I'm HoH, learning ASL and looking for friends :D

I've plenty of horse pictures from all those road trips from Illinois to Arkansas to visit my uncle on farm as I was growing up. It has been 14 years since I was last in Arkansas.

That's good that you were able to be around horses at a young age. Too many people are scared of them simply because they are misunderstood and large.

-Marie

I live in Houston, and love it! However, I love my summers in the hill country :)

Thank you, I'm quite find of our valleys! For me sunrises all day until sunset is just awesome :D especially in the summer.
I completely agree with you on how people are "rearing" children anymore. Even adults bully and it's not right at all.
Hahaha that's pretty funny and the opposite of mine. People amaze me on how they think and it's. It always in a good way. Every few years the schools would test everyone's eyes, ears, hight, weight, etc. and it was always them sayin I'm "just fine" and I simply don't pay attention enough in class yeah ok...

-Marie

Yeah, valleys are awesome, except for the Death Valley, CA in which the temperatures can reach 130 degrees!

Yeah, it is true there are grown ups who bully and they do so because there's a little child stuck in a grown up body.

I just analyzed your username. You like sugar canes huh?

I live in Houston, and love it! However, I love my summers in the hill country :)

I hated living in Houston because it is a metropolis and it can be very humid at times. It was nice when I could get away from Houston for a few days by driving down to Galveston.

Yeah, valleys are awesome, except for the Death Valley, CA in which the temperatures can reach 130 degrees!

Yeah, it is true there are grown ups who bully and they do so because there's a little child stuck in a grown up body.

I just analyzed your username. You like sugar canes huh?

I love the summer heat but I'll agree that 130°F is just far too much! Again I'll agree with you, some people never grow up. It's just sad really :/
I'm from Louisiana and one of my favorite things to do was munch right of the stock while walking through the fields. My Pawpaw used to say I was sweeter than sugar came and it just stuck :) Have you ever had any?

-Marie

I love the summer heat but I'll agree that 130°F is just far too much! Again I'll agree with you, some people never grow up. It's just sad really :/
I'm from Louisiana and one of my favorite things to do was munch right of the stock while walking through the fields. My Pawpaw used to say I was sweeter than sugar came and it just stuck :) Have you ever had any?

-Marie

Yes, anything over 100°F can be too much, especially here in Texas where it is very humid in some areas. A couple of years ago in the month of August, there was a heat wave that lasted a couple of weeks! Ew!

That's cool you are originally from Louisiana as they have really good Cajun food! Lip-smacking food! Yum! I can't say I ever ate sugar canes.

Yes, anything over 100°F can be too much, especially here in Texas where it is very humid in some areas. A couple of years ago in the month of August, there was a heat wave that lasted a couple of weeks! Ew!

That's cool you are originally from Louisiana as they have really good Cajun food! Lip-smacking food! Yum! I can't say I ever ate sugar canes.

I don't mind the humidity once I've been around it a couple weeks for adjusting. The heat I like up until 110°F or so :/ I know that must sound strange. I have a medical condition that makes it very difficult to regulate my own body temp. I'm like a lizard soaking up the rays each chance I get lmao
Not everyone from LA. is Cajun blood but I happen to be and you're correct we have some really good food! You should definitely try to get ahold of some sugar cane and see if you like it. I'm not saying it's the best thing ever, just saying it's pretty good worth a try

-Marie

I don't mind the humidity once I've been around it a couple weeks for adjusting. The heat I like up until 110°F or so :/ I know that must sound strange. I have a medical condition that makes it very difficult to regulate my own body temp. I'm like a lizard soaking up the rays each chance I get lmao
Not everyone from LA. is Cajun blood but I happen to be and you're correct we have some really good food! You should definitely try to get ahold of some sugar cane and see if you like it. I'm not saying it's the best thing ever, just saying it's pretty good worth a try

-Marie

What you said doesn't sound strange. I had an interpreter whose husband loved to be outside in extreme heat. He doesn't mind being covered in sweat due to spending hours under the scorching sun. That's funny in how you compared yourself to a lizard. It is good to spend at least 15 minutes outside to absorb sun rays because the skin needs a good amount of vitamin D.

I guess the next time I pass Louisiana, I'll have to scourge the area for a place that sells sugar canes. I just hope I don't get addicted to them! Ha.

What kind of job/career do you want in life or are already working towards obtaining?

What you said doesn't sound strange. I had an interpreter whose husband loved to be outside in extreme heat. He doesn't mind being covered in sweat due to spending hours under the scorching sun. That's funny in how you compared yourself to a lizard. It is good to spend at least 15 minutes outside to absorb sun rays because the skin needs a good amount of vitamin D.

I guess the next time I pass Louisiana, I'll have to scourge the area for a place that sells sugar canes. I just hope I don't get addicted to them! Ha.

What kind of job/career do you want in life or are already working towards obtaining?

Well that's good to hear for once! It's rare I meet someone that loves the heat and sun as I do. Once I build my house I'll be adding a large sun room so I can be spoiled during the cold weather as well haha
It shouldn't be very difficult to find some in stores down south. Get addicted my not be a good thing haha I don't know all the health facts about it in large quantities.
Sometime in the next 10 years I'd love to be able to have a working ranch again where I will board and green break fillies and foals. I know plenty already through growing up with 5 horses of our own but I still need schooling for my certificate.
What about you?

