Golden Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that impression from this and your other posts.

yes....
Deaf take an active interest in the furthering and the betterment of Deaf children's lives...
sign is a birthright...!!
every Deaf child has a right to be Deaf..

im using the D- in Deaf for all here, as being denied a birthright does NOT negate it..

yeah we get it you don't like that
well
tough

Which bring me to one of my biggest bones to pick. Who authorized you to decide who deaf enough,

i haven't decided anything.
again
every CULTURE has its boundaries, every culture has its centre. Deaf is no exception, those boundaries are decided by the culture., as well as its centre, for Deaf that centre and that boundary is SIGN.

pls educate yourself, and the first step is knowing what D-in Deaf means and knowing what the d-in deaf means...you can also start by reading understanding Deaf culture by ladd, or inside Deaf culture by padden and humphries..also Deaf in america....

W
only the non implant and the anti-implant cultural people qualify in your view.

I HAVE NEVER STATED THIS, NOR DO I BELIEVE THIS!!!
stop the slander, really i'm very clear in my posts and what i believe.

That is good to know.

clearly you know very little.

By the way since you read Dr. Chorost's bio you should know he was born deaf,

yes i'm aware of that..

but because he does not sign and got an implant he is an outsider.

NO. not at all its because he does not sign and does not see himself as Deaf and is not part of our culture...
HE and you are welcome to join Deaf culture when ever you wish too and your invited...so start learning sign,, sign will set you free!!

Again who authorized you to decide?

ive decided nothing,
again
every culture has its boundaries every culture has its centre, Deaf culture is NO different.
our boundary and our centre is SIGN...

pls re read this post, over and over and over again, if you cant understand.
feel free to even pm me if need be, im happy to help you in coming to terms with this..

thank you.

Last edited:
THIS is exactly why you can't see the big picture. It's not "CI" philosophy, it's not philosophy particle to CI. It is the same for hearing aids. The reasoning behind focusing on oral language instead of sign is the same. And it wasn't new, the philosophy was already in place before sign.

who ever stated it was new? no one has ever stated it was new. the focus on oralism wasn't new..on the contrary if you cared to even read any of the sources and cites, or even knew much at all regarding Deaf culture or history, you would be aware that since oralism was even contrived we have been opposed to the very idea.....oralism has came in phases, CI is termed its fourth phase.

it is the philosophy of orlaism which is the driving force in regards to CI. the issue is oirlaism!!, as discourse and philosophy the practice is phonocentric colonialism which is the issue...

actions,
behaviours...
in DENYING sign language acquisition to Deaf babies and children,
and actions
behaviours
by policy and action that keep Deaf children away from other Deaf children so that they do not revert back to being Deaf.

that is the issue...

of course you know more then us, when it comes to our culture and our history and what we even experience.,...after all your NOT one of us, your NOT Deaf, you don't know our language, don't care much for our values, are in this for product loyalty and religious conviction

right..

If you were truly just pro bilingualism and not just working overtime for your D card by being so anti-CI you'd be focusing on better support systems for deaf children and better, more well rounded education for the speech pathologists and all the other professionals involved in a child's language acquisition. Both CI kids and kids with hearing aids.

why attack her?
further.

the best support any Deaf child can get is to acquire SIGN LANGUAGE at the very start of language acquisition!!!

You wouldn't be harassing people posting about CIs badgering them and trying to guilt them about the "harm" children receive from them.

she shared her opinion ambrosia as do you on here...

get used to it,
this is a discussion forum.
in here
you will come into contact with other opinions that will differ from yours...

You wouldn't be going around falsely claiming that the MAJORITY of CI kids are harmed by them. It is a completely false claim btw, not even the research that supports he articles you two post support that claim.

thats NOT what she claimed.
but let me ask you a question (and yes i know you otn answer its more for others)

what is the greatest harm caused in this?

Do you actually think you're fooling anyone? Anyone at all?

do you

it is the philosophy of orlaism which is the driving force in regards to CI. the issue is oirlaism!!, as discourse and philosophy the practice is phonocentric colonialism which is the issue...
And even if you won your quest for prelingually deaf children NOT to be implanted the same problem would still exist, just with hearing aids. CI is not the source of the philosophy. Even your own sources stress the importance of oral communication. Because as you like to say we do not live in a vacuum, though bubble would be more accurate. You need to equip children for life, and they'll be living and interacting with hearing people.

