Looking for a story...

brookie820

Reaction score
I am a college student trying to throw together a last minute project on the Deaf. I need a story that is suitable for children (age 8 or so) about what it is like to be Deaf. (preferably from the point of view of a Deaf child).

I have been searching for something I could just print off of the internet, but I can't find anything useful.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I don't know whether you're Deaf yourself or not, but what I do is go back in time, and try to remember what it's like being Deaf as a kid. For instance, I have typed a small story on this forum of what my life like being "Deaf", and the URL can be found here: http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?threadid=704

If that's not enough, then hopefully others are willing to share their stories about what it was like being Deaf as a kid.

Let me know if I can be of assistance. Good luck.

When I was 8 yrs old. I have no clue why I am deaf. Everything are quiet. Everything is slient. Only the visual of everything I look and look more than normal children talk and talk. Of course, while I wear hearing aids, I hear lot lot of crazy immature noise level in the caferica room and outside. I keep myself quite - sometime play with someone when I feel like I want to be part of them. Neverless, I was always lonely children.

I was motived learn in math, art, history and science than rather learn other such as english and PE.

Back