I will ask Hearies for only one favour.....

Whoa! Awesome! It's short and sweet! I'm a hearie and I have to confess it took me some time to take those steps, as I was in a short denial period about my friend's deafness.

But now after one month since she came out I have to say I took all the steps and will continue do to so!

Becklack, you should get your acroym patented. $$$$$$$ :)

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

My brother *hates* CC on his TV. But every time I visit he turns it on and I NEVER asked or complained. I just wish I could get captions at the drive in movie theater. I think I might just post the STEPS idea at work for everyone to see. Thanks for sharing.

You have a very considerate brother.

I probably should invest in a more updated TV, but TV is not my first priority. I spend more time reading or watching streamed documentaries on the computer.

I don't even own a tv.

Wirelessly posted

I will ask Hearies for only one favour....

To take a STEP in my direction:

S - Sign
T - Text
E - Email
P - Pen and paper

I want to thank you for having profound effect on my life with just one post like this. :ty::ty::ty:

what about this

STEPontshirtjpg.jpg

any comments?
im getting mine made next week just a 1 off, well maybe 3 or 4 so i have spares when its in the washing and id wear it often this summer

im not so sure about 'right?' or right!? or right!, or leave it out
and also the easy as walking, well i was being slightly slightly sarcastic to the unwilling hearies
any comments ? really?...
i did it on powerpoint , using clear colour so its capturing attention...and not tooo plain a text... I dunno maybe the screenprinters have other or better ideas, does anyone have had experiences with 'printing deaf club/sport clubs t shirts for members? what do you know? just curious for anything might need to be aware off and no Beclak I dont wish to make money, i simply want to demonstrate to hearies what's my communication style and they should respect that

I don't even own a tv.

wow , how do you cope? being tv-less isnt that hard to keep up with the world? everybody have a tv, do you miss out on TV culture? do you miss out on the news? do you have to go to classes to learn TV-less culture? :giggle:

what about this one, (yes i been working on PP and had forgotten alot of things, as I NEVER use it)

foralldeaf.jpg

this is to go on my T-shirts and gonna have 3 or 4 made depending on how much it is going to cost to have these printed on

Is it weird if I think

Sign
Text
Email
Pen and Paper

U
P!

would look better? Or perhaps written horizontally? (Imagine the words Sign, Text, Email, Pen and paper going downwards.) "STEP UP!" EDIT: Fired up Powerpoint for a slightly better graphic of what I mean. I didn't put "I'm Deaf" on there, but I think any of the designs would look better with that on it.

Attachments

• stepup.png
    stepup.png
    58 KB · Views: 10
Is it weird if I think

Sign
Text
Email
Pen and Paper

U
P!

would look better? Or perhaps written horizontally? (Imagine the words Sign, Text, Email, Pen and paper going downwards.) "STEP UP!" EDIT: Fired up Powerpoint for a slightly better graphic of what I mean. I didn't put "I'm Deaf" on there, but I think any of the designs would look better with that on it.

nice, but its hard to read, it might work in 20 years time, after STEP has boomed...THEN its 'reinvented' with a way-more abstract artistic treatment, but for now , esp right now, it has to be simple, Bold and Clear with lots of impact...ALSO I do think we need to use 'im Deaf' so hearing people can start to make that connection - quickly...hence the impact is not lost

wow , how do you cope? being tv-less isnt that hard to keep up with the world? everybody have a tv, do you miss out on TV culture? do you miss out on the news? do you have to go to classes to learn TV-less culture? :giggle:

I use the Net for news. Most often I will go to CNN on the Net though I'll also go to other sites like BBC on the Web from time to time. Normally, I go to CNN just about everyday.

Right now I'm looking at news about the Reno, Nevada crash though I haven't yet picked up all the details.

I never was a big fan of TV watching and I have never really liked tv. When I do watch tv, it's usually cartoons of all the things!

Wirelessly posted

rebeccalj said:
Wirelessly posted

I will ask Hearies for only one favour....

To take a STEP in my direction:

S - Sign
T - Text
E - Email
P - Pen and paper

I want to thank you for having profound effect on my life with just one post like this. :ty::ty::ty:

:ty: It means a lot to me for you to say that. :hug:

Wirelessly posted

Grummer said:
im not so sure about 'right?' or right!? or right!, or leave it out
and also the easy as walking, well i was being slightly slightly sarcastic to the unwilling hearies
any comments ? really?...
i did it on powerpoint , using clear colour so its capturing attention...and not tooo plain a text... I dunno maybe the screenprinters have other or better ideas, does anyone have had experiences with 'printing deaf club/sport clubs t shirts for members? what do you know? just curious for anything might need to be aware off and no Beclak I dont wish to make money, i simply want to demonstrate to hearies what's my communication style and they should respect that

Grummer, I'm glad you're doing this. It all for one and one for all!

Wirelessly posted

Grummer said:
what about this one, (yes i been working on PP and had forgotten alot of things, as I NEVER use it)

foralldeaf.jpg

this is to go on my T-shirts and gonna have 3 or 4 made depending on how much it is going to cost to have these printed on

I like this one :)

Back