This makes your constant bashing of CIs and arguments against them thin and rather stupid. You have a short view not a long one.
that is the issue...

of course you know more then us, when it comes to our culture and our history and blah blah blah

Irrelevant, I don't have be Deaf to under the issues at hand. In fact maybe it gives me a better perspective. My opinion isn't colored with bitterness and anger that causes me to fail to look at this logically, intellectually and philosophically.

the best support any Deaf child can get is to acquire SIGN LANGUAGE at the very start of language acquisition!!!

I know. If you'd paid any attention you'd have noticed I too am pro bilingualism. Except, you're not really. You're missing the fact that the other half of that bilingualism is ORAL. You seem to think sign is the ONLY solution, the ONLY skill of value. I feel that CI has a better chance of reaching successful oralism than hearing aids in the profoundly deaf. The research supports that. Fact. Will it work 100% in 100% of kids? No, NOTHING has guarantees like that. Nothing. But better support systems should be in place. Even if a parent puts off sign they're should be requirements set in place that IF a kid happens to be one that isn't developing oral language that sign should be required, to avoid language deprivation. But still bilingual would be better.

thats NOT what she claimed.

Oh really??????! Stop, just stop that. You look foolish denying what she said, he'll you look foolish denying things you've said.

Is one child's success worth the multitude of others harmed?

Check the numbers again... no they are not... a majority fail in oral only settings....

And at the cost of many more harmed than it will ever benefit...

That last one was the most ludicrous claim btw. One I asked her to back up the claim for but she didn't. She's Jezie, the fortune telling gypsy hmmmmmm

yes....
Deaf take an active interest in the furthering and the betterment of Deaf children's lives...
sign is a birthright...!!
every Deaf child has a right to be Deaf..

im using the D- in Deaf for all here, as being denied a birthright does NOT negate it..

yeah we get it you don't like that
well
tough
I did get you wrong. You are not a fanatic. You are a Deaf Fundamentalist!!

THIS is exactly why you can't see the big picture. It's not "CI" philosophy, it's not philosophy particle to CI. It is the same for hearing aids. The reasoning behind focusing on oral language instead of sign is the same. And it wasn't new, the philosophy was already in place before sign.

If you were truly just pro bilingualism and not just working overtime for your D card by being so anti-CI you'd be focusing on better support systems for deaf children and better, more well rounded education for the speech pathologists and all the other professionals involved in a child's language acquisition. Both CI kids and kids with hearing aids.

You wouldn't be harassing people posting about CIs badgering them and trying to guilt them about the "harm" children receive from them. You wouldn't be going around falsely claiming that the MAJORITY of CI kids are harmed by them. It is a completely false claim btw, not even the research that supports he articles you two post support that claim.

Do you actually think you're fooling anyone? Anyone at all?

Uhhhh no. Piss off, Mom

Again... move back from CI... I am not saying it is CI philosophy... it is the philosophy behind it... in case you missed it, for all the times it has been stated, that philosophy is oralism. Since you have admitted to not reading much let me clarify, that philosophy date back to ancient times; thousands of years ago... little education is good for the soul... read a book or 10...

Now, you seem quite attached to my use of the word "majority"... here is a question for you... if cites state that most prelingual deaf suffer from language deprivation, if keeping sign from deaf assist in language deprivation, and if keeping deaf children from other deaf to ensure they do not become deaf... does this not cover more deaf people then the ones that it helps? Mind you, I am not saying no benefit is provided... but when you start off on the basic level of talking about prelingual deaf as "most"... well the numbers just rise from there... furthermore, "majority" is a synonym for "most"...
As for your issues with me not providing cites to other things... well that go buried somewhere... you have said you do not read them so why post them again? They are already in this thread... you have an issue of age? Maybe you are unaware of how long proper studies take? They are no less true... proper scientific studies from 2016 would not be used properly until they can go through a though investigation and will take years to be available ...

As for your issues with me not providing cites to other things... well that go buried somewhere... you have said you do not read them so why post them again? They are already in this thread... you have an issue of age? Maybe you are unaware of how long proper studies take? They are no less true... proper scientific studies from 2016 would not be used properly until they can go through a though investigation and will take years to be available ...

