Mother shoots both teenage children. Tampa, Fla.

I saw that on new i did not know what for now i read this Oh wow what a pity just don't understand how did she raise her children after all those year so sorry to hear that .... it shame.

very tragic....
sadly, this is not first one I've heard of

I believe she is undergoing a mental evaluation to determine if she is fit to stand trial. Of course if she outright admitted to it, there's no reason for a trial. Just enter a guilty plea, serve life sentence and go on. However I have a feeling she will be released in a few years just as the mother that drowned her 5 kids in the bathtub. After a google search the name of the mother that drowned her five children was Andrea Yates of Texas. She was released on appeal by reason of insanity to a mental hospital.

I believe she is undergoing a mental evaluation to determine if she is fit to stand trial. Of course if she outright admitted to it, there's no reason for a trial. Just enter a guilty plea, serve life sentence and go on. However I have a feeling she will be released in a few years just as the mother that drowned her 5 kids in the bathtub. After a google search the name of the mother that drowned her five children was Andrea Yates of Texas. She was released on appeal by reason of insanity to a mental hospital.

As she should have been.

She should still have that mental evaluation regardless of whether or not she enters a plea of guilty.

I'm surprised no one said drugs yet. Reading the article shows that she may have been doing drugs.

social moral breakdown, her kids drove her nuts?? dunno...

She should still have that mental evaluation regardless of whether or not she enters a plea of guilty.

I have no doubt the court will probate her for a 90 day evaluation and observation.

I'm surprised no one said drugs yet. Reading the article shows that she may have been doing drugs.

Yep. But drug use is just a symptom of deeper problems. In fact, most cases of dissociative disorders are comorbid with a diagnosis of substance abuse first. Have to get the drugs and/or alcohol out of the system for awhile before the actual issue comes to light.

Yep. But drug use is just a symptom of deeper problems. In fact, most cases of dissociative disorders are comorbid with a diagnosis of substance abuse first. Have to get the drugs and/or alcohol out of the system for awhile before the actual issue comes to light.

True, but can't the extremeness of the action be contributed by drugs?

The only thing that seems kinda planned is that she got a gun 5 days earlier.

Regardless, effed up.

True, but can't the extremeness of the action be contributed by drugs?

The only thing that seems kinda planned is that she got a gun 5 days earlier.

Regardless, effed up.

Yes, particularly in the case of a psychosis or a dissociative disorder. Substance abuse is frequently comorbid with these conditions.

Back