Looking for schooling program

Tenshi-Hime

Reaction score
I do not know where to look or anything.

I really want to work with animals in a local college not far to travel.

Does anyone know where I can look to get schooling program that help pay for education since I really don't have the money.

I wanted to go to PSU but money was too much and I did not finish community college of allegheny county.

I know there is one member here who is a vet tech and I think there is another one here too.

can you help me.

Angel

What about going to your state's VR (vocational rehab) center and getting some info about schooling, scholarships, grants, or even student loans?

I dont know much about the schools in the WV area. Good luck!!!

What about going to your state's VR (vocational rehab) center and getting some info about schooling, scholarships, grants, or even student loans?

I dont know much about the schools in the WV area. Good luck!!!

I will take a look in that. I will be calling my audiologist tomorrow with my email address and she can talk to my old OVR case worker Chuck Metz and see if he can get me something. Student loans may be hard for me to accept at the moment but hey you never know.

Thank you. I don't know why I did not think of that.

Also, you may want to check with your local community college(s) or in a larger city nearby if you're presently in a small town/city that doesn't have one, sometimes, they have these courses spread out, such as night courses, etc...that might be reasonable to work with and for your budget as well. However, checking with your local VR is probably your best option to try first. Hope you'll find what you're looking for and succeed. ;)

~RR

Also, you may want to check with your local community college(s) or in a larger city nearby if you're presently in a small town/city that doesn't have one, sometimes, they have these courses spread out, such as night courses, etc...that might be reasonable to work with and for your budget as well. However, checking with your local VR is probably your best option to try first. Hope you'll find what you're looking for and succeed. ;)

~RR

Thank you RR,

I have always wanted to work with animals. My grandfather incouraged me, he passed away in 97 and I pretty much gave up at that point.

I was going to try my best to get into PSU (Penn State U) but tuition is expensive. I know that Pgh has a technical school for vet tech programs. They are very good as well too.

*off-topic*

Notices that you have Jerome Bettis aka 'The Bus' in your avator, also, you must like the Steelers...if so....alrighty! :D 'Cuz, that's my team, the team I root for. ;)

~RR

*off-topic*

Notices that you have Jerome Bettis aka 'The Bus' in your avator, also, you must like the Steelers...if so....alrighty! :D 'Cuz, that's my team, the team I root for. ;)

~RR

Oh yeah, I am a hard core Steeler fan. Also Big Ben is in there too. lol. I was born and raised in pgh until we recently moved to weirton.

One other thing I have the bus's auto graph too. My dad was a cop then and he asked him to be at his party to prevent any trouble. so my dad told him that his daughter(me) loved him and wanted his auto graph. One other thing that I miss is that I had one of those foam bus hat things. Well bettis side kick before he left the Steelers gave my dad the hat. I had it for so long but it got ruined.

You can try vocational rehabilitation (VR) support. I think every state has one.

You can also do Pell Grant.

Usually, the financial aid office at that college can help you with that. :thumb:

The first step to getting financial aid of any kind for college is to go online at fafsa.com and fill out the paper work. This is the Federal Application for Student Aid. All colleges use the information from this to determine eligibility and awards. If you already have this finished before you start contacting colleges, you will be one step ahead, and won't reun into so many delays with your financial aid.

The first step to getting financial aid of any kind for college is to go online at fafsa.com and fill out the paper work. This is the Federal Application for Student Aid. All colleges use the information from this to determine eligibility and awards. If you already have this finished before you start contacting colleges, you will be one step ahead, and won't reun into so many delays with your financial aid.

Thank you for the link, I have not done that at all either.

Help with college

Filling out for fafsa is the best thing to do first. More then likely you will get SOMETHING!! Unlike me who for some reason makes to much money and honestly I don't see the money... lol. But if that doesn't work try filling out some scholarships at fastweb.com You could try Vocational schools kind of like ITT tech (If they have those) the vocational schools usually are shorter and concentrate on what the actual job is instead of taking math and english and all of that and are some times cheaper.

And as a last resort.. do studen loans. Try going through your bank for lower interest rates and studen loans you don't have to pay back UNTIL you are out of college.

Hope this helps.

*smile*:giggle:

Filling out for fafsa is the best thing to do first. More then likely you will get SOMETHING!! Unlike me who for some reason makes to much money and honestly I don't see the money... lol. But if that doesn't work try filling out some scholarships at fastweb.com You could try Vocational schools kind of like ITT tech (If they have those) the vocational schools usually are shorter and concentrate on what the actual job is instead of taking math and english and all of that and are some times cheaper.

And as a last resort.. do studen loans. Try going through your bank for lower interest rates and studen loans you don't have to pay back UNTIL you are out of college.

Hope this helps.

*smile*:giggle:

Thank you this helps.

I have told my hubby about this and all. He supports me 100 percent. He says try and see what I can do first before student loans. So I am going to try all of above and call my old OVR worker and my audologist.

I will take a look in that. I will be calling my audiologist tomorrow with my email address and she can talk to my old OVR case worker Chuck Metz and see if he can get me something. Student loans may be hard for me to accept at the moment but hey you never know.

Thank you. I don't know why I did not think of that.

Chuck Metz is going to retire next month. Carla Hill is another OVR who handles Allegheny County area.

Chuck Metz is going to retire next month. Carla Hill is another OVR who handles Allegheny County area.

Oh wow, I did not realize that he has been with ovr for long time. lol I have known him since I think 94 or 95.

Oh wow, I did not realize that he has been with ovr for long time. lol I have known him since I think 94 or 95.

Yeah.. OVR is going to hire someone to replace Chuck. Carla is still working.

Back