My problem is not with how long studies have taken but when the publication date is many years ago it makes me think that the active study was even many more years ago. Thus, I think there is a good chance of the information presented being out of date!

keeping deaf children from other deaf to ensure they do not become deaf
So kids with CIs don't need contact with hearing kids? It is only the Deaf lifestyle you are really concerned about. The thought that the child with a CI may Choose the hearing lifestyle themselves never occurred.

My problem is not with how long studies have taken but when the publication date is many years ago it makes me think that the active study was even many more years ago. Thus, I think there is a good chance of the information presented being out of date!
And when that study is backed to others more recently? Tells me there is a verifiable trend... looking at only one study or study from one area risks bianess... you have to look at more then one or two... if you look for a trend you have to look at many through different times... look past just a single and look at the whole and what do you find?

So kids with CIs don't need contact with hearing kids? It is only the Deaf lifestyle you are really concerned about. The thought that the child with a CI may Choose the hearing lifestyle themselves never occurred.

Did I say that?

Exactly what Jane said, the papers you guys have submitted for our perusal make claims, like the majority are have educational problems, aren't successful at oral etc etc etc. You, Jezie and Hoichi, repeat those claims. But if you bothered to read the material they're citing to make such a claim will find that a) the material is very dated......studies conducted in 90s and early 2000's on kids that have been implanted at least 5 years meaning they're the kids with the first implants, the dinosaurs. Hell even the papers themselves are dated. B) the research material they use to support their claims don't even support their claims!!! It's closer to the opposite actually. I've already gone over this.

If you were TRULY pro BIlingualism you wouldn't spend so much time bashing the oral half of that equation and actively trying discourage use of resources and tools that increase the success of achieving the oral half of bilingualism.

What you say and what you do are two different things. You engage in anti-CI propaganda thinly guised as pro bilingualism.

What you preach isn't even in agreement with the sources you cite.

Last edited:
You refuse to accept that is a good deal of evidence that CIs to quote Janet Jackson (Will make your life a little easier).
https://consensus.nih.gov/1995/1995CochlearImplants100html.htm

i have ever stated otherwise. i keep stating the opposite.
yeah Ci helps some
cool

thats NOT anything related to the points of our opposition.
pls try again or here's an idea....
actually read not only the statements on here but the actual cites and works recommended to you,

Deaf child has a right to be Deaf..
What about the kid who listed 10 reasons he loved his CIs. Your above listed post does not bode well for access to sound or the hearing world in any way.

And even if you won your quest for prelingually deaf children NOT to be implanted

since its CI that is coming from without to us, from those like you, that is your quest. NOT ours.

WE, Deaf and that's the majority are opposed to DENTING sign language to Deaf babies and children. we are opposed to the practices and polices and actions that keep Deaf children away from other Deaf children so that they do not revert back to being Deaf

if you call that our quest ...
no argument here..

the same problem would still exist, just with hearing aids. CI is not the source of the philosophy.

there is a very real difference in the level of assimilation in regards to the technology and the therapies used with them depending..

also their is a very real difference in levels of penetration of Deaf bodies..
with products of no choice for the Deaf involved..

we oppose this..

NO one has ever stated orlaism began with CI..

no one!!

Even your own sources stress the importance of oral communication.

the importance is not the sole importance. not in my sources so pls demonstrate to me what sources i have posted that claim oral is the sole important factor. thank you.

the approach i support is a bilingual one. i have stated this repeatedly!!

Because as you like to say we do not live in a vacuum, though bubble would be more accurate. You need to equip children for life, and they'll be living and interacting with hearing people.

indeed thats why gaining fluency in a mode of language Deaf can perceive right form the start is a MUST!!!!
thats why SIGN LANGUAGE acquisition for Deaf babies and children is a necessity!!! it is our birthright!!
Deaf have a right to be Deaf!!

This makes your constant bashing of CIs and arguments against them thin and rather stupid. You have a short view not a long one.

then let us be stupid, (roll eyes)
and kindly leave us alone..
(if only those like you would of.....if only)

Irrelevant, I don't have be Deaf to under the issues at hand.

you don't have to be Deaf to discuss the issues at hand, and i don't have to be a women to go to a women's board and discuss women's rights issues either, i can go to a black board and post but the fact m not a women, and im not black, and your NOT Deaf will be brought to the front of the conversation.

