Making a nursery for the arrival of my son

She was initially put on cervidil and dilated to 1 cm (yesterday) and this morning was put on pitocin. They took her off of pitocin about 4 p.m. and put her back on cervidil. She is still at 1 cm and TJ is still stubborn.

They told her if he isn't born by tmw morning - she may need a C-section. She is nervous and worrying. (They shouldn't have told her that IMHO). I crawled into her hospital bed with her and fell sound asleep. It took 4 nurses to wake me up :giggle:

It is all so overwhelming to take, sorry this is difficult for you both. Regardless of how he comes out you will both be relieved and so excited. I think that is a good decision on your doctors part to do a c-section. I know it is very scary but your wife is getting too tired to deal with labor and pushing most likely. I'm glad you both got some sleep. Best of luck with sleeping tonight. TJ will be here soon.........

He is finally here. He is absolutely, and stunningly beautiful. :aw:

My wife is doing well. She didn't think she could do it - but she did.

So worth the wait, right? Glad he finally arrived, enjoy!!

Congrats.. now you're a proud daddy! :thumb:

Yes, well worth the wait. And seeing my wife this way is super awesome. Super super awesome.

When I held my son for the first time, and he opened his eyes and saw me. I can't describe it.

They told her if he isn't born by tmw morning - she may need a C-section. She is nervous and worrying. (They shouldn't have told her that IMHO). I crawled into her hospital bed with her and fell sound asleep. It took 4 nurses to wake me up :giggle:

I bet you where pretending to be sound asleep so you could get all that attention from 4 nurses.

Congrats! how much does he weight ? Please post some photos when you have time to.

Yes, well worth the wait. And seeing my wife this way is super awesome. Super super awesome.

When I held my son for the first time, and he opened his eyes and saw me. I can't describe it.

I know what you mean , that happen to me when I held my baby for the first time. And when the nurse took her away to weight her etc , I missed her so much. I forgot about all the pain and yelling I just been through .

TJ and mommy are doing well. She may be released tmw or Sunday. I am at home checking on the dogs.

TJ met his cousins and Aunts today, his grandparents yesterday, and his great grandparents will maybe meet him on Sunday.

My baby sister had her baby last week, and she was able to bring her to the hospital (and against the STRONGEST recommendations from Hospital staff) to meet TJ.

Its going to be awesome they are cousins and a week apart.

The hospital staff tried to convince my sister in law to also not bring her kids - to no avail. The women in my family are strong willed.

Congrats, Sorry I missed this earlier... Wheres the pics of that beautiful baby?

When my son was born they had to induce my wife as well as she was already 2 weeks late. She dialated fine, but his heartbeat went up and down and they were concerned with that.... They told me it would be awhile before anything happens so my wife told me to go get something to eat (her mom and best friend were there) so I ran down the road for a quick bite to bring back. I was only gone for about 10 minutes and when I got back she was crying, Her best friend caught me in the hall and told me the doc came in and had her push and when she did his heatbeat would nearly stop so they said emergency c section...Im like WTF? now mind you my wife seen me and knew I was there, so Im in the hall wolfing down my meal real quick then I rush in, she didn't know I already knew but also thought I didn't care, why is beyond me... so doc comes in and I tell them Im going in with her, so they bring me all the garbs to wear and I change. She was scared out of her wits, it is a odd feeling in surgery, and I took pics even of the open C-section, (she wont look at those) but I thought it was cool, I just love blood and gore...lol What was the problem was my son had the umbilical cord wrapped tightly around his neck, so every time she pushed his heartrate would drop, plus he was not coming down the birth canal either... so this was her worst birth and she doesn't want to go through this again.

We are all home now. They released us since TJ is healthy. I didn't know that hospitals observe ....everything....new parents do while in the hospital. I think its good. It prevents a child going home to an abusive environment IMHO. They also put a bracelet around the baby, and if the baby goes near the elevator, or the bracelet is cut, the entire hospital goes on lock down. We knew about the car seat. We bought one but had to bring it in to show we were competent. They also had to watch me strap little TJ in the car before they let us go. This is required by State law.

I would love to post pictures ... and I will at some point .. but my wife told me not now.

Back