Minnesota/ Mpls

BGMay

Reaction score
Hello Forums,

I have recently signed up for alldeaf.com. I was wondering if there's anyone that lives in Minnesota that is actually Deaf or hoh. I've been living here for 27 years and never seen much if any Deaf or hoh people. Although I was mainstreamed maybe that being the case, but have been born with hearing loss as well as half of my family which are hoh or deaf, with little or no knowledge of ASL. I have been learning sign langauge for almost 2 years now, Cheers!

Billy M

Hello, I know that AlleyCat is from MN and I am from Iowa, although I guess that is not that close. But there have to be several people here from your state.

I am from the Twin Cities area. I am HOH - LDA. My ASL is weak.

Oh really that's great, I live in the South Minneapolis area. I am as well hoh. Would you like to chat more saywhatkid?

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum, BGMAY!! I used to live in Minneapolis, Minnesota for mainstream schools like elementary and high school many years ago. Also I used to live in the bush (woodland) north of Brainerd, but dread to go into the city for oral method in the mainstream schools with no interpreters and no sign language back then. :( I left in th early 1970 to move in New Mexico. Now I am in Canada because of my ancestors that have lived here in Ontario for hundred and hundred of years.

Anyway, I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Welcome! I live just a little bit north of Minneapolis. Hope you're enjoying AD!

That's cool AlleyCat, I am in the Southern Minneapolis area. Not very far from the Mall of America actually. Yes I have been enjoying alldeaf.com I actually found this site a long time ago, just never registered until now. Smiles

You know Billy Minnesota has a large deaf population, have you ever heard of Thompson Hall (deaf club)? There are quite a few other places that people meet we check out www.tcdeaf.com. Har Mar Mall in Roseville like every Friday except around holidays a deaf group meets and helps those who want to learn as well. Hopefully this is helpful.

RachEggert, who is one of our Deaf-Blind members is from Minn.
There actually is a lot of stuff out there.....contact the Deaf Schools, like Minnisota Academy for the Deaf and North Star Academy. They may have resources and info.

Hello Forums,

I have recently signed up for alldeaf.com. I was wondering if there's anyone that lives in Minnesota that is actually Deaf or hoh. I've been living here for 27 years and never seen much if any Deaf or hoh people. Although I was mainstreamed maybe that being the case, but have been born with hearing loss as well as half of my family which are hoh or deaf, with little or no knowledge of ASL. I have been learning sign langauge for almost 2 years now, Cheers!

Billy M

I used to live in Saint Cloud, MN but I moved to Texas in 2006.

Back