In fact maybe it gives me a better perspective. My opinion isn't colored with bitterness and anger that causes me to fail to look at this logically, intellectually and philosophically.

your opinion is colored by product loyalty and religious conviction. that hardly qualifies you to make nay remarks regarding us.

you hardly are looking at this philosophically but by all means, which philosopher and works of the west would you like to discuss in regards to this topic? or would you prefer the east? should we start with pre socratics? or neoplatonist of the late classical? or with perhaps the madhymaka and yogacara? perhaps later takuin? of rinzai zen myshunji lineage? in regards to orlaism and sign the enlightenment offer some interesting philosophical speculations?
so pls ambrosia.
lets discuss philosophy?
perhaps another thread?
what do you think is the fundamental difference between the phenomenology of husserl and that of heidegger and can that difference be in anyway tossed into a discussion of bergsonian vitalism in relation to having a Deaf daughter?
or maybe you wan to discuss foucault's technology of normalization?
or given your sharp philosophical intellect (roll eyes), you want to have a go at the subtle nuances of Deaf epistemology in your gaining knowledge of hoichis Deafie ontology?
mmmm......

your certainly NOT looking at this intellectually either, after all you don't even read any cites or sources.
first step in the above ambrosia
read, and read the cites and sources, you didnt even know what a research article was....so..spare us..for heaven's sake

the fact is your NOT Deaf. so regarding what WE do, or what WE wish, or how WE decide to do what WE do, and what is best for US,.... you ave NO state at all in regards to our children, OUR future, and ourselves..
YOUR NOT DEAF.

I know. If you'd paid any attention you'd have noticed I too am pro bilingualism.

i never stated you weren't pro bilingualism. but your facade is starting to crack re your posts.

Except, you're not really. You're missing the fact that the other half of that bilingualism is ORAL.

NO you are incorrect and in factual error here. the other half is not oral. english is NOT just an oral language. far far from it.
one can and people do learn to read and write fluently in english without speaking it..every damn day, ..english is not only an oral language ambrosia....
so much for your intellectual fortitude...(rolls eyes)

You seem to think sign is the ONLY solution,

SIGN language is the best solution for Deaf babies and children. it is the perfect mode of language for Deaf...its the natural mode of communication for for Deaf
this does NOT negate at all the acquisition of another language such as english, actually it aids in it. by gaining fluency in sign one can cross fertilize that fluency in gaining another language fluently, even more so in the golden window

the ONLY skill of value.

well if you will classify a language as a skill. then fine. your plm is i have NEVER EVER stated a monolingual approach, i grew up bilingual so the ideal of a monolingual approach with any language i've always found to be rather silly.

I feel that CI has a better chance of reaching successful oralism than hearing aids in the profoundly deaf.

leave your mask of benevolence at the door pls!!
yes you do feel that.
too bad for you YOUR NOT DEAF. so what ever you feel or not regarding US is irrelevant..
your a blond hair blue eyed girl .....so go to a black board and tell them "you feel" whats best for them..
or a native board, or any board of any minority...go on lady try it!!

The research supports that.

no it doesnt. so pls, how much research have you read? your not even familiar with our cultural mores and beliefs of the end users of your product...so your in no position to claim whats best or not..

Fact. Will it work 100% in 100% of kids? No, NOTHING has guarantees like that. nothing.

if nothing is even like that then why bring up a "nothing"? instead discuss the "things" we know...

and your actually wrong.
in regards to language acquisition. all Deaf babies can acquire a sign language far easier after all, it's natural, and faster, and attain fluency in sign language. that is a FACT

But better support systems should be in place.

indeed and the best support for Deaf babies and Deaf children is immediate and early sign language acquisition!!!
Sign language is the best support..

Even if a parent puts off sign they're should be requirements set in place that IF a kid happens to be one that isn't developing oral language that sign should be required, to avoid language deprivation. But still bilingual would be better.

sorry we disagree with you here, and Deaf culture very much disagrees with here. Sign isn't just a secondary option just in case a Deaf kid doesn't become the oral star (which is the majority, the majority of orla kids are not the stars paraded..),
NO....!!
we OPPOSE DENYING sign language to Deaf babies and children!!!!
it denies them their birthright!!
and WE as a majority that is Deaf are opposed to denying Deaf babies their birth right.

