I'm sad and missed CI-user members at AD

I stopped coming to AD for a few years because of the deaf dude (stem cell proponent guy).
I am hoping to get a CI but I don't want stem cell treatment. I want the ability to turn off the noise and just be deaf.

I miss Rockdrummer, and Pinky too. She got picked on so much that it wasn't much fun for her here.

Yeah... I still remember some another members did call her "idiot", "fucktard", or "stupid", but some sentences were really nasty toward her than mere bad words. I don't blame her for left this forum... I miss some old members, too.

But, it kinda nice to see how change AllDeaf is.

When I get my CI I have no intentions of leaving :) I have the post whore club to make ;) lol

I won't leave either except when medical school takes up all my time...which is often. But when I get my CI I will still be deaf and I will still have ASL AND English as my first languages. I was lucky enough to learn them at the same time when my hearing was better

I won't leave either except when medical school takes up all my time...which is often. But when I get my CI I will still be deaf and I will still have ASL AND English as my first languages. I was lucky enough to learn them at the same time when my hearing was better
you learn ASL? wow!!! I am surprised!! you should be important to skills important to encourage to wise on ASL communication to Deaf community! I advise to you ASL social people!

don't be lose on your sign language forget it If suppose you forget it I am pretty you can able to communication sign language!

I haven't posted much on your threads, but I've really appreciated all that you've shared (and felt for you during the hard times). I think it's important for newcomers with similar situations who are interested in CIs to read what you've experienced, both good and bad things. That's why I miss some of these people who've gone off to FB and blogs, too -- they each gave a unique perspective to their journeys. But why do you say you didn't have a choice, Angel -- that seems terrible, I thought you made the decision under your own free will?

I suspect she means that since she didn't know ASL she felt she needed to try to regain some hearing to cope. Plus the hope that the CI would help with the tinnitus.

I suspect she means that since she didn't know ASL she felt she needed to try to regain some hearing to cope. Plus the hope that the CI would help with the tinnitus.

Sorry, but I answered her question under my thread "CI surgery approved today".
I had serious brain issues still after my illness and the noises were brutal. I could not function, so I was offered a CI and was told it would help. The day my insurance approved the CI, my surgery was just 12 days later. Happened all so quick. CI has definitely improved the untolerable noises. Still have tinnitus but things are getting better.

When I get my CI I have no intentions of leaving :) I have the post whore club to make ;) lol

HA. I d love to hear the details of your experience before and after with CI. Just like what my hubs was telling me that he couldnt hear our (former) three cats, with his old HA. Then He first got CI and went straight and listen to cats voices. He recognized each of them have different tones! How neat.

Sorry, but I answered her question under my thread "CI surgery approved today".
I had serious brain issues still after my illness and the noises were brutal. I could not function, so I was offered a CI and was told it would help. The day my insurance approved the CI, my surgery was just 12 days later. Happened all so quick. CI has definitely improved the untolerable noises. Still have tinnitus but things are getting better.

My hub has a serious tinnitus since he was a toddler. He was told to GET a CI to reduce his tinnitus. Unfortunatly, at first he thought it did, but he gets too use to CI and notice tinnitus more and more. He said, it's kind of getting worse for him. I suspect that if he uses the sound that wakes his tinnitus up. If He turns the sound off then tinnitus get quieter. I can see that he takes his CI off sometimes when he is not at work. He learned ASL at age 18 as he felt that he needs ASL in his life. Of course he feels that he does not sign smooth but I understand him fine.

HA. I d love to hear the details of your experience before and after with CI. Just like what my hubs was telling me that he couldnt hear our (former) three cats, with his old HA. Then He first got CI and went straight and listen to cats voices. He recognized each of them have different tones! How neat.

I can't wait to get the CI and start banging on everything! I also plan on going to the museum of nature because they have a sounds section! Lol I can't wait I'm gonna be like such a kid :p

Unfortunately I am one of those stay away people due to so much bashing, bullying and nitpicking. I am tired of coming here to see arguments/negative posts and comments when we all should be supporting each other. Good thing at the moment is I am focusing on my life as I am really busy and have better things to do. I am here as a lurker, I read posts once every few days when I have time I might post a comment or two but that's all.

Back