Just exhausted!!

rebeccalj

Reaction score
Do you ever have time in your schedule for work where you have to be there over hours? I have been working 7 days a week for 5 weeks now and I am exhausted. I am also sick which do not help. Do anyone else have times like that? Where you need to work long hour? I want to run away. :giggle: Calgon!!

When I had a full-time job, I also had a weekend job, so I worked 7 days a week for about 8 months. I dunno how I survived that! :)

It has taught me that it's possible to hold down two jobs but overall, it's not really viable because you must have a balance when it comes to your personal live.

I hope you'll get well soon. Take some Vitamin C and try and sleep more, if possible.

Cheers

When I was working as CEO of my company back in 1998, I have been working almost 70 hours per week to keep the company running, you know marketing and getting more clients and such. I lost weight, not eating right and I get sick more often. My weight noramlly around 160 to 165 lbs, then dwindle down to 140 lbs. Then the doctor order me to quit this company because of my serious fatique. My ex wife (CFO) and I agree to close down the company. It's really hard and competitive to run. So, working many hours and little sleep is not healthy.
So, I finally regain my health for almost 1 years and landed a new job. It just that I was completely overlook myself of what I'm doing, just basically so focus on running the business and not taking care of myself.

So, it's really important to have a break and take care of yourself and I hope you will get better soon!

Seems to re enforce what my user name has mentioned many times-are you your own best friend/how do you take care of yourself-health wise?

Implanted Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

Do you ever have time in your schedule for work where you have to be there over hours? I have been working 7 days a week for 5 weeks now and I am exhausted. I am also sick which do not help. Do anyone else have times like that? Where you need to work long hour? I want to run away. :giggle: Calgon!!

Is it worth risking your health? A few years ago I worked almost 77 hours a week while ill and needed to be hospitalized. Never again.

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

I used to work 2 jobs covering the full work at times, peaked 62 hours in a week.

When I was a computer operator in the late 70's, I worked between 72 and 90 hours a week. Every week. For a year. No holidays.

I used to work 40 hours during the week as a teacher, 40 hours on the weekend at a group home in addition to being a single mom for 3 years.

That kind of exhaustion and stress lead me to have heart problems and a few trips to the hospital. One time being a week long!

I understand, right now I work 6 days a week and there have been times I've worked up to three jobs at once putting in close to 90-95 total working hours per week. Those were hell. I was exhausted 90% of the time but I did what I had to do. However, I wouldn't recommend doing this for very long, maybe just 6-9 months tops. When I did this my weight would plummet from 135 to around 105-110. Just not enough time to take care of myself properly.

If you are sick, perhaps you should ask your boss for a relief on weekends so you can have at least a couple of days to rest?

Is it worth risking your health? A few years ago I worked almost 77 hours a week while ill and needed to be hospitalized. Never again.

I know what you mean but there is no other option right now. The *only* saving grace is that as consultant I am paid hourly and my fee is high.:giggle:

I am hopeful that by first week of April it will settle down to my normal 21-35 hours per week. By August it will be time for vacation.

I know what you mean but there is no other option right now. The *only* saving grace is that as consultant I am paid hourly and my fee is high.:giggle:

I am hopeful that by first week of April it will settle down to my normal 21-35 hours per week. By August it will be time for vacation.

If I may ask, what kind of consulting do you do?

If I may ask, what kind of consulting do you do?

I am a profressional account and I have nickname of Financial Firefighter. Means I put out financial fires and/or help businesses solve their financial problems. When I took over a little over a year ago they were, on paper, bankrupt. Now they have close to $1 million in term deposits and showed a nice profit this past year.

Yeah, that would be considered overtime just a century ago. Two centuries ago about 25 hours a week was considered full time. Something like that.

a century ago? what do you mean??? what year is it now??? :confused:

I only do 40 hours 5 days a week and THAT tires me out. Weird how differences in hours people can deal with

Back