song is one of my favs.

Love this vid! Teacher showed it in ASL class a couple weeks ago. though I'd seen a while before. Doesn't get much better than D-PAN! My favorite is the "Where'd You Go?" video. Great signing. Great song.

Awesome! That little girl is such cutie pie! Made me smile when she giggled! :)

Mod note:

Thread merged.

Back