Hello from North Carolina!

cfowler

Reaction score
Hello there everyone!

My name is Chase, and I'm just your average teenager who is interested in learning ASL. That's actually the reason I initially signed up for this website, because I would like to meet members of the deaf community and interact with others as I learn how to properly sign.

I guess I should mention a few things about myself, so others know what I'm interested in, etc? I do theatre, it's my passion and what I want to do with my life. I'd actually like to one day be a part of a production of Deaf West's, like their Spring Awakening, currently on Broadway. But I digress. I'm getting ready to attend college for a double major in Business and Theatre, and who knows what minor. I'm gay, and yes, I'm throwing that out there.

So yeah, that's me. I hope to make friends with a lot of you! Thank you!

Hello and welcome :) how fun to be in theater! I tried theater but liked being a tech instead. Was prop master in high school. I am a huge fan of cosplaying which is kind of like acting lol. Good luck with your asl studies, it's a great language and looks amazing on the stage also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

I think there is a bigger deaf community up around Raleigh/Durham. Wilson/Greensboro may also have a small one as the deaf school is in Wilson. Not sure how big the deaf community is in Morganton where the other deaf school is.

No idea on Charlotte- that's one I need to check on.

Back