I will ask Hearies for only one favour.....

It's *MY* space. *MY* room. It's where I feel like me. It feel, when they turn the CC off, like they don't respect me. I don't know if I can explain.

I thought that explained it very well.

mines is on auto subtitles (cc) nice modern digital TV, and I can even lock it too (didnt bother but soon) i will lock it so that next tme a visitor stays they cant do anything to rid the CC, after all this is a Deaf house. too bloody bad.

I probably should invest in a more updated TV, but TV is not my first priority. I spend more time reading or watching streamed documentaries on the computer.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I don't watch tv much so no reason to get a new tv. I watch DVDs on my laptop. I do almost everything by computer. It's embarrassing when some one look at my tv and laughs, though.

Last edited:

I don't watch tv much so no reason to get a new tv. I watch DVDs on my laptop. I do almost everything by computer. It's embarrassing when some one look at my tv and laughs, though.

I know exactly what you mean. I tell people I keep mine around because it matches my turntable!:giggle:

I think that it's good to teach teens to respect your personal boundaries. They will learn about it before they are in a serious relationship. Their future partners will thank you.

I think that it's good to teach teens to respect your personal boundaries. They will learn about it before they are in a serious relationship. Their future partners will thank you.

Agree 200%.

Why do you care if they turn off the CCs when you're not there?

The kids know they are not to turn off the CC! I would be upset too if someone turned off my CC. The kids should turn the CC back on when they're done watching TV. It called having respect !

Because it take a lot to turn it back on. Hassle. Plus, they should respect *MY* room. If they don't want to see CC then go downstairs!! We have large house they do not need to be in *my* room and fiddle? with my settings.

Exactly! My mum used to do that to my TV in my bedroom but now she can't cos I changed wires, switches around. Mum is clueless with technology, my previous TV switch on plug was behind bookcase, now newer TV I got extra switch behind the shelf that she doesn't know about. Means she can't switch TV on to watch it cos BOTH need to be on so she can't watch TV and switch captions off. Lol! (Got two switch cos behind bookcase needs be on 24/7 for my computer mouse charger pad, one behind shelf switch TV on/off, same connection).

it's as bad as man not putting your seat down after use :)

Bingo. that is an good example. same thing for CC.

I even turn the CC on all of tvs in the house. :giggle: So my kids get use to it. I ll wait till they become teenagers. I sure hope that they leave the "CC on" alone!

Beclak, that is so FAR OUT!! I can't wait to use "step" to my kids when they become teenagers if they ignore me. :lol:

Bingo. that is an good example. same thing for CC.

I even turn the CC on all of tvs in the house. :giggle: So my kids get use to it. I ll wait till they become teenagers. I sure hope that they leave the "CC on" alone!

Beclak, that is so FAR OUT!! I can't wait to use "step" to my kids when they become teenagers if they ignore me. :lol:

They probably will leave it on. My sons did most of the time except for when they're watching a movie. They had gotten so accustomed to the CC that they've noticed that they don't always catch what was said when the CC is not there. They just don't like it sometimes when the CC is overlapping the action on the screen. That's understandable.

Yeah. They should have gotten so accustomed to the CC by now. They never say anything to me about the annoying CC so far. Oh yes I hate that when the CC is in the way when the action on the full screen.

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

My brother *hates* CC on his TV. But every time I visit he turns it on and I NEVER asked or complained. I just wish I could get captions at the drive in movie theater. I think I might just post the STEPS idea at work for everyone to see. Thanks for sharing.

My daughter loved BecLak's S T E P acronym so much she used it in her class where she teaches ASL.

My daughter loved BecLak's S T E P acronym so much she used it in her class where she teaches ASL.

It *SO* great how we can expand understanding in this world by one simple post. Becklak awesome!!

It *SO* great how we can expand understanding in this world by one simple post. Becklak awesome!!

That's true!! I tell people about it when I can, but my whole family's kinda sick of me ranting on and on about ASL and what I'm learning about the culture. It's not that they don't care, they just don't share my enthusiasm.

Becklak, I'll use your awesomeness and take a STEP or two or three...in your direction any day.

Wirelessly posted

rebeccalj said:

:ty: :smile2:

Wirelessly posted

Berry said:

:ty: all for the betterment of Deafhood :p

Wirelessly posted

StevieMont927 said:

That's true!! I tell people about it when I can, but my whole family's kinda sick of me ranting on and on about ASL and what I'm learning about the culture. It's not that they don't care, they just don't share my enthusiasm.

Becklak, I'll use your awesomeness and take a STEP or two or three...in your direction any day.

:h5:

I would put the STEP into practice when I have my own home. Also should use it in public too.

BecLak, thanks for sharing this acronym with us. :)

Back