How many kids do you have/want to have?

You sound very ambitious... :wave: That's a lot of kids, too many for me though!! :giggle: I'm already dead beat when my nephews are over and there's three of them!!! :D

Of course I know about your cutie pie... How's she doing btw? Growing all nice and keeping you on track, right? :cool2:

Jamie

Thanks! :D I love to having kids. I raised up in HUGE family and other the reasons why I want alot kids becuase I rasied up as poor, my parents raised me and my sisters and brother up with their TLC and everything like that. I want to raise the kids up same like what my parents raised me up. I know THE MONEY ISSUES, like everybody says but I already said that I raised up poor, right now we have good money to affordable and everything like that. So, let's see where it takes me to end.

She's doing GREAT! Learning more, now she started to walk around with just ONE hand to support her, before TWO hands. Wow, soon start to walking on her own! :( my precious baby.

I used to be childfree woman cos I really didn't want to have a child. Now, I am not sure if I want one.

If I do, I would like to have two children or fewer than two. Still, I think I prefer to take reviews and in-dept knowledge on child development again like what I did take a class at my high school. I just want to make sure I am planned and ready for. :)

I hope I am not going to be single mother since I witnessed that how my mom handled three kids without fathers (except the third's dad). I also saw a few good friends are single parents too... Being single mom is not so pretty... I rather to be in marriage. :(

I used to be childfree woman cos I really didn't want to have a child. Now, I am not sure if I want one.

If I do, I would like to have two children or fewer than two. Still, I think I prefer to take reviews and in-dept knowledge on child development again like what I did take a class at my high school. I just want to make sure I am planned and ready for. :)
I hope I am not going to be single mother since I witnessed that how my mom handled three kids without fathers (except the third's dad). I also saw a few good friends are single parents too... Being single mom is not so pretty... I rather to be in marriage. :(

I had to giggle at that... b/c no amount of classes really prepares you for being a momma :) :) it's nothing like what you learn in school~ it's better!! (and harder!)

Yes being a single mom is tough at times... but w/a great support system it can be just as wonderful as in a marriage w/less stress~~ I don't have someone else interjecting their opinions on my parenting-- or complaining I don't show 'him' enough attention b/c I'm taking care of the baby... but then again, I made the choice to be a single mom (for now- I would love to have a GOOD daddy for Adam someday, when the time is right) So, there are good points about both :) :) (bad ones too!)

I had to giggle at that... b/c no amount of classes really prepares you for being a momma :) :) it's nothing like what you learn in school~ it's better!! (and harder!)

Yes being a single mom is tough at times... but w/a great support system it can be just as wonderful as in a marriage w/less stress~~ I don't have someone else interjecting their opinions on my parenting-- or complaining I don't show 'him' enough attention b/c I'm taking care of the baby... but then again, I made the choice to be a single mom (for now- I would love to have a GOOD daddy for Adam someday, when the time is right) So, there are good points about both :) :) (bad ones too!)

I respectfully disagree. Actually, you can study it at library, internet, and etc etc to take reviews again. I prefer to learn more before I am able to handle kids. :)

Yeah, I understand about being single mom. Oh well. By the way, thanks the comment. :)

I'd like to have 2 but I think my gf envisions having 3 maybe even 4! We'll cross that bridge when we get there and, thankfully, that won't be for a few years

I'd like to have 2 but I think my gf envisions having 3 maybe even 4! We'll cross that bridge when we get there and, thankfully, that won't be for a few years

That's very wise! Whatever happens, happens :D

Jamie

I have to agree with her, but respectfully not agreeing with you.

I have been though classes over everything about baby and child, and I find this to be not what I learn from class!

I assure once you have baby, your perspective will change by 180 degrees, just like it had happened to me. I once thought I knew it all, and got false assumption that after I studied I will be able to handle.... but boy! I was totally wrong.

Do I have regrets? Hey where is it? I seem can't find it!

I respectfully disagree. Actually, you can study it at library, internet, and etc etc to take reviews again. I prefer to learn more before I am able to handle kids. :)

Yeah, I understand about being single mom. Oh well. By the way, thanks the comment. :)

I have to agree with her, but respectfully not agreeing with you.

I have been though classes over everything about baby and child, and I find this to be not what I learn from class!

I assure once you have baby, your perspective will change by 180 degrees, just like it had happened to me. I once thought I knew it all, and got false assumption that after I studied I will be able to handle.... but boy! I was totally wrong.

Do I have regrets? Hey where is it? I seem can't find it!

