"Gift Of Life" Donor

yagazn

Reaction score
How to Be an Organ & Tissue Donor

Are you giving your organs to any stranger?

As for me, In case If I die...Yeah, They would take my organs to any stranger. Donor is on my driver license already.

Yes, I'm listed as an organ donor on my driver's license.

How about hearing from the OTHER SIDE of the organ donation??

Long story short....I was knocking at death's door (I was 25...now I am 35) and I was ill for a very long time. I FINALLY had a HEART transplant. I received it from an organ donor's family. It TRULY was a gift of life. I got a 2nd chance on life. I am truly blessed. I was transplanted September 3rd, 2008.

Now..all I ever do is promote and educate the benefits of being an organ donor.

And yes....I AM an organ donor and I DID convince a good number of people to become donors.

:)

Yes, its on my license too and I went one step farther and put a paragraph in my living will about it when I made that out before my CI surgery.

I'm a proud organ donor also...(on my drivers license).....good idea to include it in ur Living Will.....

In France, we don't put it on the driving licence sadly :(

But yeah, I am a proud organ donor : my family knows that in case I may die, I want to give everything I can.
At least, I won't be dead for nothing, and other people may live instead of surviving.
I remember of Sabrina, a friend suffering from Alport syndrome : she has only the ESRD, but had to start dialyzing at 13 years old. Her sister suffers from the same condition, and also in ESRD. I wish French law would have permitted me to donate to Sabrina : what is it, 1 day more at hospital for check-up whereas Sabrina can live instead of surviving ? I go more often at hospital for ADHD than I'd go for the post-donation follow-up !
I now swear myself to donate if I can.
I take the problem from any part, and I arrive at the same point. If I die, donating organs to save other lives, not to die for nothing. It is unfair to die, especially at young age, it's even worse when it's for nothing.
Because after me, life continues, Earth doesn't stop turning, so if II can save other lives from my death, it wouldn't have been for nothing.....

i donate my parts. but i wonder what they will do with the broken ears? good way to make more deaf people if they transplant my ears on a hearing person.

I am an organ donor. My mother wanted to be, but was taken off the rolls since she contracted a blood disease.

i donate my parts. but i wonder what they will do with the broken ears? good way to make more deaf people if they transplant my ears on a hearing person.

Im sure they would go to sciennce to study and try to find ways to sort it out... even with just disecting and seeing whats went wrong....

Yep, I signed up on Australian Organ donation Registry, which listed all organs I'd want donated and which I don't want donated.

Carry a card certifying that I'm a organ donor.

Back