ISP username and password?

farewell65

LOL at Homer Simpson
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bought new laptop last week and received yesterday... Cannot access internet and it would need ISP username and password, where can I find it? From my internet provider? My internet provider is Verizon DSL, so call them or what?

DSL do need user and password. Put your full email from Verizon in "USER" and you should know what your password for email so put in "password"

Ah, I dont use Verizon's email, so I use other email acct or must be Verizon's acct?

Just put Verizon's email as login for internet. That's all you need. You still check other email.

Ok, I will try ask my sub landlord abt this cuz he is handling with Verizon DSL while me not...

I bought new laptop last week and received yesterday... Cannot access internet and it would need ISP username and password, where can I find it? From my internet provider? My internet provider is Verizon DSL, so call them or what?

where did you bought from?. Normal brand new they don't set up username and password. Till you set it up all username and password. But you bought it and now you are stuck with it????? hope not thief from other owner. maybe I am wrong.

where did you bought from?. Normal brand new they don't set up username and password. Till you set it up all username and password. But you bought it and now you are stuck with it????? hope not thief from other owner. maybe I am wrong.

Cable don't need user and password. DSL won't work internet without user and password.

Cable don't need user and password. DSL won't work internet without user and password.

that mean he bought brand new then try hook up connection online? that what he mean?. then yes have to call them.

I check internet router and someone unhook my modem cable line, ah thats explain and its working now...

that mean he bought brand new then try hook up connection online? that what he mean?. then yes have to call them.

Yea, I did call Verizon for ISP username and password just in case

After I called Verizon for ISP username and password, still cannot access internet, then I checked internet router box and someone plug off my modem internet line (I am not sure what is it), so I plug it on and now internet is working fine... I am sorry if I made confuse u

This is cable modem.

This is DSL modem and it use phone line.
cat5_2modem.jpg

Let you to know.

if you have DSL customer, make sure you put DSL filter put all telephone, answering machine, fax, dial-up modem and TTY/TDD. do not put filter on DSL modem. If you got problem with login access you have to call tech support to solve the techical problem.

I am former BellSouth Fastacess DSL Ultra customer. Currently I use Comcast cable modem.

Back