I cannot start Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind

No, you will not be the only Deaf student. You will be back at FSD in time for lunch and spend the rest of the day on campus.. Plus you will still live in the dorms and be included in all the other activities. Believe me...you will not miss out on anything. Some of my best experiences was at FSDB. I am sure you will love it there! The students at SAHS also have ASL classes so it is funny to run into them.. They are all so nice and try to be your friend. :)

Do we have to live in St. Augstine in order to attend St. Augstine High school and FSDB?

Joey, isn't your mom a member here? Can she come on and fill us in too?

Do we have to live in St. Augstine in order to attend St. Augstine High school and FSDB?

No... I live in South Florida at the time.. and stayed in the Dorm. James Hall is where I stayed at. :)

You wake up at the dorm and eat breakfast. Then stand outside to wait on the bus to pick you up from FSDB to take you to school.

The Bus is FSDB bus... Just Deaf and Blind mainstream students will be on it.

My Grandma doesn't think I can go to St. Augstine and FSDB. She also wanted me to take full deaf classes so... Second, I don't live with my family, anymore. I live with my Grandparents.

You live with them now. But do they have legal custody? Your mom took the matter to the courts to give them custody? Just making sure, that's all.

And the "LOL" wasn't necessary. I was asking a legitimate question. Sorry for even trying to help. Good luck.

My Grandma doesn't think I can go to St. Augstine and FSDB. She also wanted me to take full deaf classes so... Second, I don't live with my family, anymore. I live with my Grandparents.

if you don't mind - may I ask why you don't live with your family? if it's very personal and private, you don't have to answer my question.

Why? Several students there mainstream to St Augustine High schools. We are provided with interpretors and everything. I enjoyed it.

It will depend on your IEP meeting and your previous school records. FSDB do not provide certain classes that are in your IEP.

What classes that FSDB do not provide? Just curious.

What classes that FSDB do not provide? Just curious.

I'm not sure what classes are and are not provided as of today.. When I attended there they did not have English II, Algebra II, Brittish Lit, Geography, etc... Certain classes were not at the level that I was at. Based on my IEP.

That's right, folks! I can't start FSDB for awhile because they said I have to have IEPs meeting and have to start Mainstream school. Damn Mainstream school! Is there other way to around?

i been to FSDB. I think they sucks. not to mean to rude or anything. From what i am hearing from people. Parents mainly are very upset with FSDB including mine. I left right after one year at FSDB. Food, Staff, School and Bus. come on. Mainstream do better than that!

Back