-Marie

Well that's good to hear for once! It's rare I meet someone that loves the heat and sun as I do. Once I build my house I'll be adding a large sun room so I can be spoiled during the cold weather as well haha
It shouldn't be very difficult to find some in stores down south. Get addicted my not be a good thing haha I don't know all the health facts about it in large quantities.
Sometime in the next 10 years I'd love to be able to have a working ranch again where I will board and green break fillies and foals. I know plenty already through growing up with 5 horses of our own but I still need schooling for my certificate.
What about you?

-Marie

I do love the sun because after all, there are so many benefits of light! However, heat and I do not mix...well, except for a hot tub! Ha! I want a house with many large windows, skylight windows, and a sun room. It is good to let natural light flood the house! :thumb:

That's awesome you want to have a working ranch where you can board horses. You should also have cabins that can be rented by people for when they are on vacation, newlyweds on their honeymoon, and so on. I am constantly making edits to a website for a guy who promotes the services that his ranch has. He has a really nice ranch according to the pictures!

As for me, if you didn't get the hint from the previous paragraph, I am a Web Developer and I love it!

I do love the sun because after all, there are so many benefits of light! However, heat and I do not mix...well, except for a hot tub! Ha! I want a house with many large windows, skylight windows, and a sun room. It is good to let natural light flood the house! :thumb:

That's awesome you want to have a working ranch where you can board horses. You should also have cabins that can be rented by people for when they are on vacation, newlyweds on their honeymoon, and so on. I am constantly making edits to a website for a guy who promotes the services that his ranch has. He has a really nice ranch according to the pictures!

As for me, if you didn't get the hint from the previous paragraph, I am a Web Developer and I love it!

Ahh yes, the beauty of skylights and bay windows!! I thought about having guest cabins but it's just not for me. Although there would be more money my true passions are horses and teaching. I'd prefer to just stick with training and boarding and maybe partner up with a cabin place to get guests deals. Sure sounds like you've got it goin on! I'm not very tech savvy but I'm a quick learner. I've tried diddling with making a web page before and it didn't go so well haha

-Marie

Ahh yes, the beauty of skylights and bay windows!! I thought about having guest cabins but it's just not for me. Although there would be more money my true passions are horses and teaching. I'd prefer to just stick with training and boarding and maybe partner up with a cabin place to get guests deals. Sure sounds like you've got it goin on! I'm not very tech savvy but I'm a quick learner. I've tried diddling with making a web page before and it didn't go so well haha

-Marie

Bay windows are awesome! Yeah, I see where your true passions lie. Horses are beautiful and I have rode horses a couple of times. I had a bad experience when I rode a horse for the first time and don't ask for details. Haha. I like the Palomino horse!

Yeah, building a website surely doesn't come easy for many. Building websites is just like real world architecture. There has to be a structure when building websites otherwise you will end up with a website that looks like the art of a third grader. Ha. Creating the front end of a website is not that difficult to learn. :)

Bay windows are awesome! Yeah, I see where your true passions lie. Horses are beautiful and I have rode horses a couple of times. I had a bad experience when I rode a horse for the first time and don't ask for details. Haha. I like the Palomino horse!

Yeah, building a website surely doesn't come easy for many. Building websites is just like real world architecture. There has to be a structure when building websites otherwise you will end up with a website that looks like the art of a third grader. Ha. Creating the front end of a website is not that difficult to learn. :)

I've had my fair share of bad experiences with a few horses. Mainly they were just scared or ill trained. Quarter horses are my favorite although I have had a palomino before. I applaud you for making out internet more enticing and less elementary! I'm glad someone else is doing it cause my work would leave the internet with no pink haha

-Marie

I've had my fair share of bad experiences with a few horses. Mainly they were just scared or ill trained. Quarter horses are my favorite although I have had a palomino before. I applaud you for making out internet more enticing and less elementary! I'm glad someone else is doing it cause my work would leave the internet with no pink haha

-Marie

Yeah, I am sure you probably had a bad experience with a horse that had such a wild spirit, right? :)

You had a Palomino before? Awesome.

"[The Internet] is elementary, My Dear Watson [while Web Programming is less elementary]!" Hahaha.

Yeah, I am sure you probably had a bad experience with a horse that had such a wild spirit, right? :)

You had a Palomino before? Awesome.

"[The Internet] is elementary, My Dear Watson [while Web Programming is less elementary]!" Hahaha.

Haha great reference!! I own the original black and whites actually

-Marie

Heck yeah I love rewarding them as a marathon.
Just one, aww. Ok France because of my rich heritage. What about you?

-Marie

Interesting! For me, it would be Italy because I studied the Ancient Roman culture as well as Latin. A lot of their culture is still present in America. Take the roads for an example. The Romans were the first to create paved roads and of course, this still lives on in America!

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. Are you both thinking of being together?? I thought that sugar cane were from Hawaii and also in Mexico. I did not know if Louisania have or had sugar cane there. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Back