Oh really??????! Stop, just stop that. You look foolish denying what she said, he'll you look foolish denying things you've said.

so much denying with you.....telling..

That last one was the most ludicrous claim btw. One I asked her to back up the claim for but she didn't. She's Jezie, the fortune telling gypsy hmmmmmm

which claim?

by the way my nani was gypsie. your scoffing or dismissing jeize for being a gypsy i find insulting and racist!!.

your a white blond hair blue eyed majority women...

both in regards to Deaf and Gypsies...
your supremacist face and attitude bleeds through your posts..
bleeds

Last edited:
What about the kid who listed 10 reasons he loved his CIs. Your above listed post does not bode well for access to sound or the hearing world in any way.

wow you a kid who posted his ten reasons why he loves ci...
no kidden..

quick question.
how does that address any of my statements on here?

Exactly what Jane said, the papers you guys have submitted for our perusal make claims, like the majority are have educational problems, aren't successful at oral etc etc etc. You, Jezie and Hoichi, repeat those claims. But if you bothered to read the material they're citing to make such a claim

i have read the material have you?
im curious..
besides reading an article on here (granted i understand that must of been difficult for you), what other works in this field have you read?
what experience do you have with the culture who opposes this assimilation?

E
will find that a) the material is very dated.....

the material is by no means considered or classed as outdated in the fields the material pertains too

E
.studies conducted in 90s and early 2000's on kids that have been implanted at least 5 years meaning they're the kids with the first implants, the dinosaurs.

that was the target population for those studies. for a reason.

E
Hell even the papers themselves are dated.

again clearly your unaware of the convention of tagging a thing dated or not in the academic fields that the papers pertain too...the papers are in no way classed as outdated by the fields they are relevant to.
(shakes head)
funny if it wasn't so sad.

E
B) the research material they use to support their claims don't even support their claims!!! It's closer to the opposite actually. I've already gone over this.

no you have not

the article you claim to have read though now it appears perhaps you skimmed?
that article supports early sign language acquisition. thats what it supports.
are claiming that that article does NOT support early sign language acquisition?
ven't you dismissed the entire findings by claiming the authors were biased then somehow you have it you could claim they actually support your statements even though you just claimed there claims are biased and thus useless..

again it would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad...(smirks)

E
If you were TRULY pro BIlingualism you wouldn't spend so much time bashing the oral half of that equation and actively trying discourage use of resources and tools that increase the success of achieving the oral half of bilingualism.

again you clearly have very little knowledge in this field or even in languages..
english is NOT an orol only language.

people every damn day learn to read and write in english without ever hearing it....or without even moving their beaks like a hearie parto and speakie it..

i myself and jeize on here have repeatedly stated we are pro bilingual and we are...(are you even bi lingual ambrosia)
im not even opposed to having oral classes as long its not the salvation religion you and yoru ilk preach and is a far far down the list of academics....and knowledge acquisition.
the plm you face here is you knwo very little on this topic thus all you can do is just dismiss or put..or shout,
cuz
thats all youve been doing..

What you say and what you do are two different things. You engage in anti-CI propaganda thinly guised as pro bilingualism.

if we are engaged in anti Ci propaganda then your the useful idiot for the CI agenda..

given your posts and how much you demonstrated you know very little in this topic...it had to be stated.

you shouted and railed i was a new "convert" yet i've been Deaf for 30 years, went to a government residential school for the Deaf, i went to gally.....i live amongst Deaf, i work amongst Deaf, im a member in my Deaf community...and here you are seeming to have it that you have a say in what we do...
fascinating...

and you've had your messiah tech drilled into now for how many years?

my point exactly...
thus its hard to take you seriously on here really...

E
What you preach isn't even in agreement with the sources you cite.

we are not preaching...
YOU ARE!!
after all your in this for product loyalty and religious conviction...

meh..
(shrugs shoulders.).

Last edited:
Language deprivation has been mentioned regarding sign as if oral language restrictions are in no way depriving.

if you restrict by policy and actions and behaviour sign language from being acquired,
that by definition means it's being deprived...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back