Hm, interesting. Well, I remember a woman, who lived in Portland, did take a class (for second time; in high school at first, and then college second) for one term, and she went to have a child. It was turned out doing okay... :dunno:

Well, I guess I will have to see for myself when I get a child, by then... ^_^;;

Hm, interesting. Well, I remember a woman, who lived in Portland, did take a class (for second time; in high school at first, and then college second) for one term, and she went to have a child. It was turned out doing okay... :dunno:

Well, I guess I will have to see for myself when I get a child, by then... ^_^;;

I think what Diehardbiker and I were trying to express is that you don't learn everything in the classes... yes, you do learn how to handle some situations better-- like emergencies, etc- you may not panic as much as someone who hasn't had a class for instance. And you learn about milestones children should reach and the approximate ages they reach them, etc... but there are things the classes can't teach-- the emotional side of parenting for one-- and one has to keep in mind each child is different and not all are 'text book' examples, not saying that learning about these things isn't beneficial, but rather, it doesn't prepare you for all of the things that parenthood includes.

Learning (as long as it's from reliable sources) is ALWAYS a good thing-- regardless of the subject :)

yeah, that is better explaination. Of course, the class I took back then was just basically a preparation. At first I thought I was in financial disaster, it turned out to be just myth!

What I learn is that breastfed babies are the best, and it turned out to be true. I can back this claim easily.

Bottom line, do not expect what you want to expect. It will come by naturally and unfortunately there isn't instruction manual that comes with baby. And yes, do not panic is very important especially with fathers!

Tell you this, one good example that I didnt learn from class, kids can be smart and fast learners! My wife begged me to lock all cabinets and drawers. I said what for? It is only temporary, but she insists so I gone ahead installed them. In the end, my son, back then was 2 years old figured out at the end of that day! My wife was shocked in disbelief!

I was hoping that I will have two kids, but at this time only one child.

I think what Diehardbiker and I were trying to express is that you don't learn everything in the classes... yes, you do learn how to handle some situations better-- like emergencies, etc- you may not panic as much as someone who hasn't had a class for instance. And you learn about milestones children should reach and the approximate ages they reach them, etc... but there are things the classes can't teach-- the emotional side of parenting for one-- and one has to keep in mind each child is different and not all are 'text book' examples, not saying that learning about these things isn't beneficial, but rather, it doesn't prepare you for all of the things that parenthood includes.

Learning (as long as it's from reliable sources) is ALWAYS a good thing-- regardless of the subject :)

As for Adam'sMomma & diehardbiker, okay, I'll keep in that mind. :)

Adam's Momma, you claimed that I didn't learn anything in classes. Actually, no, I did take a class for child development at my former high school four years ago. :)

As for Adam'sMomma & diehardbiker, okay, I'll keep in that mind. :)

Adam's Momma, you claimed that I didn't learn anything in classes. Actually, no, I did take a class for child development at my former high school four years ago. :)

I didn't say you didn't learn ANYTHING... what I was saying is there are things that can't be taught, they have to be experienced personally... they have to be felt with the heart, like holding your baby for the first time~ no class can prepare you for the way that feels. I hope that makes sense (its late so I might not be making sense lol)

I don't want you to think I feel like you've learned nothing, that's not at all what I was expressing... PLEASE don't think that was it. Like I said learning as much as you can is great and its wonderful that you're not rushing into it...

I knew it ALL when it came to child development, child care, etc.

Then something happened.

I had kids. And I was humbled! LOL

I didn't say you didn't learn ANYTHING... what I was saying is there are things that can't be taught, they have to be experienced personally... they have to be felt with the heart, like holding your baby for the first time~ no class can prepare you for the way that feels. I hope that makes sense (its late so I might not be making sense lol)

I don't want you to think I feel like you've learned nothing, that's not at all what I was expressing... PLEASE don't think that was it. Like I said learning as much as you can is great and its wonderful that you're not rushing into it...

Ah, I get it. Thanks for clarity. :)

Nephews and nieces are awesome to have!

Awww...there's nothing better than a warm, sweet-smelling baby all snuggly and cute.

Uh oh, there's that baby fever talking again. I need help!

Nephews and nieces are awesome to have!

Awww...there's nothing better than a warm, sweet-smelling baby all snuggly and cute.

Uh oh, there's that baby fever talking again. I need help!

Yeah I get that feling frequently... I'd love to have a little girl... but Adam has so much going on... I just can't take on another baby... Im waiting on my bff to have the lil girl for us!! Lol she'l be soooo spoiled!!!

Back